“Huge bed!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
dundee
“Huge bed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is the hotel our tour operator chose for us to stay in whilst visiting Washington,it was a surprise to find it was located on the outskirts of Rockville which is a 30 minute Metro ride to Union station,the hotel provides a courtesy bus to and from the station at hourly intervals.The room was satisfactory with the bonus of a huge bed,it was great! The dining room/bar was pretty basic,however the busy barman more than made up for this with his friendly manner.The complimentary breakfast was ok.Disappointed that the bar closed at 10.00pm,apparently it used to be 10.30pm.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent. Stay many of our guests enjoy our location as it’s just 30 minutes from DC via metro and our complimentary shuttle. With prices that are often half the price (or more) of a downtown location, it really allows travelers to stretch their tour dollar. I will pass your kind words on to our Callaway’s (restaurant) staff. We listen to our guests’ feedback. As a matter of fact it was our guest that requested we be non-smoking. And it was our guests that asked for a restaurant, making Callaway’s a recent and well received addition to our family.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We had our wedding reception at Best Western Plus, Rockville, MD…and things couldn’t have been better! Ron Wallach, Kristi Pearce, and Tanisha all helped in making our day special.

It all started when we had a hiccup with our original reception location, one month before the wedding! Considering that we were planning our wedding while living in another state, this was definitely not good news for us. In a panic, I decided to give Best Western Plus a call…as it was close to the ceremony location. Well; Kristi Pearce, and Ron Wallach, were extremely nice and accommodating. They assured me that they did have a ballroom available, and that everything would just be fine. Well; tt was more than fine:

- They immediately reserved a block of rooms for our guests wanting to “take the elevator home” after the reception. Moreover; they were flexible in adding more rooms to the block, as more people opted to stay there. I’ve gotten nothing but good reports – from our families – about how courteous front desk was while making their reservations.

- The response times on all of my questions were second to none…sometimes before I even logged out of my email!

- The standard guest rooms were very comfortable, clean, and top notch! We were even upgraded to a suite on our wedding night…with complimentary Champagne (Thanks, Ron!)!

- The morning of the wedding, I decided to take a peek into the ballroom. The entire ballroom was beautifully arranged (even the dance floor…which was rented for us, by Kristi & Ron). Kristi had mentioned that they had renovated the room recently, and I was extremely pleased.

- Tanisha – the front desk supervisor – was superb! Anything we needed, she was able to handle. Every morning we came downstairs, she greeted us with a smile…her personality made me, and all of our guests, comfortable.

- During our reception; the staff was organized, and there weren’t any holes that needed to be filled. The open bar was awesome, and the servers were courteous!

- Because of the convenience of the hotel's location, all we had to do was hop on 270, and site-seeing was only minutes away. For the family members that flew in, they used the shuttle bus to take them to the metro.

I must say that the staff of the Best Western Plus, Rockville, MD, was like family. From upper management, to the Busboys…I can’t wait to visit them again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
That you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We really are a little hidden gem and I have to say weddings and social events really are our specialty. Kristi, on our team is an expert in wedding and meetings alike. We handle many weddings here at the hotel and understand that all details have to be perfect to make that special day special. While all wedding are different there is one thing we do for all our guests that book groups with us – and that’s to treat them like individuals and see that we create a memorable experience for them and their guests.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

As a frequent traveler, I have experienced varying levels of service and I can honestly say that I have never been treated better, even at twice the price!
I was attending a meeting and the night before decided to surprise one of my colleagues with a birthday cake. When I ask the desk staff if the hotel could provide one I learned that they did not have one. Instead of telling me, where to get one she told me no worries she would make sure we would have a cake at the meeting. I later learned that she took her personal car and went to a grocery store and purchased a cake. Talk about taking service to a new level!
My room was very clean and modern – I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I have to say we have a great team here. Perhaps that’s one of the things that make us the hidden gem of Rockville for those traveling to the Rockville/Washington, DC area. You may know that Best Western now offers BEST WESTERN, BEST WESTERN PLUS and BEST WESTERN PREMIER, three choices that offer you amenities and services that best fit your specific travel needs. As a PLUS hotel we like to say “We put the PLUS in PLUS"… giving that extra touch of personal service that keeps our guests coming back again and again I guess our free full American breakfast buffet, free shuttle and many other amenities don’t hurt either.

Pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Tanisha, I believe was the Front Desk Supervisor at this property and I was utterly disappointed with her service in addition to the General Managers service as well. Upon check out, I wanted to use an Travel Card to use towards my bill. I indicated this at check in and was advised to present the card upon check,out the following morning. However, she would note my folio. At check out I encountered a problem using the travel card. The original agent whom I thought provided excellent customer service, she wasn't familiar with how to use the travel card and requested for assistance. Tanisha, came over to finish the check out process as the other overlooked. That lady, front desk agent, wanted to learn how to to check a guest out using an travel card and was asking questions during the process. She began to ask questions while I was being checked out and Tanisha failed to acknowledge any of her questions and so she said, your moving too fast, please show me later. Then she proceeded to work with another guest in line. I advised Tanisha that the card must be redeemed through their Member Web, and then billed to Best Western direct bill, before she close out the folio. She indicated she knew this already. I was thinking I was helping more so than hampering. Tanisha later printed my receipt which she asked me to sign. I refused to sign because the receipt indicated that there was still a balance. She explained that there isn't a balance, but the receipt wouldn't reflect that. Therefore, I refused to sign it. I states that until I receive an receipt that says I have an ZERO balance, I would not sign. Tanisha's response to me was, "Fine then. Don't sign it. But that's your receipt. Have a good day." I said to her, "Oh no, we're not going to play that game, go get the manager." She states that the manager will say the same thing. I told her I didn't care, just go get him or her now, please. As she tried to further explain why my receipt had a balance, I refused to listen to anymore and I said, i'm not new to this. I'm a Best Western elite member and I know for a fact that this isn't correct. She goes on to explain to me how each property is owned an operated, therefore every hotels system operates differently. However, i'm no idiot. I'm very aware that each hotel is independently owned and operates, and i'm also aware of the fact that each hotel used different systems. However, it doesn't matter which system one hotel uses, every receipt should reflect the correct balance. No if and's or but's. So the manager then comes out from the back office with an attitude as well. He explains to me that I don't have an balance and this is my receipt.

This is what really disappointed me. I said to him, "I'm a Best Western Diamond Elite Member, and....." Before I could say anything else, he cut me off with a very disturbing response. "I don't care who you are or what your status is, this is your receipt, you don't have a balance, and you may either accept this or not. It's your choice, sir." I couldn't believe what I was hearing from this "MANAGER". YOU DON'T CARE... REALLY? Unbelievable! At this point I've already wasted 35 minutes at the front desk trying to check out and I advised them both, that I had a flight to catch within the next hour. That didn't seem to matter much because Tanisha said, yeah well he's fixing your bill. Finally after ten minutes, he emerges from the back office with a new receipt that still indicates I have a balance, however he included in the receipt that I did use an travel card as partial payment. Needless to say, my family and I did in fact miss our flight. This was an direct result of the negative customer service received at this property. Therefore, I don't see any future plans to ever visit this property again in the future. It's a real shame because as for the property, we really enjoyed it here, we were very comfortable in our room and I thought this place was very close to everything. It's such a shame.

• Stayed May 2012
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I’m glad you enjoyed our property and found our rooms to be very comfortable and close to everything. We do get rave reviews on our rooms, location and service. However, I’m so sorry that your enjoyable stay was overshadowed by some confusion at our front desk. I was shocked to read your comments. As you can see from the many of blogs on this site, we receive many positive comments about our staff as we really have a great team here. We take all feedback, both good and bad, seriously so we looked into this matter. Rest assured, your credit card was not charged the $100 that was paid by your travel card. You talked to our Front Office Manager and it seems that you may have misunderstood some of his statements. In addition it is my understanding you were rather agitated prior to reaching the front desk. No matter the reason for your agitation, I feel bad you feel you did not receive the outstanding guest service we are known for. I would like to discuss this with you personally. Please contact me directly though this website so we may discuss your concerns directly. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

gaithersburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Room with ample space. Very friendly and caring staff!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Response:

Thank you for your kind words. Ample room space, very friendly and caring staff, would definitely recommend this hotel – I think that really says it all. I will pass your words on to our staff. We have a great team, and we never get tired of getting great feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville.

Newcastle upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Good sized room. Comfy beds. Clean hotel. Microwave and fridge in room. Free buffet breakfast. In house pizza restaurant. Excellent courtesy shuttle bus. (Timetable from reception). Cost $5.25 for metro trip from Rockville to Washington DC (about 35 mins). Courtesy shuttle will drop off/pick up from Rockville station. Rockville main drag is lit up in the evening and has many shops, pubs and restaurants – would recommend Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - food excellent and beers first class. We were told by waiter in restaurant to be very careful NOT to leave the immediate main street area as it can be dangerous even in daylight.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have to agree our free shuttle to the metro makes getting to Washington, DC a breeze. Many of our guests tour DC using us at their base. Between our free parking, free full American breakfast buffet and so much more for less… it makes visiting DC a real value. I happen to be a fan of Gordon Bierch – so it’s always good to know locals pick the same places you have. We hope to see you again here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville.

Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I'll gladly confirm the excellent reviews of this Best Western - comfortable rooms, terrific breakfasts, most accommodating hotel staff, great location with shuttle service to Metro and nearby sights. But unlike most reviews, I'd like to comment on the honesty and integrity of the hotel staff and how it reflects on the entire Best Western chain. On departure I overlooked rather expensive electronics and clothing in a drawer. I called from Reagan Airport and the front desk and housekeeping staff jumped into action. The left items were quickly located and promptly forwarded to my home in Florida. It would have been easy for a lesser chain to claim it couldn't locate the items or delay sending them to me. Best Western Rockville is to be hightly complimented. It speaks well of Best Western overall and I very much appreciate the concern and cooperation. You know I'll be staying there the next time I'm in the area!

Room Tip: Book early. Best Western Rockville is a popular destination.