“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Wish to have everything at your finger tips and at a reasonable price? Want a place where the family can just get away from it all. Great for pleasure or business. Close to Shady Grove Metro with shuttle service to and from. Shuttle service also to local restaurants and mall. Knowledgeable staff and great customer service. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Bed was perfect and provides a good night sleep. Hotel is quite. No room to room noise on our floor 5. Club floor breakfast was crowded. The food was excellent. Bar service top shelf. Even the roll-a-way bed for our grandchild was perfect. Pool is an indoor lap pool. Don't expect large pool or fitness center.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I wanted to take the time to thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We look forward to your next visit..

Stacy Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I booked the hotel online and found it be much better than my expectations. The staff, including housekeeping, was friendly and helpful. All apsects of the hotel were clean and it was conveniently located in a safe area. Although the pool hours didn't meet my needs, I did have the opportunity to use the gym which was well equipped, clean, and well stocked. The eliptical I used didn't have the TV set up, however, everyone else's machines seemed to be working just fine. I liked the variety of equipment, although medicine balls would have been nice. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom set up with french doors was a bit strange but no real complaints. I appreciated the ability to recycle. The parking lot set up didn't have continuous handicap access... which I found strange and thankful that I wasn't a handicapped person that would then have to backtrack.

Room Tip: I overlooked the parking lot so... not that side
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

I wanted to take the time to thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We are delighted we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Yikes, one it is a business class hotel; secondly how ironic given it's notice in the rooms that they are committed to being "green."

Kudos to bar service staff, who responded to my late night room service request for Caesar's Salad with grilled chicken and a glass of white wine. Upon being informed the wine was not with the order, he promptly went downstairs personally and brought one to my room. I later learned he is the bartender in the lounge below.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the main road otherwise your room faces the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Montagnola, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Recently spent four nights at this Sheraton. It's nice enough, and a good value for the money, and I always find the Sheraton beds/linens to be highly sleep-worthy. Pros: efficient and friendly staff (especially Sara at the front desk), quiet location, good value, and easy (driving) access to anything you need. Cons: A little worn in places, smallish rooms, thin walls. We are long time SPG members and normally stay on the club level. The lounge at this location is a little bizarre--being set up in what is essentially the vestibule outside the elevators on the club floor. This makes it cramped, and highly trafficked, and it frequently has a service cart parked in either waiting for, or having recently emerged from, one of the elevators. The breakfast and hors d'oeuvres services were fine, the coffee machine fancy, and the fridge stocked, but I found the whole situation just a little off-putting. We'll likely stay here again, but it seemed worth mentioning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

I wanted to take the time to thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience.We will be undergoing a full renovation in September that will address many of the issues you encountered. We are 6 Sheraton's that are designed with the club lounge off of the elevator landing.

Basel, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed for two nights on a business trip. This Sheraton is below the usual Sheraton standard, and I have been a bit disappointed.
Staff is friendly, check-in etc smooth and swift. Room (2nd floor) as expected the style you always find in Sheratons.
Room for improvement:
- Dusty/dirty corners in bathroom; dead flies in the sink;
- Aircondition: cheap and very very loud wall units;
- Bedlinen, bedcovers, pillowcovers were not ironed, hence the bed looked like someone already slept in it. Never ever experienced something like this before - quite disgusting;
- Waterproblem in 3rd floor (my colleague had her room there): bucket standing in the corridor to catch the water which happily dripped down from the ceiling;
- Bad, yes: bad breakfast. Looked like in a youth hostel. Extremely limited choice, presented in an un-inviting fashion. Tables were not cleaned properly after a customer left. Had to sit with a dirty tablecloth covered with breadcrumbs from the guy before. Worst of all: plastic cutlery only....oh my goodness!!
- No minibar; 500 ml bottled water for 3 dollars.

Summary: ok for a night - but maybe you may try to find a better place in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

I wanted to take the time to thank you for your feedback from your recent stay as well as apologize for the negative experience you encountered during your stay with us. I am glad to inform you we will be undergoing a full renovation in September that will address many of the issues you encountered. I would be glad to further discuss this with you, you can contact my by email or on my direct line here at 240-912-8200. I look forward to hearing from you,

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had the experience of checking out this hotel whilst on a business trip and I'd love to be able to give it a 4 or 5 out of 5 but I can't.

The reception area and my room are amazing but then I made the mistake of stopping in at the onsite restaurant. All I can say is Z-.

From the waitress not being bothered about serving, the bar server more interested in messing around in the kitchen etc. it was a terrible experience. After a long day I don't want to be chasing after staff to order food and a beer, I want to feel relaxed as I eat my food. A good thing to note for anyone reading this from Sheraton, if a customer orders a Molten chocolate cake then deliver that. Don't have your serving staff deliver a cake that has just come out of the fridge.

Sad really as the hotel is lovely to stay in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. I would like to apologize for the issue with Room Service. Could you please give me or my Director of Operations, Luis Mantilla we would love to correct your image of our restaurant.

Best Wishes,

Saltillo, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed with our EF Smithsonian Student travel group and it was great. The rooms were nice and clean. The people were friendly and it was a great location to stay for a daily outings to Washington DC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am delighted the group enjoyed their stay and we look forward to seeing EF Smithsonian again.

Stacy Smith

Been to Sheraton Rockville Hotel? Share your experiences!