This is the second time I got stuck with the Best Western after bidding on Priceline. When I saw it pop up my heart sunk. I actually teared up when I saw I booked it. I hope I die in my sleep so I don't have to stay the whole week. This is a nightmare! I am writing a review because after staying here twice, I am tired of this place getting decent reviews and a star rating it doesn't deserve.
This place is awful. Dark halls. Filthy rooms. A stale stench permeating every inch of this place. Dreadful housekeeping knocking on doors @ 8 am. Dinging sheets that smell like body odor and smoke. BE sure to bring your Lysol and Febreeze. I always try to bid low because I know this a 3 star on Priceline for Rockville. Even though I got a decent rate, I am dreading checking in. I hope I don't get a pet room again. I told them I am allergic to cats, but alas they put me in a room that had a cat and I ended up @ urgent care. The breakfast isn't bad, but the food isn't cooked thoroughly. There is only one elevator for 9 floors of guests. The gym is old and not well situated. The restaurant never had regular hours and there is nothing nearby if you don't have a car. The satellite TV is virtually non-existent and they have yet to fix it. The fridges don't get cold and the microwaves are old under 700 watts which means it takes 10 minutes to pop popcorn. And forget about getting a non-smoking room. Most people just ignore the sign and smoke anyway. The rooms smell like a bar. This hotel doesn't deserve three stars. The Red Roof Inn on Shady Grove Road is better than this dump and it is only a 2 star hotel.
If you have no standards, by all means stay here. But if you expect basic cleanliness and comfort, you will need to look elsewhere. You have been warned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the greater Washington DC area, stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. With 164 non-smoking guest rooms and suites, our hotel welcomes you with gracious accommodations, fabulous amenities and a delicious hot breakfast daily. Our prime location is convenient for work and play in Rockville Maryland and is just 12 miles north of the greater Washington DC area, directly off I-270 also known as Maryland's Technology Corridor. Our hotel is near historical sites, lovely parks, major corporations, government agencies and family attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel Rockville
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Rockville Hotel
- Rockville Best Western