“Quiet Area Hotel + Family Environment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Quiet Area Hotel + Family Environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed for a week during Christmas. The hotel is in a quiet area but minutes from the city. There's a gas station in front of the hotel, the metro station, stores and restaurants are just minutes away. The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful, they really went out of their way to help us feel comfortable. The room was spacious and CLEAN, comfy bed, hot water, fridge, microwave, flat screen TV - everything you want when away from home. @ the lobby they have a TV, computers with Internet, coffee and water for tea. The complementary breakfast is very good with waffles, egg, toast, bagels, yogurt, fruits, etc. The shuttle service is good if you don't have transportation, we have a rental so we used the service for 1 day only. The exit for I-270 is just 1 min. away. The hotel is on exit 6B if you take exit 8 there's a mall call Washingtonian Center (Target, Kohl's, Macaroni Grill, etc.), Adventist Hospital. To the right on W. Montgomery Ave. and then a left on the second traffic light, then a right on shady grove there's a mall with (Panera, Jerrys Pizza and Subs, Krispy Cream, Game Stop, etc.) To the right on W. Montgomery Ave. and a right on the 3rd traffic light (Gude Dr.), left on N Frederick Rd there's McD, Wendys, cheaper gas stations, etc. and to right on the same street there's an Advance Auto Parts, supermarket and Papa Johns Pizza. We travel to Wisp to see some snow and to Hershey's Factory, for that you have to take the I-270 North. Washington, DC is just 15 min. from the hotel and we took I-270 South. The first day we took the metro @ $5.45ea., but the next days we park on the streets @ $2hr., but be careful, park near air and space museum not near Chinatown. There's a Seventh Day Adventist Church 5 min. away from the hotel on W. Montgomery Ave. Hope this help during your stay :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thank you for your kind words!

I think your comments really hit the nail on the head! You touched upon everything we strive to deliver to every guest, from our friendly staff to our numerous amenities and great location. I will certainly pass on your comments to our team members. We hope to see you back the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites soon. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed her for one night to avoid traffic for an early appt. in Rockville. The room you can see was newly renovated, overall nice and clean. A few things I noticed was the bathroom door wasn't replaced and just painted over and the vents were oldish. Quiet. The check in was quick. My only small complaint is the lobby, halls and elevator smelled "off" not bad but not good. Our room smelled fine. Would rocommend.

Room Tip: The standard king room was room and nice ammenities like a fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us to fellow travelers. I’m glad you notice our recently renovated sleeping rooms. With our new look, we really have been turning heads. From our HD panel TVs to our new bedding, we really do bring value to our guests and are glad to see our guests have notices our major enhancements. We look forward to seeing you back on your next visit to the Rockville/ Washington, DC area. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville

Detroit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We booked this hotel for a great price based upon reviews we had read on Trip Advisor. Check in went smoothly – we appreciated that the hotel staff was able to let us into our room early. As some previous reviewers have commented, the hotel is not a newly built property. That being said, we found our room to be updated and clean. We enjoyed a very comfortable king bed with tons of pillows, a flat screen television, and free wireless internet within our room. We were very happy with the breakfast and on-site gym facility. In general, the staff was pleasant and helpful. Of note, I forgot my cell phone charger at home and the woman at the front desk let me charge my phone on the hotel’s charger! My only complaint is pertaining to a hotel-wide water problem which required an emergency repair. A sign was posted that no water would be available from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, however, it was not disclosed that only cold water was available until the repair was completed. Ideally I would have appreciated a more timely repair, but at minimum, notice that only cold water was available and a credit to my bill. I mentioned this issue at the front desk and received an apology, but no credit was offered.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our renovated guest rooms and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We pride ourselves on our great team and I will pass your kind words on to them. As with any hotel that is open 24 hours 7 days a week year round, needed repairs are done when the least amount of guests are in house. Hence the hours of 10:00am – 4:00pm were selected for repair. We were told by the repair company that there would be no water and only intermediate cold water on a very limited basis. We chose to under promise and over deliver rather than promise a small amount of cold water only to annoy and confuse our guests. Again, thank you for your feedback and your understanding while we continue to build our hotel into an even better home away from home for our guests. .

Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Oh man, I'm usually not the type to point out the decline in quality of a hotel. If you provide good, helpful service, I'll happily turn my head from cracked tiles, crooked light switch plates, and other fussy little details. I want a clean, dog-friendly, air-conditioned room with a bedbug-free bed. That's all I ask for in so-called "amenities."

But let me tell you how fun it is to drive nine and a half hours with your spouse, your dog, and a trunk full of luggage to have the desk clerk look you in the eyes and say "If your dog is over 80 pounds, you can't stay here." Especially when you've already reserved a room.

