“Nice and clean hotel with a helpful staff !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Georges, Canada
“Nice and clean hotel with a helpful staff !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Good price, good hotel. We were there during the heat wave and they care about evrybody to ensure a good shuttle service making us to do not have to wait too long outside while waiting the shuttle.
Staff at the front desk were also helpfull and interested to help us for any question even if our english is not perfect.
We recomend that hotel whitout hesitation.
C Morin

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel and your stay with us. I will pass along your comments to our shuttle team… they really do care about all our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel quite a few times while visiting family in the Bethesda, MD area and it has been consistently good. The rooms are always clean, the bed comfortable and this time they had "clean remotes" for the TVs. That was a nice touch. The breakfast room is large and it is a full breakfast with eggs, meat, potatoes, cereal, waffles, breads and juice. Not too much in the way of fruit, but it is a generous buffet. The last time we were there everyone seemed to come down for breakfast at the same time and since the hotel was sold out that night, it was a lot of people at once. Some of the foods ran out, but the staff was really trying their best to keep up, so hard to get annoyed. The hotel is very convenient off I-270. We plan to stay here again next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Funny you should mention the “clean remotes,” as it’s such a small detail at our hotel. They are our newest arrival. Not only are they designed so they may be cleaned, but they are energy efficient and are in line with our new green approach. You might have also noticed the recycle bins in every guest room as well. We feel it’s crucial to set the standard when it comes to going green.

Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We just returned from a trip to the DC area and stayed at the Best Western Plus-Rockville three nights. Originally, we had planned to stay at another hotel in northern Maryland near friends for two nights, and then move to the Best Western for two nights. However, we were displeased with the first hotel, so I called the Best Western to find out if we could possibly lengthen our reservation and check in a day earlier. The customer service rep I spoke with was marvelous and got it all worked out for us. Thanks to her! Everyone I spoke with at the Best Western Plus-Rockville was very helpful and friendly. Great hospitality!!

The hotel was very clean, the room was nicely appointed with mini-fridge and microwave, and the laundry facility was convenient. My son also enjoyed the outdoor pool. Only complaint is that the pool closed very early at 8:00 p.m., so there wasn't much swimming time after a day of sight-seeing in the very hot temperatures and high humidity. A longer evening swim would have been heavenly!

The complimentary breakfast was very good, and even though there is no restaurant onsite for lunch and dinner, there are a couple of nearby shopping centers that offer a variety of restaurants and a grocery store. Easy drive if you have a car, or the shuttle will take you there. We took the shuttle to the Metro station, which was great going. Coming back, however, there were more people waiting for a ride back to the hotel than would fit in the van, so it resulted in a long wait for the shuttle to go back and forth several times. We finally just took a cab, because we were tired of waiting and wanted to get back to our room. The hotel may need a larger shuttle bus!!

We will definitely stay there again when we're in the area, and I've already recommended this hotel to friends. It's a superb hotel and a great value!

Room Tip: AAA members get an excellent discount. We got the best room rate by making a reservation directly th...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We never get tired of hearing how much our guests enjoy their stays. We truly do pride ourselves in giving superior guest service… and I’m glad to see that it shows. Everyone loves our hot full American breakfast buffet. It really gets the day off to a nice start. I’m sorry that you found our pool hours not as long as you like. Outdoor pool hours are mandated by the county. Our complimentary shuttle is a very popular amenity for our guests. We are seriously looking into a larger shuttle. Hopefully it will be here by your next visit. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed here twice, once at the end of October, and again in July.
For both of our visits, we found the rooms to be clean, spacious and very comfortable.
The breakfast buffet was excellent. Many hot choices to choose from, along with yogurt, fruit and cereal, making this buffet one of the most expansive complimentary breakfasts at a hotel chain.
The metro is approximately 5 miles away, and can easily be accessed by car, which we chose to do on our second trip. Be aware that the metro parking fee is approximately $5.00 (plus the cost of the card) and does not offer in/out privileges. There is free parking at the metro during the weekend. If you choose to use the hotel shuttle, we found it to be a wonderful convenience, and the shuttle driver was very friendly and punctual. The metro ride to the Smithsonian area of DC takes approximately 45 minutes. For the amount of savings we had by staying at this location, we didn't mind the 90 minute daily commute. However, you may want to check with the hotel about how late the shuttle will pick you up, when considering your departure from DC along with the commute time.
We did end up having some difficulty with our bill. The first was for an in room safe charge. Despite my asking the hotel to remove the charge, upon receiving the receipt, I noticed it was not. It took at least 20 minutes, and the assistance of the general manager, to rectify this charge. When I returned home and I checked my statement, I found that the charge had still not been removed.
A bigger problem was that I was charged for an additional night. This was also detected after checking my statement when I returned. After a call to the chain, I received an e-mail a few days later from the general manager stating that he would reverse the charge. This he did, and it has now been rectified on my statement. I am grateful that this was resolved, but it made for a few tense days and some skeptism about the Best Western Rockville's book keeping. I also noticed that I was again charged for the in room safe, and this credit was not included, for the night that we never stayed.
Overall, I found the Best Western Rockville met our needs and was pleasurable. I would, however, strongly suggest that you check your bill and don't leave the hotel until you are sure it is correct.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to request something that will make your stay more enjoyable. I've found mos...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms clean, spacious and comfortable and found our breakfast buffet to your liking. We get a lot of great feedback on those two points. I agree with you about taking advantage of our complimentary shuttle. It takes the stress out of navigating through a new city – even if it’s just for three miles. I was saddened to hear your concern in regards to removing the safe charge from your bill. It’s a very easy process. After doing some research, I learned it was a new associate at our front desk. That is no excuse, and I sincerely apologize. Our corporate travelers love our oversized in room safes, as they are large enough for a computer. However, many of our leisure guests have little need for this amenity, so we gladly take it off the bill when requested. I’m sorry about the additional night on your bill, and that it took some time to fix. I was glad to hear that when you contacted our general manager, it was quickly addressed at that time. As for your room tip, about checking your bill before departure, that’s a great tip all travelers should include in their travel routine! I hope travelers reading this will keep that in mind, no matter what hotel they select in any city. Again, thank you for your feedback, and not allowing the billing error to adversely affect what seems like a great stay at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me via email when your travel plans bring you back to the area, so I may personally make your reservation.

