“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Singapore, Singapore
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

This is a lovely property , close to Washington DC. I stayed in this hotel for one night with a friend. The room I was given was very large with all facilitie such a coffee maker, shoe shiner, bath robe, wi-fi, LCD TV etc. Most importantly, the hotel is very well and neatly maintained.

We had dinner at the in-house restaurant below, the food was okay and not great. However, the ambience was good inside the small bar/restaurant. Wi-fi is free in the lobby and breakfast is served in the same area. There is a shopping and restaurant area very close to the complex with varied restaurants.

People who are planning for a trip to Washignton DC can stay in this hotel as this is close and the cost you pay in DC will be much higher and you may not get the same room quality either. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
HotelRockville, Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Thank you KSAS for you recent comments from your last stay at the Sheraton Rockville Hotel. I am so very happy that you enjoyed the large room, Starbucks coffee + maker, terry bath robes, wi-fi, HDTV and hotel in general. I am also very happy that you enjoyed the clean comfortable accommodations and the dinner at our King Far Bar & Grill.

Again, thank you for your positive feedback!

Sheraton Rockville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

The hotel has a nice entrance and the check in was a good experience. Dinner at the restaurant was good. The room had some issues. The first thing I noticed as I was typing on my computer was that there were quite a few ants walking around the table. Next thing I know I have two crawling on my hand. Normally I would have complained then but it was late and I wanted to sleep, not have someone spray my room. When I went to bed the first pillow I used smelled like someone had drooled on it and then the cleaner had sprayed it with febreze rather than change the sheets but the other pillow was fine. I explained that I was unhappy the next morning and they said they would add more points to my SPG number. Hopefully this actually happens as I love Sheraton in general and just think I got a bad cleaner as the rest of the hotel seemed nice. I still would hesitate to return even though it was in a great location.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you Brendan104 for your recent comments regarding your last stay with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed our smart curb appeal, the friendliness at check in and dinner at the King Farm Bar & Grill. Also thank you for letting us know about the ants in your room. We have hired a professional company to come in and treat our rooms as well as outside surroudings. This has eliminated future sightings and we will undergo an additional treatment again in March 2011.

Thank you for your feedback, we listen and act on all of our guests comments and suggestions.

Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

In D.C. for a conference. Could have stayed at the conference hotel for more than twice the Sheraton. Glad I didn't.

The location was easy, front desk very helpful, room one of the most comfortable I experienced and price a real value.

Highly recommend it to anyone!!

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2010
Hello adam08,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Rockville as your hotel of choice when you were at conference in Washington, D.C. I am very happy that you found the staff very helpful and the rooms in superb condition. We strive for excellent guest product and helpful guest service. Thanks again for your comments, we will see you next time when you travel to the Washington, D.C. area.

Thanks,
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

The room was comfortable and reasonably clean. It had a very comfortable bed and large desk for working. We were counting on the shuttle to the Shady Grove Metro station to get us downtown for a conference. However, it started running too late in the morning for us. ( If you need to get to the Metro early, check with the hotel in advance for alternate transportation or plan to do the 20-minute walk). More of a problem was the reliability and incorrect and contradictory information from the hotel staff about the pickup from the station. We were told that it has a regular pickup on the 1/2 hour. We waited at the station in the evening and when it didn't arrive as scheduled we tried to call the hotel. Amazingly there was no answer for about 20 minutes. The individual who finally answered said he would tell the driver to come immediately. We waited another 20 minutes, and called again. A different individual answered, knew nothing about our previous call and said he would contact the driver, who finally arrived about 10 minutes later. We were then told that there is no regular scheduled pickup time and the shuttle only goes in response to a call. We don't know if our experience is typical or a fluke but it was rather unpleasant.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Dear NJtravelers613,

I am so happy that you found your room accommodations superb. Our guests feel the same way about the clean and comfortable room as well as the oversized desk. I do apologize about the transportation issue your experienced on your last stay. I will make sure to revisit our shuttle procedures with our entire Guest Service team and Core Managers in an effort to maximize our communications. Again, thank you for your feedback, we are definitely listening and will make changes to our procedures.

