“High School Project?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Tel Aviv, Israel
“High School Project?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel looks like it was designed by student architects and managed by students.

The SPG lounge is in the elevator lobby of the 5th floor and is tiny and too trafficked as everyone has to walk through it to get to the rooms. Despite the guy who was there full time maintaining the place it seemed to constantly be messy from the high traffic.

Room had a vestibule that was enormous as if it was meant to be ADA compliant, but wasn't a handicapped room.

Pool was possibly the smallest hotel pool I have ever seen and open at odd hours (during the week only from 7am-10am and on the weekend only after 10am.

Overall, one of the stranger Sheratons I have visited.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear NYTA,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Also, I would like to thank you for being one of our most loyal SPG members. I apologize I did not get the opportunity to meet you. I was made aware of your concerns about the build of our hotel. We are one of 6 Sheraton's that are built this way. I apologize this did not meet your expectations from a build perspective. If you have anytime to give me a call, I would love the opportunity to speak with you, let you know about our up and coming renovations. I would like to repair any distaste that you might have regarding this hotel. I can’t change the design, but I would like the opportunity to assure you that our care and compassion is alive and well in my hotel.

Stacy Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I book several small meetings at this hotel yearly for one of my larger corporate accounts. I have a group staying there now that has required several minor changes, adjustments, etc. none of which were due to any error or oversight at the hotel. I spoke with both Matt and Cory at the front desk to handle my changes and questions and they are the best! Both of them helped meet my needs promptly and pleasantly. I will certainly suggest this hotel for all my corporate travelers to DC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear MarklynH,

Thank you so much very being our valued guest. Also, thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am extremely excited that our team has been flexible and accomodating to assist in all of your needs. We look forward to your next event.

Arnold, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked 2 rooms at the Sheraton Rockville in Rockville, MD. We did not check in until 8:00 pm, well after the time that rooms should be ready. Despite booking in advance with a request for a connecting room, we could not get a connecting room. At first, the hotel rooms were across the hall from one another, this was acceptable until we saw the rooms. At first the rooms looked clean. Then we pulled the comforter back and saw the bed riddled with food crumbs, hair, and food smears. This was in both rooms. The one bathroom was clean. However, the second bathroom had a pile of dirty towels, used soaps, hair on the ground, and even used toilet paper on the bathroom floor. This wasn't just dirty, but totally unsanitary. I went and told the manager. He said the rooms could be cleaned but that would take about an hour or we could move rooms which would be the faster option. We choose to move rooms. It was suppose to be faster, but an hour later and another trip to the front desk had us waiting until 9:00 pm and we still did not have clean rooms. I actually had to call Starwood corporate to get get any results. Finally we were given 2 new rooms on opposite ends of the floor. At that point, we just took the rooms. One room was clean...finally. The second room had an uncleaned bathroom AGAIN and more hair on the sheets. This time, the food service manager took charge to fix the problem immediately. Luis was a lifesaver and finally got the room cleaned and new bed sheets. He actually changed all of the bedding himself. The hotel was so disorganized, the rooms were only partially cleaned, and the hotel manager left alot to be desired. However, Luis the food service manager was competent and could teach the manager of the hotel a few things. I would bypass this hotel until they get their act together. Definately not the standard Starwood cleanliness and customer service I am used too. I frequently choose Starwood hotels because of their high standards and am a gold preferred Starwood member. However, this stay was disappointing to say the least. And, I do not think expecting a clean room at 8:00 pm at night is too much to ask for!!!

Room Tip: Check the bed sheets upon entering the room. We were told later that this is a pet friendly hotel...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear KV,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience during your last stay. I would love to speak with you if you have the time to give me a call. I hope the points my AGM purchased was sufficient compensation. This is not the expectation for any guest. I would like to see what I can do to repair your judgement of our hotel. Again, the is not the normal experience.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Brookville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I travel to the DC area six to ten times a year and vary where I stay. Up to this point, near the Mall in DC or in Arlington have been my two most favorite locations. I am adding this to the list for a couple of reasons. First, it was very affordable. I paid $67 per night plus taxes (which was about $150 for a two night stay). Parking was free since it is set about a mile off the main road. Second, the hotel itself was very nice. The room had a king size bed and was very clean and comfortable. I did not dine there (since there are so many very good restaurants in the area - why eat at the hotel?). Next, the staff was friendly and helpful. Lastly, though a bit of a distance - I am guessing nearly a mile but I may be wrong - the Metro is available. It took me about a half hour to drive into the city which took me through areas of Northern DC that I often miss seeing and are very nice.

