“Very good visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 hotels in Rockville
washington dc
“Very good visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I wished to attend an event at the Strathmore music hall in North Bethesda. I ended up choosing the Sheraton Rockville for my stay, and this was a good choice for me; it was about a 20-minute drive from hotel to hall.

Overall I was very pleased with the hotel. Check-in and check-out were both quick. The room was clean, comfortable, and had a good layout, especially for the desk. There was also free internet in the rooms (both wired and wireless) and in the lobby (wireless); it worked well. The bathroom was reasonably spacious and well-lit and one of the newer-style stall showers. The shower controls worked well and there seemed to be plenty of hot water. There was also a coffeemaker, coffee, and tea in the room. (No creamer, though.)

I was there over a weekend, and the surrounding area was pretty quiet; the hotel was surrounded by office buildings and high-rise residential condos. While I did not try the hotel restaurant, there is a good Thai restaurant (Thai Farm) a sort walk away. Slightly further away (either a moderate walk or a short drive) is strip mall with a Safeway grocery store, some chain restaurants and pubs, a coffee shop, and some specialty stores.

While I cannot call the hotel a "destination visit," I would recommend it highly to persons traveling to Rockville and nearby areas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and your visit to Strathmore. We hope to see you again. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Happy Holidays.

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cascade, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I had almost given up on the idea of staying overnight in the Rockville, MD area. Reviews of hotels there are almost universally negative and I was discouraged. Then, on a whim, I broadened my distance criteria and up popped the Sheraton Rockville. The reviews of this property are almost universally positive! It is located about 8 miles north of Rockville proper, and is very easy to reach from Route #270.

I checked in on December 14th for one night for a business appointment in the area. I was able to obtain an early check-in as requested. I chose the Club Floor, which has a lounge reserved for that floor and an elevator that requires a 5th floor room key to access the floor, a very secure feeling.

My room was very attractive, with great attention paid to small details, such as hardware and amenities, including Starbucks coffee and a good coffee maker. Although my room overlooked a major highway it was absolutely quiet and no hallway sounds could be detected. The heating and air conditioning were both operational and accurate. And that bed! It was large, tall and the most welcoming, comforting and comfortable bed I have found in any hotel. I climbed into it with pleasure out of it with regret! I had requested and received down pillows, which added to the sense of luxury.

I visited the lounge for the free continental breakfast the following morning, which was quite adequate. Especially welcome was the good orange juice and more of that Starbucks!

I had only two small quibbles - things that can happen anywhere: At check-in one if the terminals refused to register me, causing some delay and minor confusion - the other terminal had no problems. Also, my first set of key cards was faulty, causing more serious issues and almost causing me to be late for my appointment. I was given a new set which worked perfectly (and made the appointment on time).

There is a restaurant on the property, and room service is also offered. I did not try either.

The staff throughout the hotel, at all levels, was without exception polite, pleasant and helpful, adding immeasurably to my pleasure.

As always, when traveling, I am very mindful of the security and safety issues in any hotel. In the Sheraton Rockville I felt absolutely safe and secure, which for a woman traveling solo is of primary importance.

I can, without hesitation, recommend the Sheraton Rockville to anyone traveling in the area.

Room Tip: The Club floor - the 5th floor - is very secure, quiet and comfortable and offers free WiFi and a co...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for considering the Sheraton Rockville. We are delighted we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again.

Happy Holidays,

State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton 1 night and enjoyed it. I like the room decor. The padded headboard is a nice touch for a hotel, I think it blocks the noise of the neighboring room. I arrived late and check in was seamless. Although I did not go to the bar/lounge on this trip, it looked like a great place to relax. The beds were comfortable and the sunrise from the room pretty.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Happy Holidays.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I'm a long term SPG platinum member and have been staying in this hotel for business every week since 2009. I have a long commute to my work place but still there is a reason for my continuous stay at this property. This is one of the best hotel experience I had in the last 10 years of my business travel. I feel right at home.

My most positive experience is the customer service in the front office and the bar as they seem to go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure you have a pleasant experience. All the staffs I met are great and in particular Chirine Fettaty and Sara Torabian are certainly outstanding. Sara & Chirine's customer service really amaze me as they are always friendly, warm, professional, courteous, consistent and beyond excellence. I think they both went to a charm school.

The room is spacious and clean. I like the office friendly setup (there is a large desk) in the room and beds are comfortable.

There is a really nice bar area good for social gathering and attend wine tasting events and the staffs in the bar are simply superb.

My only concerns are 1) the Internet connection (both cabled and Wi-Fi) are little slow. I believe Wi-Fi is a new addition they started recently. 2) They don't provide microwave in the room and getting a fridge is difficult.

I certainly recommend this place to my coworkers, friends and family.

Thanks only again to Chirine and Sara.

Naren Gunaseelan

Room Tip: Club lounge is on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your recent stay. I am delighted that Sarah and Chirine exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Rockville MD,

Happy Holidays,

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My colleague and I chose the Sheraton Rockville because of the price--$159 plus tax pre-paid in full, compared to around $250 for other local hotels. It was a poor experience.

1. I arrived at 10:30 pm and was given the keys to a room on the Club Level (5th floor) which was nice and unexpected. But the room was used--bed not made, towels everywhere, garbage lying around. Down I went to the front desk where the friendly young woman told me they were sold out and I'd have to wait for housekeeping to make the room. I refused because of the late hour so she found me another room and, only when I asked, gave me a coupon for a free breakfast.

2. The 2 elevators arrive slowly during the busy early morning. They seem to be used by service staff too as 2 housekeepers emerged with a rolling laundry cart.

3. The breakfast situation was a fiasco. Small breakfast area. Tables uncleared. Short staffed. One of our party got a menu--2 didn't. Finally, management stepped in to help. Very generous portions.

In the hotel's favor, the staff is all very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear MelsmomNewJersey,

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences regarding your last stay. If you have any opportunity, would you please give the hotel a call regarding the issues you experienced?

I hope your Thanksgiving was a great one and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes,

san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here for business. The hotel is 1 mile from a Metro station and has a free shuttle to anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel. It takes about 20-25 minutes to get into Washington DC on the Metro. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are larger with down bedding, flat screen tv and a blow dryer. Showtime is free on the tv. There is a bar and one restaurant with reasonable prices, but the menu was limited for dinner. The breakfast menu was better and has a buffet if you are in a hurry. There are also complimentary WSJ newspapers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Good afternoon,

Happy Holidays. I would like to thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to provide feedback. I look forward to you returning and making Sheraton your home away from home.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I spend several nights a week, every week in different hotels. I continue to be impressed with the level of professional courtesy and support I receive at the Rockville Sheraton each and every time.
Brand new staff members, third shift employees as I walk to the exercise room, Victor and the room service staff - all of them really setting the bar for how you should be treated when you travel.
Kudo's to the management at the Rockville Sheraton, your team is doing a great job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Steve,

Thank you for choosing the Rockville Sheraton. I am extremely delighted to have gained your loyalty. I am the new GM and I would like to say hi your next visit? If you don't return before the new year, I wish you the best holiday season and will see you soon or next year.

Stacy Smith

Been to Sheraton Rockville Hotel? Share your experiences!