“Incredibly wonderful staffs” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Chicago, Illinois
“Incredibly wonderful staffs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I'm a long term SPG platinum member and have been staying in this hotel for business every week since 2009. I have a long commute to my work place but still there is a reason for my continuous stay at this property. This is one of the best hotel experience I had in the last 10 years of my business travel. I feel right at home.

My most positive experience is the customer service in the front office and the bar as they seem to go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure you have a pleasant experience. All the staffs I met are great and in particular Chirine Fettaty and Sara Torabian are certainly outstanding. Sara & Chirine's customer service really amaze me as they are always friendly, warm, professional, courteous, consistent and beyond excellence. I think they both went to a charm school.

The room is spacious and clean. I like the office friendly setup (there is a large desk) in the room and beds are comfortable.

There is a really nice bar area good for social gathering and attend wine tasting events and the staffs in the bar are simply superb.

My only concerns are 1) the Internet connection (both cabled and Wi-Fi) are little slow. I believe Wi-Fi is a new addition they started recently. 2) They don't provide microwave in the room and getting a fridge is difficult.

I certainly recommend this place to my coworkers, friends and family.

Thanks only again to Chirine and Sara.

Naren Gunaseelan

Room Tip: Club lounge is on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your recent stay. I am delighted that Sarah and Chirine exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Rockville MD,

Happy Holidays,

Stacy Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My colleague and I chose the Sheraton Rockville because of the price--$159 plus tax pre-paid in full, compared to around $250 for other local hotels. It was a poor experience.

1. I arrived at 10:30 pm and was given the keys to a room on the Club Level (5th floor) which was nice and unexpected. But the room was used--bed not made, towels everywhere, garbage lying around. Down I went to the front desk where the friendly young woman told me they were sold out and I'd have to wait for housekeeping to make the room. I refused because of the late hour so she found me another room and, only when I asked, gave me a coupon for a free breakfast.

2. The 2 elevators arrive slowly during the busy early morning. They seem to be used by service staff too as 2 housekeepers emerged with a rolling laundry cart.

3. The breakfast situation was a fiasco. Small breakfast area. Tables uncleared. Short staffed. One of our party got a menu--2 didn't. Finally, management stepped in to help. Very generous portions.

In the hotel's favor, the staff is all very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear MelsmomNewJersey,

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences regarding your last stay. If you have any opportunity, would you please give the hotel a call regarding the issues you experienced?

I hope your Thanksgiving was a great one and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes,

san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here for business. The hotel is 1 mile from a Metro station and has a free shuttle to anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel. It takes about 20-25 minutes to get into Washington DC on the Metro. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are larger with down bedding, flat screen tv and a blow dryer. Showtime is free on the tv. There is a bar and one restaurant with reasonable prices, but the menu was limited for dinner. The breakfast menu was better and has a buffet if you are in a hurry. There are also complimentary WSJ newspapers.

Good afternoon,

Happy Holidays. I would like to thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to provide feedback. I look forward to you returning and making Sheraton your home away from home.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I spend several nights a week, every week in different hotels. I continue to be impressed with the level of professional courtesy and support I receive at the Rockville Sheraton each and every time.
Brand new staff members, third shift employees as I walk to the exercise room, Victor and the room service staff - all of them really setting the bar for how you should be treated when you travel.
Kudo's to the management at the Rockville Sheraton, your team is doing a great job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Steve,

Thank you for choosing the Rockville Sheraton. I am extremely delighted to have gained your loyalty. I am the new GM and I would like to say hi your next visit? If you don't return before the new year, I wish you the best holiday season and will see you soon or next year.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for one night in November 2012 on business. My mom was with me so we had a room with two double beds and we both loved it. The bathroom was very clean, nice white tile, nice vanity area. The room had the largest desk I've ever seen in a hotel room, it literally went almost the entire width of the room. There was a large flat screen TV and a nice leather chair. There wasn't a closet but the room had a nice wood armoire to hang clothes in.

There was a nice bar area behind the lobby and there were signs up about wine tastings and other social events for guests.

The area is very new and there were lots of great restaurants nearby on Rockville Pike. It was roughly 30 minutes to downtown DC.

The other hotels in that area were close to $200. I thought this hotel was great for $149.

Dear Jenny,

Thank you so much for your stay. We ar delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes and Happy Holidays!

Bethesda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked 50 rooms for 3 nights in February for a local sporting event, and our organization was to receive a nominal rebate from the Sheraton Rockville. It's been over 8 months and we have yet to be paid. I have been given the run around over a measly $1300. I am a long term SPG member and we book their hotels all over North America. I am very disappointed that the property in my hometown is run by such unprofessional people.

I'm sure the rooms are nice, but for the price you are paying, I would suggest one of the Marriott properties in the RIO center a couple of miles away. Also, there will be a new hotel right in downtown Rockville opening within the year, so keep an eye out for that.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. As you and I have discussed in September, we needed and invoice and w9.. If you state that you have submitted over and over it wouldn't have taken you over a week to provide an invoice that should have been generated already. I am the new GM and I cannot say what happened or didn't happen. But I was clear with what documentation I needed. Thank you for eventually providing and your invoice has been submitted.

Our hotel is a great place to stay, with a great staff. Please come see for yourself and you will not be disappointed.

best wishes,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hurricane Sandy flooded my apartment and I had to find a place to stay fast! I live virtually right next door to this hotel and I'm a Starwoods member, so I thought why not?

First of all, they offered me a great rate in lieu of the flooding and said I could stay as long as I need to at that rate.

Check in was smooth and easy, the room is spacious, comfortable and very clean. The restaurant is pretty good for a hotel.

I'd highly recommend this hotel to someone wanting to come to see Washington DC. You're about a 45-minute metro ride from downtown, but you'll save a lot of $$ over downtown hotels and that should make up for it. Plus you can park your car here for free, which saves you anywhere from $25-$40 a night right there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Gina,

Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to seeing you again. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Best wishes,

Stacy Smith

Been to Sheraton Rockville Hotel? Share your experiences!