“Excellent last-minute stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Latrobe, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent last-minute stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked this hotel a week before my trip due to extenuating circumstances. I got a great room to share for only $100!! We stayed one night so that we didn't have to drive into DC extremely early the next day. Great room and good staff!! It was in a great location with plenty to do around the area. Would definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you so much for all your kind words. We really area a hidden gem with a great staff. I will be sure to pass on your experiences to the rest of our team. We never get tired of receiving great feedback.

We look forward to you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is the second time I got stuck with the Best Western after bidding on Priceline. When I saw it pop up my heart sunk. I actually teared up when I saw I booked it. I hope I die in my sleep so I don't have to stay the whole week. This is a nightmare! I am writing a review because after staying here twice, I am tired of this place getting decent reviews and a star rating it doesn't deserve.

This place is awful. Dark halls. Filthy rooms. A stale stench permeating every inch of this place. Dreadful housekeeping knocking on doors @ 8 am. Dinging sheets that smell like body odor and smoke. BE sure to bring your Lysol and Febreeze. I always try to bid low because I know this a 3 star on Priceline for Rockville. Even though I got a decent rate, I am dreading checking in. I hope I don't get a pet room again. I told them I am allergic to cats, but alas they put me in a room that had a cat and I ended up @ urgent care. The breakfast isn't bad, but the food isn't cooked thoroughly. There is only one elevator for 9 floors of guests. The gym is old and not well situated. The restaurant never had regular hours and there is nothing nearby if you don't have a car. The satellite TV is virtually non-existent and they have yet to fix it. The fridges don't get cold and the microwaves are old under 700 watts which means it takes 10 minutes to pop popcorn. And forget about getting a non-smoking room. Most people just ignore the sign and smoke anyway. The rooms smell like a bar. This hotel doesn't deserve three stars. The Red Roof Inn on Shady Grove Road is better than this dump and it is only a 2 star hotel.

If you have no standards, by all means stay here. But if you expect basic cleanliness and comfort, you will need to look elsewhere. You have been warned.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this place. Head over to the SpringHill Suites.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. “MoreThanAWoman”, I do recall your last review with us. Trip Advisor had to remove it from their site because it violated the website’s guidelines due to the graphic inappropriate language that was used, including your offensive view on women in the work place. While you are certainly entitled to your views, a travel website is the not appropriate venue to express them. People come here it get travel hints. I’m so sorry you did not enjoy our newly renovated fitness center overlooking our pool area, the numerous restaurant options that are just steps away from our hotel via our free shuttle, our brand new flat panel 37” HDTVs with 60 channels via DirecTV, one of the countries most respected satellite companies and our many other amenities that keep our guests coming back again and again. Images of our hotel may be viewed by clicking on “hotel virtual tour” just below our hotel name on this site as well as on our own hotel site.

We are lucky to have a great team here, and our friendly service is mentioned in many of the reviews on this site. While, I’m sorry you were not pleased with us, we are proud of our high ranking by over 250 reviews here on TripAdvisor as it does speak volumes to the type of service we provide. We really are a hidden gem.

I understand that you book through Priceline. As you are not a fan of our hotel, you may want to consider booking through Priceline where you can actually select your hotel. Those prices, while still fair, are a little higher. If you choose to bid on a hotel where the prices is non-refundable, and are given our hotel again, please feel free to contact myself or the general manager. We will contact Priceline on your behalf to request they refund your money. I agree you should not stay at a hotel you do not enjoy. Thank you for returning the Washington, DC / Rockville area as we have so much to see and do in our great region.

Heredia, Heredia, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was very very limited i stayed over a week and it was practically always the same.

very good location close to restaurants malls and business center

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m so glad to hear you found our staff friendly and helpful. We really have a great team and it shows. I have to agree with you about our location … we really are close to everything. I hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle – it makes shopping, dining, attractions and business just steps away.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville.

Lancaster, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Excellent value. I wasn't expecting much and this hotel exceeded my expectations. Good size room, ample and good quality buffet breakfast. Free internet and parking. Overall, a pleasant stay for us with easy accessability to downtown DC via I-270 and George Washington Parkway.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We really are a hidden gem. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our great location with easy access to downtown DC. Because DC traffic can get crazy and parking is costly I hope you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle to the Metro that goes right into the city. Combined with our free parking, this gives us the idea location for those coming to see our nation’s capital.

tallahassee, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I liked NOT getting up-charged for everything. No garage, internet, fees, toothbrushes to buy. The staff was extra -friendly; hot breakfast was appreciated and this smoothly run hotel provided handouts on local shopping at 11 p.m. on New Years Eve. Wonderful beds and nicely done rooms. When in D.C., this is a great option.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We really are lucky to have such a great team here… people that really care about treating our guests… well, like guests. You don’t always see that these days. At the risk of tooting our own horn, we consider ourselves extremely ethical. Therefore, there is no reason to nickel and dime our guests. We feel that’s not way to run a business especially in the hospitality businesses. We pride ourselves on fair prices and great service – give our guests a great value. Thanks for noticing this.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The hotel stay this time was okay, although when we turned on TV could not get cable channels like HBO, which I figured was because we paid a cheaper rate.We have been staying here since daughter in school down here and have not received any discounts. They want you stay multiple times to get a discount.I think we will stay somewhere closer, just not worth it anymore.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

First thank you for your loyalty. We pride ourselves on giving exceptional guest service. Perhaps that is one reason we have so many repeat guests, including yourself, stay with us. I am so sorry there was an issue with your TV. We offer over 60 channels (including HBO) with over half of them in HD… all on HD flat panel TVs. This is an amenity we offer to ALL our guests. I don’t know what happened to the feed that went to your room that prevented this. Sometimes families ask that we block HBO when they have younger family members stay within with them. We currently have a system that we must turn these channels off manually. This will be updated with a new system this quarter. Perhaps that was the case and your TV was accidentally not turned back on. I have been here just over two years, and I have not heard of this happening before – I’m so sorry this happened to you. We are looking into this.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please contact me directly via this site when you have plans to return. I would very much like to be your single point of contact to be sure you receive the same quality of service that has kept you coming back in the past.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!