“The hotel is amazing, the onsite restaurant not so much” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Baltimore, Maryland
“The hotel is amazing, the onsite restaurant not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had the experience of checking out this hotel whilst on a business trip and I'd love to be able to give it a 4 or 5 out of 5 but I can't.

The reception area and my room are amazing but then I made the mistake of stopping in at the onsite restaurant. All I can say is Z-.

From the waitress not being bothered about serving, the bar server more interested in messing around in the kitchen etc. it was a terrible experience. After a long day I don't want to be chasing after staff to order food and a beer, I want to feel relaxed as I eat my food. A good thing to note for anyone reading this from Sheraton, if a customer orders a Molten chocolate cake then deliver that. Don't have your serving staff deliver a cake that has just come out of the fridge.

Sad really as the hotel is lovely to stay in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. I would like to apologize for the issue with Room Service. Could you please give me or my Director of Operations, Luis Mantilla we would love to correct your image of our restaurant.

Best Wishes,

Stacy Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Saltillo, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed with our EF Smithsonian Student travel group and it was great. The rooms were nice and clean. The people were friendly and it was a great location to stay for a daily outings to Washington DC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am delighted the group enjoyed their stay and we look forward to seeing EF Smithsonian again.

Red Bank, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This Sheraton meets all expectations. The lobby was basic but very "warm" and comfortable. I liked it. The rooms were average sized and the bathrooms were small. However, they were attractive and comfortable. I was surprised that the ventilation system was a cheap loud wall unit rather than central. My shower was hot, but weak pressure.

There is no dedicated club lounge. There are just chairs and tables outside of the elevator on the top floor. The services for it were acceptable. Sunday night had low occupancy, so slim food offerings in the club lounge. However what they had was good and appropriate for a Sunday night. The restaurant was great. The roll was some nasty frozen thing, however my crab cake entree was great. The bartender and drinks were good. I interacted with front desk staff and really enjoyed talking with them.

Overall this is a very nice, fairly new Sheraton with nice staff. The rooms are not huge, but comfortable. I would enjoy having the opportunity to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel is in its own little secluded area but close to everything! I stayed on the 5th floor Club Level and enjoyed the free breakfast and evening finger foods. I also liked that you could grab a soda or water at any time and they had a computer in the lounge. The only downside was the neighbor in the next room had the tv up so loud it sounded like it was in my room, so they must have thin walls. Staff was nice and room was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Rockville. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I just arrived home from a visit to Washington, DC and I can honestly say that it was wonderful staying at this hotel while visiting the city. The hotel itself is approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour from downtown DC, if one takes the METRO. The METRO is conveniently located a few minutes down the road from the Sheraton and the hotel provides a free shuttle, which is fantastic!

The hotel itself is in a very quiet, residential/business area of Rockville, right off the highway. The parking is free and right next to the hotel. Upon arrival, we were greeted with extremely kind hostesses and staff who were able to provide us with detailed information regarding the Metro, local restaurants and pretty much everything else we wanted to know. We quickly loaded up our suitcases and went up to our room. The room was very cozy and actually had french doors that lead to the bathroom (rather unique and fun). The bed was the most amazing bed I have EVER slept on in a hotel. The moment I laid down, I was out and I actually slept through the whole night which rarely ever happens, even when I am at home. The hotel was quiet, even though a large group of young soccer players were staying there. I admit that we were at first apprehensive about the noise that could keep us up all night, but as I said, the hotel was very quiet despite the large number of young kids.

The hotel does have a lovely restaurant and bar situated right near the lobby (access is through the main doors only). We did not eat here, just because we ate most of our meals in DC but I heard other guests make wonderful remarks about the quality of the food. The few meals we did have in Rockville were from the Rockville Town Square, a few miles away from the hotel (they have anything you could wish for!).

The one concern we had when we arrived was that our toilet would not flush. However, a few moments after we made a call to the front desk, a gentleman was there to fix it. It only took a few minutes and then it was perfect and they even cleaned up the toilet after they were done, even though it was perfectly clean when we arrived! I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The staff and accommodations were wonderful and the price was not too shabby either! We will definitely return here again in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the "Preferred Guest" floor (floor 4). I am not sure how the other rooms dif...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are delighted you enjoyed your accomodations and we look forward to seeing you again.

Gr8day4sun
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here for one night as I was traveling south. It was a good location, easily accessible from the highway. Free parking was much appreciated in this urban area. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The pool area was pretty small - not a place you'd sit around in - but there was a lifeguard and that was appreciated.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again! Thank you again for staying with the Sheraton Rockville.

Warm regards,

Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days over Memorial Day to visit relatives in the area and also to be able to hop into DC without having to drive our car into DC traffic. The hotel is relatively new, clean, quiet, with free parking (you'd pay $30 - $40/night for parking if staying in a DC hotel), big comfortable king beds, and a lounge/bar. The restaurant/lounge is small, but the breakfast menu had a small, but good selection. In fact, the breakfasts that we ordered were all hot and cooked to order, and surprisingly (for a small place) good and well prepared - kudos to the cook. The hotel shuttles you back and forth to the Metro stop about 1-1/2 mile away - its appx 35 minute ride into DC from the station. Great for day trips into DC. All of the staff that we encountered, from the front desk to housekeeping and dining to the bartender, were friendly and welcoming. We only got the names of the cheery front desk staff, Chirice and Vanessa, but guests should not forget the wallflowers who may not speak up much, but serve you at breakfast or are part of other chores that make or break the stay.

We will be returning.

• Stayed May 2013
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear accidentaltourist,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Also, for taking the time to remember the staff. It is truly appreciated. We are excited to have you for our guest. Thank you for becoming a loyal Sheraton guest when in the DC area.

Stacy Smith

Been to Sheraton Rockville Hotel? Share your experiences!