“NIH stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My mother's funeral was scheduled for Pumphrey Funeral Home right down the road on the other side of 270 in Rockville. They could do nothing for me for a reception after the service and could not make any recommendations for me. So I Googled Hotels, Rockville and found the Best Western just right down the street. They gave us a small banquet hall, let me order food for a small amount of people and could not have been nicer or more professional to deal with. Thank you Romel, for all of your help and making this such an easy thing to do for my late mother's friends and family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Sherri –

Thank you so much for your kind words. Because we are so close to so many churches, synagogues and funeral homes, we are often called upon to assist our neighbors when they are given the sad task of saying goodbye to a loved one. We understand that losing someone close is not a planned expense and we are honored to handle the details for families so they may spend their time with each other and friends. I will pass your comments onto Romel.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites under happier circumstances. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a very bad location smells horrible I stayed here for a week every orning 8am there's house keeping banging on the door even if the do not disturb sign is on I wanted to shoot myself staying here the staff VERY unfriendly manager VERY rude I would never stay at this dump and I visit Rockville once a month for work I made sure I told my conworkers never to stay here says it 100$ non smoking hotel smells like smoke in all the hall ways make sure you invest in febreeze and candles at this dump ....

• Stayed January 2013
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback. While are proud of our staff and our hotel, and based on other reviews here, our guests are happy. That said I’m so sorry we didn’t meet your expectations.

We are a 100% smoke free hotel. Every once in a blue moon we have a guest that opts to break that rule. We take it very seriously when a gust does that. We charge and give the room a deep cleaning. As a non-smoker myself, I fully understand your frustration, and for that I apologize.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a week the staff was rude as well as the manager the day I checked out a few hours later manager called saying he found ashes in my garbage teimg me there were cigarettes charged me 300$. I went to the beat western so that it could see what ashes and cigarettes did he find. Couldn't show me the evidence and refused to take me upstairs to the room to see if it smelled like smoke, as I'm talking to him he ignores and brushes me off talking to the next guest. He tells me to get out of his hotel repeatedly long story short they pretty much dugged though my garbage very rude staff and hotel is in a horrible location which the bar there sucks so my advice is for you to NEVER stay there!

• Stayed February 2013
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Many of our returning guests suggested we become a smoke free hotel… and we are proud to say we listened to that feedback and have been a 100% smoke free feel location for a couple years now. To keep our location smoke free we, like most hotels, do charge a fee for those who smoke in our rooms or suites.

We are particularly proud of our GM at this location. He is extremely focused on providing great service and this shows in the other reviews on this and other sites. In fact we did have proof that we did show you including the cup of cigarette ash that was left in the room. You did not mention in your review the fact that you left burning candles in the room after you checked out, suggesting this was done to mask the odor of the smoke, but also creating a potentially dangerous environment for our other guests and team members. Luckily, that smoke from the numerous candles was so strong that it leaked into the hallway where one of our housekeepers, who like all our staff members has been trained in hotel safety, reported this to management immediately so the candles could be put out before more severe damage was done to the room.

Perhaps you felt our award winning General Manger was not friendly because you didn’t like the message he had to give to you regarding the $300 charge. The fact that you actually travel with candles suggests to me that you are aware that hotels do take smoking in non-smoking rooms very seriously. The next time your travels require overnight stays I suggest you ask about smoking policies. Most non-smoking hotels, including ours, have designated smoking areas on site. We even offer rooms on the second floor to our guests who smoke, as there is direct access from that floor to one of our smoking areas.
Latrobe, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked this hotel a week before my trip due to extenuating circumstances. I got a great room to share for only $100!! We stayed one night so that we didn't have to drive into DC extremely early the next day. Great room and good staff!! It was in a great location with plenty to do around the area. Would definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for all your kind words. We really area a hidden gem with a great staff. I will be sure to pass on your experiences to the rest of our team. We never get tired of receiving great feedback.

We look forward to you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is the second time I got stuck with the Best Western after bidding on Priceline. When I saw it pop up my heart sunk. I actually teared up when I saw I booked it. I hope I die in my sleep so I don't have to stay the whole week. This is a nightmare! I am writing a review because after staying here twice, I am tired of this place getting decent reviews and a star rating it doesn't deserve.

This place is awful. Dark halls. Filthy rooms. A stale stench permeating every inch of this place. Dreadful housekeeping knocking on doors @ 8 am. Dinging sheets that smell like body odor and smoke. BE sure to bring your Lysol and Febreeze. I always try to bid low because I know this a 3 star on Priceline for Rockville. Even though I got a decent rate, I am dreading checking in. I hope I don't get a pet room again. I told them I am allergic to cats, but alas they put me in a room that had a cat and I ended up @ urgent care. The breakfast isn't bad, but the food isn't cooked thoroughly. There is only one elevator for 9 floors of guests. The gym is old and not well situated. The restaurant never had regular hours and there is nothing nearby if you don't have a car. The satellite TV is virtually non-existent and they have yet to fix it. The fridges don't get cold and the microwaves are old under 700 watts which means it takes 10 minutes to pop popcorn. And forget about getting a non-smoking room. Most people just ignore the sign and smoke anyway. The rooms smell like a bar. This hotel doesn't deserve three stars. The Red Roof Inn on Shady Grove Road is better than this dump and it is only a 2 star hotel.

If you have no standards, by all means stay here. But if you expect basic cleanliness and comfort, you will need to look elsewhere. You have been warned.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this place. Head over to the SpringHill Suites.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. “MoreThanAWoman”, I do recall your last review with us. Trip Advisor had to remove it from their site because it violated the website’s guidelines due to the graphic inappropriate language that was used, including your offensive view on women in the work place. While you are certainly entitled to your views, a travel website is the not appropriate venue to express them. People come here it get travel hints. I’m so sorry you did not enjoy our newly renovated fitness center overlooking our pool area, the numerous restaurant options that are just steps away from our hotel via our free shuttle, our brand new flat panel 37” HDTVs with 60 channels via DirecTV, one of the countries most respected satellite companies and our many other amenities that keep our guests coming back again and again. Images of our hotel may be viewed by clicking on “hotel virtual tour” just below our hotel name on this site as well as on our own hotel site.

We are lucky to have a great team here, and our friendly service is mentioned in many of the reviews on this site. While, I’m sorry you were not pleased with us, we are proud of our high ranking by over 250 reviews here on TripAdvisor as it does speak volumes to the type of service we provide. We really are a hidden gem.

I understand that you book through Priceline. As you are not a fan of our hotel, you may want to consider booking through Priceline where you can actually select your hotel. Those prices, while still fair, are a little higher. If you choose to bid on a hotel where the prices is non-refundable, and are given our hotel again, please feel free to contact myself or the general manager. We will contact Priceline on your behalf to request they refund your money. I agree you should not stay at a hotel you do not enjoy. Thank you for returning the Washington, DC / Rockville area as we have so much to see and do in our great region.

Heredia, Heredia, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was very very limited i stayed over a week and it was practically always the same.

very good location close to restaurants malls and business center

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m so glad to hear you found our staff friendly and helpful. We really have a great team and it shows. I have to agree with you about our location … we really are close to everything. I hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle – it makes shopping, dining, attractions and business just steps away.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!