If you are looking to save some money and don't mind driving a bit to go into the city, then this would be a very nice hotel for you to consider. It is a very safe and clean area - for those who may be intimidated by the more urban hotels located in the city. Also, there are many very good stores within a few miles of here - Barnes and Noble, Ross, Home Goods, and Sports Authority were some that I was happy to see. There is also a Starbucks about a half mile away located in a Safeway grocery store that did a fine job with my drinks.

Room Tip: Consider asking for a handicap accessible room. More space in the entry and bathroom. Yes, I know...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sal Paradise,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay. We are delighted you have a new favorite hotel. I hope to meet you on your next visit. We do have a shuttle that will take you 3 miles of hotel. We have an espresso machine that will take care of your Starbucks need as well.

Best Wishes,

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stay here frequently and really like the folks and accommodations. Where they utterly fail is the club level benefits. DO NOT PAY EXTRA FOR THIS! When I have stayed on multiple occasions, the club evening includes a small bowl of humus, 1/2 bag of crackers, 1 sliced cucumber and a handful of other cold veggies. It is reasonable to expect something warm or a spread consisting of more than $5.00 of food and beverage for an entire floor. If this is a problem due to occupancy, offer a voucher for the kitchen.....don't be cheap and lazy, it is very obvious. You will get the above mentioned and to choose from six neglected sodas (no water). I will come back (4/18 next visit), but want the owner and GM to know their club level service is a weak at best. If you don't want the club level, I would give it a 4, but right now it is barely a 3 if you reserve club.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello to you in Tampa,

I hope the weather is fabulous! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay. I want to let you know I take the feedback very seriously and we have acted on your comments.

I hope you will comeback and see the changes to our offerings and presentation in our club level.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Especially if you can get the rate I got ($64 AAA rate), this place is worth considering. The hotel is located in a new development just off of I-270 in Montgomery County. There's not much in the immediate area, but you're not far from shopping, dining, etc. Without traffic I drove from National Airport in about 25 minutes. In rush hour, plan on at least twice that amount of time. I noticed a hotel shuttle out front, but I'm not sure where it goes- perhaps to the Shady Grove Metro Station? The hotel seems fairly new. What I liked: free parking, free morning coffee in the lobby, a nicely equipped gym (next to a pool and jacuzzi room). What I didn't like: walls are thin and hearing next-dorr conversations (or other "activity" is easy), tv/cable system was on the fritz whereby with some channels you could hear only some of the sound. The club lounge was really inadequate- it's basically an unattended sitting area immediately in front of the elevator on the fifth floor (key card access to the floor). In the morning there was coffee, yogurt, three types of cereal, a bowl of mixed fruit (always questionable, in my opinion) and some unattractive bread offerings with a toaster. When I went there midday, I found a few cans of Coke products bobbling in a silver bowl of ice water and nothing else. Not sure what even "presentations" offered. The hotel staff was friendly and professional. The thin walls were my biggest issue, but for the price, I went in with more modest expectations anyway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello to you in Seattle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay. We do have a shuttle that goes to the Metro station and a 3 mile radius of the hotel.

I really appreciate your feedback regarding our offerings and we have acted on your comments and made some changes to presentation and quality products. I hope you will return to the area and experience the delightful changes.

Park City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

After giving birth to our daughter nearby, I was discharged but our daughter remained in the NICU. We wanted to be close to the hospital so we stayed several nights. We didn't get to enjoy the hotel much, thanks to the circumstances, but during our stay we relied on the staff a lot for assistance. Our room was very nice and we preferred a room with the shower only. The bed was fantastic, which is usually the case at a Starwood resort or hotel. We give it 4 out of 5 stars for some general housekeeping/general issues...fresh batteries for remote, accurate room clock, not fully replenishing towels, small closet hanging space, inadequate plugs in the right places. Our compliments go to the staff and manager who were very helpful to us during a very anxious time.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Good day to you in Arlington, VA,

Congrats from our family to yours. We are delighted we could accomodate your stay and make this stay a stress free stay. I totally understand the anxiety. We hope to see you soon. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Stacy Smith

Been to Sheraton Rockville Hotel? Share your experiences!