Thanks again,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

When we arrived there the rooms that were previous booked was not available. Further, when we asked for the rooms that were adjoining and confirmed,James (with his rude self ) told us that they don't have adjoing rooms and that the original rooms we book does not exist. There were 3 adults and 3 kids. We were forced to stay in separate rooms. Not directly opposite but according to James "well it is in the vincinity". So since we were there for a wedding we decided to go to the rooms. e called James to see if we can get rooms directly opposite or next to. However, he abruptly said NO!. There was no apology for us! There was no let me see what we can do! There was no options for us what so ever. James was not helpful, was not professional, was not nice at all. I would not recommend this hotel to no one. I have told everyone I know not to go there. Further, Sunday morning we had another Lady who we showed out comfirmation number and booking reference and email that confrmed our original rooms and payment. She told us that Coporate office and the Sheration did not communicate with each other. But tell me Why do we have to pay the price for the screw up. Especially since we had and email with the rooms and confirmation on it. We even had the bride staying in the hotel and she said that James was rude and nasty to her. And that he did confirm on Thur that we were to stay in adjoing rooms opposite the bride. Not of these events happened. No I am sorry! No nothing! Terrible! I recommend that James be spoken to because you will continue to loose business.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
Dear Trinihotnspicy,

I apologize you were not given adjoining rooms as you have requested. Due to the limited number of adjoining rooms the hotel has (2 on each floor) - we can never guarantee adjoining rooms, but we can take the request. Everyday we print out the day's arrivals with everyone's requests. This would include: cribs, high floors, low floors, away from elevators, close to stairs, quiet room, room with a view, pet friendly room and adjoining rooms. When assigning arrivals we take all of these requests to heart and do our best to fullfill everyone's needs. I do apologize that our staff did not present themselves as the caring team members I know they are. I will share your comments with all of our managers and supervisors and use this as a training tool to emphasize "perception is reality".

Thank you again for bringing this matter to my attention.

Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

From the minute we checked in to the minute we checked out, our experience at this Sheraton was A+. The staff was attentive and helpful going out of there way to make sure our stay was perfect. We traveled with our kids and our parents and we all felt the same way.

The rooms were modern and clean. An indoor pool with an actual lifeguard, great computers in business center. I have stayed at many Sheraton across the country and this one ranks up near the top.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Dear KidWorkTravel,

I am so happy that you had a wonderful stay with us earlier in June. All of our team members strive for excellent customer service, and are eager to meet all of your needs. Thank you for the A+ grade on our service - it is truly appreciated.

We will see you next time you travel to the Washington, D.C./Maryland area.

Again, thank you for your comments!

Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

i have been there for ( 24 NIGHTS) .. v. long stay ... everything was good spaicially front desk guys , room was also comfortable .... but some of our clothes was stolen !!! ... we report that to the management .. here started the disaster they keep telling us its under investigation for 2 weeks ... very careless & agressive attitude from the management (assestant manager & general manager) they are not proffissional at all .. at the end they didnt solve our problem ..
I will not go back unless they change the management ...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Dear Adel36,

As it was discussed during your stay with us, we exhausted all of our resources in an effort to satisfy you and your family. I personally reviewed 36 hours of video tape to see if I could track the bag of clothes you state was missing. I also gave you the information to our Loss Prevention Department on several occassions to see if they could further assist you, but you refused.

At the Sheraton Rockville, we pride ourselves on clean guest rooms, superior service, and a friendly and safe environment. I wish that you had taken us up on the offer to contact the authorities, but again this was refused.

Should you have any other questions please feel free to contact me. I can still give you contact information for our Corporate Loss Prevention Department which can help you.

Milan Patnaik

Been to Sheraton Rockville Hotel? Share your experiences!