“Construction even on weekends” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 15 hotels in Rockville
New York City, New York
“Construction even on weekends”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel was doing construction on the floor above us during our entire weekend stay. All day Friday, Friday evening past 7pm, Saturday, Saturday evening. It didn't stop. Management was completely unhelpful. The manager on Friday night finally agreed that Friday night at 7:30 was a reasonable time o stop construction. We tried to speak to a manager again on Saturday around noon, but were told "there is no one in charge here until 3pm." (You can't make that up!). Once the Saturday afternoon manager showed up, his response in was: "We're renovating." (In case we didn't get it with every hammer pound). One elevator was being used for construction, so waits for the single remaining elevator could be 10 minutes plus. It's a Sheraton; I'm not expecting the Four Seasons, but what about a room that is habitable and management that is present?

Room Tip: Don't o until renovations are over.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

First, I want to deeply apologize for the impression you had as you left our hotel. Unfortunately the renovation team does work 7 days a week. We value every guest who stays with us and want you to feel welcome and comfortable in our property. We are communicating with the staff that you came in contact with to improve this impression. We aim to provide exceptional guest service and exceed your expectations. It is our goal that every guest’s journey with us leaves them feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. I see this was not your experience and I agree with your view of the level of service you have received.
I would like to personally talk to you so together we can come up with a solution. It would be my pleasure to show you how much you are valued as a guest. Please feel free to contact me directly at (stacy.smith@sheratonrockville.com) so that we can look further into your experience.

Warm wishes,

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
COLUMBUS OHIO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Assuming FedGov opens the doors of NIH again - parts of which are nearby - i DO intend to go back...this was simply the best of all the hotel experiences in the area - most of which have been memorable for being both overpriced and poorly run.

So - finding the place even with GPS isn't easy, especially off pf freeway, but hotel can't help that.
Checking in was easy, desk staff pleasant and helpful.
The rooms were well laid out, QUIET (insulated) and comfortable.
The beds/pillows lulled me to sleep in seconds and kept me asleep all teh way until the alarm went off...which at 5.30am I wasn't expecting. Really? Housekeeping can't switch off or reset alarms?
With my night's rest cut short I checked out wi-fi which was free, fast and multi-device - a nice touch.
The bathroom was well laid out too, plenty of hot water, spacious shower, no tub...and somebody had thoughtfully left me some strands of long. luxuriant auburn hair in the sink in hopes perhaps of distracting me from my bald pate? Annoying - means QA on housekeeping isn't up to much.....
Breakfast? Not exciting but what there was - was good, and approx. market priced, if not exactly value for money. Parking was surface and F.O.C.
Checkout was smooth & VERY professional... again kudos to front Desk.
Would I go again? Yes, I will! Can i recommend?? Compared to nearby properties, yes I can..as i have tried most if not all.
Oh and the exercise room was fantastically good.
Not the Ritz but 3.5 to 4 stars upscale. Nicely done!
Oh...priceline is preferable to rack rate.

Room Tip: Away from elevators are quieter
Dear Valued guest,

We are delighted you have enjoyed your experience. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences. We look forward to seeing you again. I have addressed the issue regarding alarm clocks.

Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed two nights on business. The hotel appeared to be well maintained. Pretty typical as far as Sheratons go. Room was clean and spacious. No problems with housekeeping. The only downside was the service in the lounge/restaurant was slow. That area appears to be understaffed, as same person was hostessing, bartending, serving, and catering to a large group all at the same time. She did her best, and remained friendly, but it did make for slow, service.

After a long day, I ordered a pizza from the restaurant. From what I could tell, it was nothing more than a frozen food-service pie, that could be described as unspectacular.

All that being said, I will likely return next time I am in the area. The friendly staff and convenient location outweigh the negatives.

Room Tip: Probably quieter facing the front of the building.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear valued guest, We are delighted you have enjoyed your experience and I do apologize for the F&B experience.

Next time please let me know the next time you are back at the hotel. I would like to provide a better f&b experience.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Warm regards,

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great location and wonderful people!! And Pet Friendly too! My husband has stayed here numerous times for business before but this was for a business/ pleasure trip. We were traveling with our puppy and the hotel staff could not have been any nicer! There was no extra charge for our puppy. Very professional and friendly staff! They had the exact room that we had requested and it was very very clean! Lots of walking areas nearby for people and dogs! We are definitely going to be back soon! Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013

Rockville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have in many hotels and never felt the need to express myself. This experience has been odd. I booked far in advance and booked 2 rooms so as to get at least one with 2 double beds of which I was assured of. When we get to our rooms my they we not doubles but king beds and they would not work for one room. Of course they were fully booked and could not be moved to another room. We also asked for mom smoking and one room is horrid.i have gagged the entire 3 days. Lastly we ate in the Lobby restaurant and the food was adequate, but we had a rude waiter(older inexperienced man) he messes up the entire drink order,they didnt have calamari which was one the menu yet still charged us for them...and then charged us $8.00 for a Shirley temple which is sprite with cherry juice. We ate in a Cheese Cake Factory the night before for $40 less and had 4 slices of cheesecake. So this whole adventure has been horrible..and I have never felt like I wanted to complain before. I don't care to stay in a Sheraton ever again,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Rockville. I would like to extend the sincerest apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. If you have any opportunity to give me a call so we can discuss and see how I can repair any disatisfaction from your recent stay. I hope to hear from you soon.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is far off from the downtown but in a nice neighborhood. Overall stay was good, but the cleanliness could never pass my standards - stain on the toilet bowl, sugar bits on the table and card, big ring left on the floor near the standing lamp, spider web at the corner. How could the room even be released in the first place?

What's more - missed housekeeping service even though I told the housekeeper to come back in the afternoon. At around 8pm when we returned to the room, called guest services to feedback since room waa not serviced, and was told that housekeeping is off duty (what? No personnel on night duty at 8pm plus?? On weekends). Well, traded off for towels but was sent wet feeling towels (gd thing the runner came with 2 sets).

On the same note - no mini refrigerator in this hotel~ do take note.

• Stayed August 2013
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences. We look forward to seeing you again. I would like to apologize for housekeeping experiences. If you would give me a call, I would like to see if there is an opportunity to repair the impression you have of the Sheraton Rockville.

Clarksburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This location was very good, customer service was excellent. Got a great price, but the walls were super thin. I have to say I didn't complain but we heard conversations on either side of us even at 3am! You would think at a name like Sheraton you would get more privacy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

If you have ever experience loud conversations at indecent hours please never hesitate on contacting our Guest services.We would like to ensure the quality of your stay.

Stacy Smith

Been to Sheraton Rockville Hotel? Share your experiences!