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Many hotels now have "governors" on the door that prevent them from slamming, and that would be a good thing if they installed them here. The hotel was noisy, but primarily because of the door slamming at all hours.

I am very concerned about cleanliness, and the hotel seems clean except for a big stain on the mattress cover, which may have been from something spilled from the nightside table instead of something sinister.

Breakfast was ok. Better than La Quinta's breakfast, certainly.

The shuttle to the Metro was on time and very nice. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly.

The noise was my only complaint.

If using the laundry on site, pay the $2 for wash and $2 for dry, but the hotel provides the detergent if you ask.

Room Tip: There are probably no rooms better than any other. The ice machines and elevators are remote enough...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It’s greatly appreciated. Funny you should mention our breakfast and shuttle service, as those are two of our amenities that our repeat guests tell us time and time again how much they enjoy. As you can see, other posts here point out our complimentary hot full American breakfast buffet as a true winner.

We take our noise levels very seriously. As you mentioned, the strategically placed ice machines and the design of our elevator landings and hallways eliminate unwanted noise. I was saddened to hear there were slamming doors during your stay. I researched our in house list, and in the days prior to the date of your review we did have a youth group in our hotel to experience Washington, DC. While this may have been the reason for the noise, there is no excuse and I apologize. It sounds like the positives outweighed the negative of your trip and I hope you will select us for your next visit to the area. If in the remote chance there should be a noise challenge again, please do alert us, and we will take immediate action.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The staff were wonderful and helpful. Our room was very clean. The shower head was one of the large ones so you got a great amount of water. There was a fridge and a microwave that we were able to use. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice. The only downfall of it was that it closed at 8 pm. When we came back from DC it was to late to use it. The breakfast buffet was one of the best that I have ever had. There were eggs, potatoes(home fries) bacon one day sausage 2 days. French toast 2 days. Make your own waffles. All kinds of breads, muffins and other pastry. They also had cereal, fruit and yogurt. You didn't need to leave hungry. Upon our departure it was really really hot and the manager gave us a couple of cold bottles of water for our trip. That really impressed us. It showed that they cared even though our stay with them was over. It was a overall wonderful experience. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We never get tired of hearing how much our guests loved their stays with us. We couldn’t be prouder of our staff. As you have met our general manger, you can see that we truly do care about our guests. Glad you enjoyed our breakfast… we get a lot of great feedback on it. It really starts the day off right for those traveling here for business or pleasure. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area. Please tell your friends about our hidden little gem.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We were there for the National Lacrosse Classic and it was a GREAT stay. The breakfast was great and they were very attentive. Great beds and the room was very comfortable. Only issue was length of time pool is open. Closing at 8 was a little early. Overall ...very pleased.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
We enjoyed having the National Lacrosse Classic stay at our hotel. What a great bunch of kids… and parents. We’re glad you had a great stay. I’m sorry about the pool hours. Our county has strict rules about how late pools can stay open.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!