“Best Western Is A Nice Place, Wish I Had A Nice Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best Western Is A Nice Place, Wish I Had A Nice Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

As you enter the double doors of this Best Western Plus, you notice the modern decor and are greeted by the friendly front-desk staff.

Upon retiring to our room, which is a bit small and the bathroom quite cramped, we discovered that the heat was not working, nor was the phone to call the front desk.

We were assigned a new room on a different floor. Upon opening our drapes to let the morning sunlit in, I discovered a bunch of flies scattered all over the window and inside the drapes. I killed 26 of them...yes, I was counting...and there were still more coming out of the drapes. Totally GROSS!

I went down to the front desk and again, our room was changed. This third room seemed to be void of problems for the rest of our stay...thank goodness! I think if there would have been anything else, we would have been out of there!

The breakfast served at this hotel was excellent! The staff works hard to keep the chafing dishes filled. They contained: Scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage links, and pancakes or french toast. They also have a waffle machine. Cereals and oatmeal are another option, as well as different breads, muffins, yogurts, and fruit. The juices were not great and tasted like watered-down powder. Definitely hard to swallow.

Although we had a bad experience, the staff and management were eager to help correct the problem to make sure we were happy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for giving us your feedback. I’m glad you found our staff friendly and willing to go out of their way to see you enjoyed your staff. We really are lucky to have such a great team. Also, I’m glad you enjoyed our breakfast. We have become famous for our complimentary buffet breakfast. It’s a great way to start the day.

I am so sorry you had some challenges with rooms at check-in. Clearly that should not have happened and would like to thank you for taking the time to bring it to the front desk’s attention so we could rectify the situation while you were still in the hotel. This way you had the opportunity to see the décor and amenities our rooms have to offer. Next time you plan to be in the area, please contact me via this website so I may personally handle your reservation. I really want you to experience our hotel from start to finish in the manner that we have become famous for.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We wanted to sight see in DC but not pay the DC hotel prices. This was a great choice. We took advantage of the free shuttle to the metro station. We took the metro into DC instead of having to look for parking. The breakfast was nice. I enjoyed the waffles and the eggs were pretty good. The staff gave us a list of restaurants that were near by. We ate at the Rockville Town Center one of the nights. We had 2 connecting rooms and were very happy with both of them. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay while vising the capital.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind remarks. We really are a little hidden gem. As a native from the Washington, DC area, I could not be prouder of what our city has to offer. Sadly it can be pretty pricy in downtown, so many of our guests love our great location with complimentary shuttle to the Metro that takes them right downtown – all at a great price. Parking in DC is tricky, even for us “seasoned pros.” And, as you experienced, after a long day of touring it’s nice to relax and enjoy dinner at one of the numerous restaurants just minutes from us via our complimentary shuttle.

We hope to see you again here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville.

Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family stayed here for 4 nights and found the rooms clean and comfortable, and the staff outstanding. The breakfast buffet was excellent, and a value of $30-$40 a day for a family of four. The workout room is medium sized but well equipped and stocked with fresh towels and cold drinking water. The staff busted their tails to help us.

I travel quite a bit, and stay in high end hotels for business and "value" hotels when my family travels by car. This hotel was the perfect balance, and we will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I think you hit the nail on the head with your review. We do try our best to be the area leader in value and superior customer service. To be honest we have become well known for our incredibly friendly staff and our oversized complimentary hot full American breakfast buffet.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

The staff was great, but this hotel is dated, and to say it photographs well, is an understatement. We had window sills full of dead flies, but no mildew in the tub. They did serve breakfast, but it wasn't very good, the coffee was god awful. We were traveling with a baby, so we checked out early. The website had not been updated, I guess the restaurant changed hands, and they were not open as advertised. We expected to grab dinner there Sunday night...no go... Only open Monday through Friday. It's cheaper than surrounding hotels for a reason.

• Stayed October 2012
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. I will pass your comments about our great staff to our management team. We couldn’t be prouder of our team, and the countess compliments they receive. I would like to personally apologize that our website was not updated with our new restaurant hours. I am responsible for the website updates, and I feel horrible that my oversight caused you an inconvenience for your dinner... especially when travelling with a baby.

Waterford, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I checked into this hotel this evening. The room was quite warm so I turned on the AC unit. Several hours later the room is warmer than when I arrived. I attempted to call down to the Front Desk and repeatedly encountered a busy signal over and over again. I went down to the Front Desk to explain the situation. I was told that the hotel is sold out and there is no maintenance personnel working. They best they could suggest is I deal with it tonight and they try and figure out a solution tomorrow.

Obviously, this is unacceptable. I stayed here to be close to the metro to get into DC early in the morning and now I won't get a good night sleep. I won't make this mistake again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. As you can see from other posts on this site, you did not receive the same quality of service we have become known for… and for that I apologize. While I can understand your concern to return to a hotel where your stay did not meet your expectations, I would hope you would give us another chance and the opportunity to showcase our hotel with the service that keeps our guests coming back time and time again. Should you return the Rockville/ DC area, please contact me directly via this site, so I can not only personally oversee your reservation but be your single point of contact throughout your stay to be sure we not only meet your expectations… but exceed them.

Shelton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Extremely convienent open air parking for 27ft Penske Box Trucks. Josh Greaser the bartender / server was awesome! Try the personal pizzas - I was surprised at how good they were. Quiet & clean lobby and rooms. Easy access to route 270 & Rockville Pike. Many food choices within a mile. Very Good breakfast buffet included.

Room Tip: Stayed in 3 different rooms. All were good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
First… let me tell you I’m in 100% agreement with our pizza! It’s great!! I can’t tell you how many late nights our pizza and or wings have been my dinner. Most travelers are reluctant to try “hotel food” and many times with good cause. But believe it or not, we actually make the pizza ourselves right on site. I will pass your compliments to Josh, he really is very personable and we get countless compliments about him on a weekly basis. We are lucky to have such a great team here.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

When I read the raves about the free breakfast, I have to admit, I didn't believe it! But it was true and MORE! Real china, real coffee cups, real glasses for juice, real silverware and more. Fresh Scrambled eggs, not powdered, real bacon and sausage, delicious home fries, Danish, bagels, waffles, cereal, 4 kinds of juices,
Got to see it to believe it! Plus the hotel was great....only 10 minute drive for us to Bethesda. A+++++++

• Stayed October 2012
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks for your kind words… even if you were rather skeptical at first… haha. We really have become well known for our bountiful breakfast. It these challenging times, many hotels have cut back on their amenities… we have taken a different approach. We feel now is the time when travelers are really shopping for value. We are proud our hotel, the services we provide, our team and not to mention our more than fair pricing. I hope you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle to the metro. It’s less than 2 miles from the hotel… and the metro goes right into downtown Bethesda.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!