“A place I look forward to visiting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
vegwell
“A place I look forward to visiting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have a regular trip to NIH every 6 weeks and it really makes life simpler to know exactly where I will be staying. The Best Western Plus in Rockville has unbeatable prices for the area, but you don't feel like you are staying at any kind of budget hotel. Check in is simple, easy and friendly. The rooms that I have stayed in have been extremely clean and comfortable. The 37" TVs are a nice way to wind down, and the channel selection is good. I have never had any problems with noise or climate control. The hotel is very convenient to 270, but not right on 270. The breakfast buffet is above average. With free parking and free wifi, you can't beat the value.

Room Tip: For me, rooms near the elevators are preferred because I have some slight mobility issues. I never...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Great to have you back!

As you know we have a great relationship with NIH. Not only do we have a great rate for their travelers, we have a perfect location for those coming to visit the NIH campus. Less than two miles from the metro that goes right to NIH, you are only steps away via our complimentary shuttle. Combined with our free parking, makes us a great choice. As you mentioned, we offer all the amenities travelers are looking for: free full American breakfast buffet, free wi/fi, HDTV and so much more.

We look forward to seeing you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville .

434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Positive - very decent free hot breakfast, ample free parking, free wi-fi, good-size room, comfortable bed, refrigerator, microwave and safe in room.
Negative - the first room we were given had no heat. It was changed without a problem, and being very noise-sensitive I requested a room facing away from the highway. I was assured that the second room was not facing the highway, but pool-side. We took a quick look out the window, saw the pool and left. Returning at night we realized that pool-side WAS the highway side and noisy. In addition the refrigerator made a constant clicking sound, even when the compressor was not working, and the thermostat was way off, kept heating when it had reached the target temperature of 72. We figured out that it needed to be set to about 50 to maintain 72.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I’m glad you found our guest rooms comfortable and enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer. I have to agree with you, our ample free parking free wi/fi and comfortable rooms are a real Plus. As you can see from the many reviews here, you are not alone in your feedback regarding our free full American breakfast buffet. We really have become very well known for it.

I’m sorry for the oversight that you were giving a room overlooking the high way rather than the other side of the building. While we get virtually no noise complaints regarding the highway, I can fully understand your concern as you mentioned you are very noise-sensitive. I read your reviews from other hotels in our area that noise was a problem for you and as it seems you are a returning guest to our area, we want you to enjoy your next stay in Rockville. Therefore, please contact me directly via this website, so I may personally select a room for you that will provide everything you are looking for as an overnight guest.

Newport News, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night with our young children. It was a very pleasant stay. The hotel was very clean. The beds were really comfortable and the staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel was pretty full the night we stayed as they had a middle school group staying there for a trip to DC. Despite being busy, they brought up the crib we requested in less than 5 minutes! Also, knowing that the middle school group was there, they set up a seperate room for that group the next morning to eat breakfast in which I consider very thoughtful on the management's part because it left plenty of room for the rest of the guests to enjoy the breakfast. Breakfast was wonderful! Travelling with kids, we always look for a hotel with a breakfast and this was one of the best hotel breakfasts we've had. They had real eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, and french toast along with your standard assortment of cereals, make your own waffles, pastries, yogurt, granola. There was a lot to choose from! Also, the breakfast is set up in the restaurant so there are a lot of chairs and tables. Overall it was a great stay and if we travel to Rockville again we will be sure to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. While many consider us a corporate hotel, I’m sure you will agree were are the ideal hotel for families and as you saw on your stay, tour groups. We are very selective in which student tour companies we work with. We want the kids and the adults around them such as yourself to equally enjoy their stay. Thanks for noticing how we work hard to see that all guests have a great stay – from our youngest in need of a crib to our not so young like mom and dad that are looking for a good night’s sleep and a good value. I’m glad you enjoyed our bountiful full American breakfast buffett – I can’t tell you how many compliments we get a day on this free amenity.

We hope to see you again here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

As you enter the double doors of this Best Western Plus, you notice the modern decor and are greeted by the friendly front-desk staff.