First of all, my dog is not over 80 pounds, but that's not the issue. How about "Our hotel policy won't allow us to accept pets over 80 pounds" or something less directly rude? I won't even get into how stupid the weight limit policy is to begin with, so I'll just comment on this particular clerk's handling of the situation.

I ask "Can you put us close to an exit, please?" He responds "Certainly," and then puts us on the SIXTH floor and not at all close to an exit.

In light of these details, I start to notice that there's nothing else in the hotel that would help it stand out in a positive way. Sure, our room was relatively clean, air-conditioned, and bedbug free, but with that kind of service I would just as soon have stayed at an equally aging, friendlier serviced Red Roof Inn.

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay. I am so sorry you did not have a pleasant experience with us. We pride ourselves on being a pet friendly hotel. Not a day goes by I don’t see dogs walking through our lobby and hallways. As a pet owner myself, I know how important it is to not only be allowed to bring along four legged family members when traveling, but also feel welcomed while doing so. Your concerns have been sent to the proper management for corrective action. I hope you will give us another change to show you (and your pet) the type of service we are known for. Please contact me through this website, should you be coming back to the area, so I can be sure you receive our great guest service we are known for.

Gothenburg, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

It started bad when I wanted to change the check-in and check-out dates. I was put on hold and disconected multiple times. I finally managed to to get through and get the dates of check-in and check-out altered. I specifically asked for an email confirmation of this due to the problems, which i never recieved. Checked in late, and got up early for a meeting with my collegue. Turned out the carpet in his room was full of small (living) ants. We got no reaction at the desk when pointing this out other than theat they would attempt to vaccum as best they could upon our checkout... Breakfast was poor in standard. Overall an extremely bad experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We learn so much from our guests and take feedback very seriously. For example, many guests expressed interest in our hotel becoming a smoke free hotel… and we listened and now we are proud to say we are 100% smoke free. I’m so sorry you didn’t receive the service we pride ourselves on and our guests expect. As you can see based on other posts here, we truly do take care of our guests and give service that keeps people coming back again and again. Should your travels require to you to return to the area, please contact me directly through this site and I will see that you get the same service we have become famous for.

Happy New Year!

Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is an older hotel with upgrades. The beds are very comfortable (double beds), free internet, full hot breakfast, a mile or so away from shopping centers and food options; the rooms have a microwave and refrigerator and the customer service is SUPERB!!!! Staff members are very accommodating and friendly. Thanks Kristi and Joshua!!!

The only suggestion for the hotel is to upgrade the bathrooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you for your kind words. We really are a hidden gem. Without a doubt it’s our team that really makes our hotel that much more special. I will pass on your praise to Kristi and Josh. Also please follow up on facebook @bestwesternplusrockville. We look forward to seeing you at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suit on your next trip to the area.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I had stayed at a Best Western Plus in Alberta, Canada that was a newly constructed building. That was my first experience on a Best Western, period, and was duly impressed by the modern facilities, very new rooms and good price that I had told myself that I will seek out Best Western Pluses from now on.
So when I saw the positive reviews here I thought this wold be another one. I was disappointed as this one looked very shabby. It is in an old building that must have been rebranded to a BW Plus by adding free wireless internet or hot breakfast or whatever it is that makes it a plus but it sure does not feel like one. The doors to all the rooms close loudly even though you try to close the door slowly and you can hear everyone else closing theirs (sounded like banging even if it wasn't). While in the hallway you can hear someone's tv or their toilet flushing. The rooms are not brightly lit either. I mean there are lights and they are working but the official photos included on the tripadvisor page of this hotel is deceiving. Trust me, it's not that bright.
They're also proud of their breakfast but on my first breakfast there, a Sunday morning, the potato-green pepper-onion dish was very sad looking and was clearly yesterday's leftover. Monday morning that same dish had fresher ingredients. Tuesday morning it looked sad again and not as much as the day before. Wednesday morning it looked fresh again. No, I did not eat it, just opened the lid to check, hoping that they've changed it to something else.
The BW Plus I had stayed at before had freshly baked muffins made by the staff. The breakfast area, while not as big as the one in Rockville felt cleaner and not so sad. I think the ambience alone affects everything else that I wasn't too excited about the breakfast here. From now on I will check if it is a NEW building that houses the BW Plus. If it's not, I'm booking somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m so sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We work hard to be sure all our guests enjoy their time with us while visiting the Rockville, MD / Washington, DC area. We are proud to say we have built a strong loyal base of repeat travelers that really enjoy all we have to offer including amenities such as our complimentary full American breakfast buffet, shuttle to area restaurants, shopping and dining and high speed internet access to name a few. Other guest blogs here are a testament to that. However, it seems we missed the boat with your stay. If your travels bring you back to this area, please email via this site and we can be sure your get the same experience that bring so many of our guests back time and time again.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!