“Nice place to stay !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Florida
“Nice place to stay !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2007

Just stayed here for a week in May while touring DC and area. I wanted a nice hotel, but didn't want to stay in DC and pay 200 a night. This hotel is located at the north end of Rockville on the Shady Grove exit off of I270. It's located at the end of Kings Farm Blvd, next to I270, you can see it from the Shady Grove exit. It's 6 months old and naturally in excellent condition. It's located 1.5 miles from the Metro, and they run a shuttle van to take you to the station if you need. It takes 45 mins on the Metro to get to Smithsonian stop in DC. We did not try their restaurant, there are many good eatery's in the area. I recommend Mama Lucia's if you like Italian. Its 3 miles away. There are restaurants and a supermarket 1 mile away, an easy walk.

They have a really nice fitness room, the ellipticals have TV's on them! The people tried hard to be helpful, and our stay was very pleasant. No problems with noise at night while sleeping, although hotel only looked half full during our stay.

If you are touring more than just DC, Gettyburg is less than 1 hours drive away.

All in all, a nice place to stay, I highly recommend it.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — clothes washer broke down..
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for one night in April 2007. The hotel is new and quite nice. I was upgraded to the club floor. I did not eat the hotel restaurant.

My stay was comfortable but I found that the rooms seemed rather small. You wouldn't want to stay here with a family as I don't think there would be room for a cot. The desk is overtop of the air conditioning unit and while doing work I bumped my knee a couple of times, so if you have long legs beware. The bathroom was nice but the king rooms only have showers. This wasn't a problem for me but while I was checking in there was a couple ahead of me trying to get moved to a double room which apparently have bathtubs.

The club lounge was small and right when you get off the elevator on the club floor. On the day I was there it wasn't very well stocked either in the evening or the next morning.

The hotel is in a new development which I'm sure has lots of potential. However at this point there is nothing around the hotel except for construction sites.

Overall, it was a nice hotel and I would stay again but only for business travel, not for leisure travel.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to the D.C. metro area and was a new hotel where we could use our Star Reward Points. The hotel staff were very friendly however, they were not very knowledgeable. They could not seem to explain our billing nor could they answer any questions regarding the D.C. area. The maid service was poor! The first night we stayed there they did not supply us with shampoo. The next day we ran out of toilet paper and had to ask for it! On our last night we came back to our room and there were NO towels, no coffee, no soap! It looked as though the maid had only made the bed. The bathroom vanity was never cleaned. The room is nice but rather small in size. It has a nice desk area for those traveling on business. The metro shuttle service was a disaster the last night we were there. We called them (as they suggested) while still in transit. The hotel clerk told me that the shuttle was already on its way and she would call him to ask to wait for us. When we arrived there was no shuttle. We waited 10 minutes and called and they said they would come and pick us up. Fifteen minutes later, no shuttle. We called again, and the shuttle service was still at the hotel. He finally came after we had waited a half an hour. When I had talked with a hotel staff prior to our stay I asked how long the metro ride would be to the D.C. mall area. She said, "about 20 minutes." Wrong! Plan on being on the metro longer than that. Also, they do have 1 vending washing machine and 1 vending dryer on the 3rd floor. I wouldn't plan on doing my laundry because not only do people hog up the machines, but the hotel is selling soap that is not supposed to be used for an energy efficient washing machine. The dryer only runs for a half an hour so you have to run it twice just to get your clothes dry.

• Liked — Newer hotel
  • Disliked — Maid service
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2007

This is a really nice, new hotel. Friendly and helpful staff, large room, very large desk area, flat screen television, adjacent to a residential area where its easy to run, free shuttle service. My experience was different from the previous reviewer regarding breakfast service -- I had in-room omelets with sundried tomatoes on side that were very good, and ready within 10-15 minutes two days in a row. I really liked staying here, and would stay here again. Only possible downside: the hotel is so new that you have to make sure that the room doors close completely behind you because the door mechanisms are stiff. But its easy enough to push a door shut once you realize what the deal is :-)

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Beverly Hills
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

Very poor breakfast service. Nice hotel though, new and clean.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2007

I usually stay at the relatively new Marriott Bethesda North which is close to my client in Rockville. Nice hotel but really overpriced. Tried the new Sheraton and was impressed. I'm not usually a Sheraton fan and was impressed with the room decor although room was on the small side, very spacious desk/work area, high speed connection, and very comfortable bed/bedding - very much like the Westin bed. All employees were helpful and courteous. Room service was extremely prompt and food very good. Great, large, flat screen TV mounted on the wall. My only complaint was the sound of the heating system. Was loud enough that when the fan kicked on, the TV volume had to be turned up.

Stayed February 2007
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2006

Hotel just opened a week ago, and 3 floors still under construction. Free shuttle transportation to nearby metro. Thai restaurant across the street. Very friendly staff. Room was quite, plasma tv, excellent bedding and bathroom. In lobby, cozy fireplace and bar area. Fitness center with several machines, and lap pool that will open soon. Free parking. At only $99 per night, it is a great deal.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sheraton Rockville Hotel? Share your experiences!