“Slightly disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Slightly disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

The staff was great, but this hotel is dated, and to say it photographs well, is an understatement. We had window sills full of dead flies, but no mildew in the tub. They did serve breakfast, but it wasn't very good, the coffee was god awful. We were traveling with a baby, so we checked out early. The website had not been updated, I guess the restaurant changed hands, and they were not open as advertised. We expected to grab dinner there Sunday night...no go... Only open Monday through Friday. It's cheaper than surrounding hotels for a reason.

• Stayed October 2012
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. I will pass your comments about our great staff to our management team. We couldn’t be prouder of our team, and the countess compliments they receive. I would like to personally apologize that our website was not updated with our new restaurant hours. I am responsible for the website updates, and I feel horrible that my oversight caused you an inconvenience for your dinner... especially when travelling with a baby.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Waterford, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I checked into this hotel this evening. The room was quite warm so I turned on the AC unit. Several hours later the room is warmer than when I arrived. I attempted to call down to the Front Desk and repeatedly encountered a busy signal over and over again. I went down to the Front Desk to explain the situation. I was told that the hotel is sold out and there is no maintenance personnel working. They best they could suggest is I deal with it tonight and they try and figure out a solution tomorrow.

Obviously, this is unacceptable. I stayed here to be close to the metro to get into DC early in the morning and now I won't get a good night sleep. I won't make this mistake again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. As you can see from other posts on this site, you did not receive the same quality of service we have become known for… and for that I apologize. While I can understand your concern to return to a hotel where your stay did not meet your expectations, I would hope you would give us another chance and the opportunity to showcase our hotel with the service that keeps our guests coming back time and time again. Should you return the Rockville/ DC area, please contact me directly via this site, so I can not only personally oversee your reservation but be your single point of contact throughout your stay to be sure we not only meet your expectations… but exceed them.

Shelton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Extremely convienent open air parking for 27ft Penske Box Trucks. Josh Greaser the bartender / server was awesome! Try the personal pizzas - I was surprised at how good they were. Quiet & clean lobby and rooms. Easy access to route 270 & Rockville Pike. Many food choices within a mile. Very Good breakfast buffet included.

Room Tip: Stayed in 3 different rooms. All were good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
First… let me tell you I’m in 100% agreement with our pizza! It’s great!! I can’t tell you how many late nights our pizza and or wings have been my dinner. Most travelers are reluctant to try “hotel food” and many times with good cause. But believe it or not, we actually make the pizza ourselves right on site. I will pass your compliments to Josh, he really is very personable and we get countless compliments about him on a weekly basis. We are lucky to have such a great team here.

We hope to see you again here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

When I read the raves about the free breakfast, I have to admit, I didn't believe it! But it was true and MORE! Real china, real coffee cups, real glasses for juice, real silverware and more. Fresh Scrambled eggs, not powdered, real bacon and sausage, delicious home fries, Danish, bagels, waffles, cereal, 4 kinds of juices,
Got to see it to believe it! Plus the hotel was great....only 10 minute drive for us to Bethesda. A+++++++

• Stayed October 2012
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks for your kind words… even if you were rather skeptical at first… haha. We really have become well known for our bountiful breakfast. It these challenging times, many hotels have cut back on their amenities… we have taken a different approach. We feel now is the time when travelers are really shopping for value. We are proud our hotel, the services we provide, our team and not to mention our more than fair pricing. I hope you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle to the metro. It’s less than 2 miles from the hotel… and the metro goes right into downtown Bethesda.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have been using this hotel for many years now and have utilized many of their facilities from parties to conferences to overnight stays, in our dealings with them we have seen polite courteous staff, rooms with the comfort of home and management that has been very easy to work with. I have yet to have any of my personnel come back to me with any issues. Also the FREE breakfast is always a plus. I know when I travel I look to Best Western first for just that reason, and that they are pet friendly. There are many reasons why I am pleased with their services, but I encourage you to stay and find yours.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We never get tired of hearing great feedback. While I’m always pleased to hear great feedback about the service and value that we provide to our guests … it always humbles me when we get such great feedback from our proud men and women in uniform that give so much of themselves for our country. To that I say, thank YOU for all YOUR service. We are glad we can play even a small part in the important roll you play.

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Best Western Plus Rockville is competitive with other local hotels on amenities, but very competitively priced. The free breakfast buffet is very good, and rare for the DC metro area. The hotel was clean and well maintained, and the staff is helpful. I have stayed there multiple times and it would always be my first choice for any business trip to Rockville.

Room Tip: Suggest an upper floor for quietness.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to share your positive experience with us. Hearing you have stayed with us before is the highest praise a hotel can be given – it speaks volumes. You are right about the DC area hotels limiting their breakfasts. We have become famous for our free full American breakfast buffet. I will share your comments about our team with our group. We are lucky to have a great team of people here – you can’t training someone to care about guest… someone either does or they don’t … and our team does.

We look forward to seeing yon on your next trip here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville.

Carrollton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel recently and it was very nice. The people at the front
desk were excellent and very helpful. The shuttle to the metro station was great. We did not have to drive for the 2 days we were there, just used the metro. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Excellent breakfast. Would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really do have a hidden jewel here. Smart move to not worry about driving while in an area you are not familiar. Between our shuttle to the metro, shopping and dining, it’s easy to take advantage of our free parking and see the city by metro. I agree, we have an excellent free breakfast … it’s the perfect way to start the day!

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!