“Badly managed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 hotels in Rockville
New York City, New York
“Badly managed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Positive - fairly quiet, except for an annoying rumbling noise, very comfortable bed, free internet, large desk - although the AC is right under it. Friendly staff.

Negative - not enough housekeeping staff. We went out at 8 am, came back at 4 pm and the room was not made up yet. Also, they are short of towels. When we first got there we had 2 bath towels, nothing else. No hand towels, no wash cloths. The housekeeper in the hallway had to get them from another room, didn't have any more. Same thing the next day, trying to get a couple fo towels exchanged at least, with the not-made up room, the housekeeper did not have any, they were still in the drier. BUY MORE TOWELS!! Also, there was no shower cap provided in the room. No nightlight either, if you have to go to the batroom in the middle of the night you have ot tunr on the very bright full lights - and they shine into the room through the translucent doors. These are all things which could be fixed so easily to make it a more pleasant experience for guests.
The bathroom is not well designed - no locks on the door, a fair amount of space, but no counter space, no easily accessible towel racks. A tiny shelf in the shower (no tub), no room to put anything.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your recent stay. I would like to apologize that you had some dissatisfaction regarding the design of the hotel room and your room not being cleaned in a timely manner. Our housekeepers have until 5pm to clean all rooms. We gladly except special request. Shower caps are available upon request as well.

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted my staff was friendly and you enjoyed the Sheraton Suite Sleeper.

Great news, our hotel will start room renovations in September. Please come see the new Sheraton guest room.

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at Sharaton for 3 nights. We didn't plan in advance to stay here but by some circumstances we made a quick decision to sleep over here. We arrived quite late and were really pleased by very warm welcome. It was very quite in the room. We were never disturbed by other guests. I really don't know anything about gym, pool or SPA. It was an amazing place with a nice smell for us to get rest after tough days. The parking space is free and safe. There is a Shell gas station not so far from the hotel. There is a bank, "Safeway" grocery store, great wine gallery (we tried it) and Asian restaurant 5 minutes drive or less from the hotel. The Metro station "Rockville" isn't so far (but not a walking distance). There must be shuttle bus for sure. The breakfasts were very great. Eggs Benedict are yammy-yammy. The stuff was very attentive to our requests. I will say it's a great place to stay if you are in that area by business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Hotel was very clean, room was good size with a great bed. I need a firm mattress and this was one of the best hotel beds I've slept in. We were on Club level and my husband enjoyed the early continental breakfast that included eggs. Used pool 2 out of our 3 nights - maybe a little too warm for me but husband and daughter liked it. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I am delighted you and your family had a great stay! We look forward to seeing you again!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here for a night before a business meeting. The front desk was quick to check myself and my co-worker in. I'm a SPG Gold member, and this was the first time I've been upgraded to the Club level in ages. The 'variety of drinks' offered on the club level was a mini fridge with a few varieties of coke products and water, but still better than nothing. I certainly wouldn't have paid for the club level though. I missed breakfast entirely, but it was shut down in the Club level by 10.

The location is reasonably close to a few restaurants.

My room was nice. The giant monolithic wood desk felt a little dated, but no real complaints about it. Bed was comfortable, WiFi was free for all (yay!) and worked well enough, despite a so-so signal in my room. The bar had an OK beer selection, but a very friendly bartender.

I'm not sure what some of these reviewers were complaining about. I found the property to be clean and in good shape. We were told it was 6 years old which seemed about right.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued SPG member,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please come visit again, we will start renovations in Q3 and we would love for you to experience our club and more of what our hotel can provide.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you again!

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is a real disappointment. I am staying here right now and this place is just screaming for some renovations, a cleaning crew with industrial steam cleaners and new management.
The moment you pull up to the hotel you notice that the sliding doors are old and dirty. The welcome mat in front of the hotel is so worn that you can hardly see the Sheraton logo on it.
The front desk staff are trying very hard and are sweet and polite but you can tell they haven't been trained properly.
Carpeting throughout the hotel is old and stained.
There were some service items sitting on the floor by the room next to mine when I checked in yesterday afternoon. They were still there this morning.
I don't think I will ever stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I am hoping you are still our guest. We strive to provide exceptional service and a great place to stay. We are planning our renovations. We are in the process of getting our approval for our guest room package. Since we fell short of meeting your expectations, could you please give me a call to see if I can do anything to correct any short comings that are within my control.

Silver Spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

First of all, the staff from the leadership down to the bartender, had an aptitude for service that was out of the ballpark. Truly exceptional.

The setting was cozy and intimate.

The food delicious.

Pricing extraordinarily fair compared to other nearby properties.

No need to search much further. This is the hotel for you as they will do whatever is needed to make your event work.

Feel free to contact me for counsel.

Rich Moonblatt
rich@recruitcom.com

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon Mr. Moonblatt,

Thank you so much for choosing our location. It was a pleasure to work with you and I am delighted the event went well. We look forward to seeing you again.

alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nothing to write home about. Staff was nice, but the property needs a renovation. It's close to some government offices so if tht's why you're in the area, it's ok. There are plenty of nice restaurants in the area and the hotel will shuttle you there. The upside is the exercize room. Great equipment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Rockville. I am excited to inform you we are going through a renovation in Q4 2013. I hope to see you again. Also, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to your next visit!

Best Wishes,

Stacy Smith

Been to Sheraton Rockville Hotel? Share your experiences!