“Good hotel, very pleasant staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Germantown, Maryland
“Good hotel, very pleasant staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff on check in. The rooms are spacious, comfy and well designed, as well as quiet. The beds are very comfortable! There is a nice bar in the lobby, the Red Line Metro is nearby (and there are also nearby restaurants in King Farm if you take a stroll around) .

Room Tip: Get a room not facing 270
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear ecotait-

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Rockville! We are so happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our goal is to not only meet, but exceed our guests expectations. Please come again when you travel back to the Rockville/Gaithersburg area.
Safe Travels!

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Oak Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel was very quiet. It was a very nicely decorated room and friendly staff. I especially appreciated their "green" program that allowed me to forgo maid service for a $10 gift certificate at the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear BethBridgers-

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. Please do not hesitate to stay with us again when you are back in the area. We look forward to your next visit.

Safe Travels!
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I recently finished a stay at this property, and had a really good experience. The rooms are spacious, the bed was remarkable, and the bathroom was well appointed. Try to stay on the club floor (SPG Members) and take advantage of the free beverages, snacks and morning breakfast.

Since I travel so much for business, I didn't seek out too many other amenities that would be child or family friendly. On a side note, you have to travel off the beaten path for non-chain restaurants. I'll definitely plan on returning when in this market.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed here while celebrating my birthday in the Rockville area. It was quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the city. My room was clean and the bed was comfy. My favorite part of the stay was the indoor pool and hot tub. It was peaceful. My husband and I had the opportunity of enjoying some time alone in the hot tub and pool area so, that was a bonus. The front desk staff was pleasant and professional, and check in it was fast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel about 10x. Usually club floor - I'm a Starwood Gold Member. I have not been impressed w/ the check-in process - wide variance in quality of the associates. I have also not been impressed with the overall cleanliness of the property - particularly the common areas.

On the positive side, the exercise room is solid and breakfast on the club floor is pretty good. I know they are renovating, which is good. I might try it again after they renovate, but management should really look at the other areas I mentioned.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear KNBP,

First, I want to deeply apologize for the impression you had as you left our hotel. We value every guest who stays with us and want you to feel welcome and comfortable in our property. We aim to provide exceptional guest service and exceed your expectations. It is our goal that every guest’s journey with us leaves them feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

I would like to personally talk to you so together we can come up with a solution. It would be my pleasure to show you how much you are valued as a guest and Starwood Preferred Member. Please feel free to contact me directly at (stacy.smith@sheratonrockville.com) so that we can look further into your experience.

Best wishes and Happy New Year,

Stacy Smith
Ardsley, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel since we are starwood preferred members and are usually huge fans of Starwood.

What a disappointment!!

First we were woken up early in the morning by a generator which apparently gets recharged weekly for a half hour at 9 am. The room was actually shaking!!! Why 9 am and not during the day when people are not sleeping? And it is right above the top floor rooms - the club level rooms. What a way to treat your "frequent" and supposed "best" customers!

Then we go to the pool with our kids at 10 am and find out the pool is closed weekdays from 10 am - 5 pm. The front desk tells me that this is because it is not a "family hotel" but rather a business hotel. They had no problem taking my money when I told them we would be 2 adults 2 children. Lastly, the lounge had no water available so I had to go downstairs at night to get water that is usually provided to club level. And no fruit or snacks which are usually there throughout the day.

All in all a horribly disappointing experience.

I will stay at the Marriott Washingtonian Center from now on!!

Stayed December 2013
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
First, I want to deeply apologize for the impression you had as you left our hotel. I would like to clarify we are a family friendly hotel. We value every guest who stays with us and want you to feel welcome and comfortable in our property. We are communicating with the staff that you came in contact with to improve this impression. We aim to provide exceptional guest service and exceed your expectations. It is our goal that every guest’s journey with us leaves them feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. I see this was not your experience and I agree with your view of the level of service you have received.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

My wife and I decided to visit a friend last week during thanksgiving weekend. I picked this hotel based on its brand reputation and its location. Overall it’s a somewhat nice stay, but I left with mixed feeling about Sheraton afterward.

This hotel was undergoing renovation when we check-in. We stayed in Rm 310. The interior design firm was showcasing their design in the lobby, so I could tell the room just renovated. Our room and floor was clean and fresh. Bed was comfortable. Sheets and linens were clean. Since it’s holiday weekend, it’s dead quiet during our stay. Lots major office complex nearby, so I could not confirm it would be the case during regular weekday stay.

Bathroom was spotless and housekeeping did a really great job keeping it. However (here goes…), the design and the SAFETY of it was what got me really disappointed at Sheraton.

The toilet of our room was positioned so close to the wall and against its toilet paper holder, my wife and I had to (not joking) sit side-way on that toilet, and both of us are considering average in physical Asian size. I scratched that to poor design and didn’t make a fuss about it until the unbelievable thing happened.

The tub’s shower curtain rod fell on my while I was taking a bath and adjusting the curtain. The rod was not secured with an anchor inside the dry wall. So with a little force, it will get pulled out completely. I also found out that the tub’s faucet was not secure to the wall either. The whole faucet and shower head wobbled and moved while filling water in tub. Although the housekeeping showed up and fixed the rod shortly after I called it in, I don’t know how this room passed its safety inspection (if there is any), but clearly that bathroom is not safe for elderly or young children.

I showed the following picture I took about the rod to front desk staff when checking out next morning. The staff apologized sincerely and offered us free breakfast at their restaurant. We thankfully declined since we tried to beat the holiday traffic returning home. Then it hit us, a hotel like Sheraton doesn’t even offer complimentary breakfast?!

Huh, for the same rate, maybe we will stick with Best Western Plus next time.

Room Tip: Asking for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Max L-

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry you experienced a deficency in your guest room during your stay. We have resolved the issue and ensured the rod has been property re-installed.
It is always our goal to ensure our guest safety and satisfaction. Should I be able to assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Philip Smith, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Rockville Hotel? Share your experiences!