Upon retiring to our room, which is a bit small and the bathroom quite cramped, we discovered that the heat was not working, nor was the phone to call the front desk.

We were assigned a new room on a different floor. Upon opening our drapes to let the morning sunlit in, I discovered a bunch of flies scattered all over the window and inside the drapes. I killed 26 of them...yes, I was counting...and there were still more coming out of the drapes. Totally GROSS!

I went down to the front desk and again, our room was changed. This third room seemed to be void of problems for the rest of our stay...thank goodness! I think if there would have been anything else, we would have been out of there!

The breakfast served at this hotel was excellent! The staff works hard to keep the chafing dishes filled. They contained: Scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage links, and pancakes or french toast. They also have a waffle machine. Cereals and oatmeal are another option, as well as different breads, muffins, yogurts, and fruit. The juices were not great and tasted like watered-down powder. Definitely hard to swallow.

Although we had a bad experience, the staff and management were eager to help correct the problem to make sure we were happy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for giving us your feedback. I’m glad you found our staff friendly and willing to go out of their way to see you enjoyed your staff. We really are lucky to have such a great team. Also, I’m glad you enjoyed our breakfast. We have become famous for our complimentary buffet breakfast. It’s a great way to start the day.

I am so sorry you had some challenges with rooms at check-in. Clearly that should not have happened and would like to thank you for taking the time to bring it to the front desk’s attention so we could rectify the situation while you were still in the hotel. This way you had the opportunity to see the décor and amenities our rooms have to offer. Next time you plan to be in the area, please contact me via this website so I may personally handle your reservation. I really want you to experience our hotel from start to finish in the manner that we have become famous for.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We wanted to sight see in DC but not pay the DC hotel prices. This was a great choice. We took advantage of the free shuttle to the metro station. We took the metro into DC instead of having to look for parking. The breakfast was nice. I enjoyed the waffles and the eggs were pretty good. The staff gave us a list of restaurants that were near by. We ate at the Rockville Town Center one of the nights. We had 2 connecting rooms and were very happy with both of them. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay while vising the capital.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind remarks. We really are a little hidden gem. As a native from the Washington, DC area, I could not be prouder of what our city has to offer. Sadly it can be pretty pricy in downtown, so many of our guests love our great location with complimentary shuttle to the Metro that takes them right downtown – all at a great price. Parking in DC is tricky, even for us “seasoned pros.” And, as you experienced, after a long day of touring it’s nice to relax and enjoy dinner at one of the numerous restaurants just minutes from us via our complimentary shuttle.

Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family stayed here for 4 nights and found the rooms clean and comfortable, and the staff outstanding. The breakfast buffet was excellent, and a value of $30-$40 a day for a family of four. The workout room is medium sized but well equipped and stocked with fresh towels and cold drinking water. The staff busted their tails to help us.

I travel quite a bit, and stay in high end hotels for business and "value" hotels when my family travels by car. This hotel was the perfect balance, and we will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I think you hit the nail on the head with your review. We do try our best to be the area leader in value and superior customer service. To be honest we have become well known for our incredibly friendly staff and our oversized complimentary hot full American breakfast buffet.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

The staff was great, but this hotel is dated, and to say it photographs well, is an understatement. We had window sills full of dead flies, but no mildew in the tub. They did serve breakfast, but it wasn't very good, the coffee was god awful. We were traveling with a baby, so we checked out early. The website had not been updated, I guess the restaurant changed hands, and they were not open as advertised. We expected to grab dinner there Sunday night...no go... Only open Monday through Friday. It's cheaper than surrounding hotels for a reason.

• Stayed October 2012
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. I will pass your comments about our great staff to our management team. We couldn’t be prouder of our team, and the countess compliments they receive. I would like to personally apologize that our website was not updated with our new restaurant hours. I am responsible for the website updates, and I feel horrible that my oversight caused you an inconvenience for your dinner... especially when travelling with a baby.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!