My colleague and I chose the Sheraton Rockville because of the price--$159 plus tax pre-paid in full, compared to around $250 for other local hotels. It was a poor experience.
1. I arrived at 10:30 pm and was given the keys to a room on the Club Level (5th floor) which was nice and unexpected. But the room was used--bed not made, towels everywhere, garbage lying around. Down I went to the front desk where the friendly young woman told me they were sold out and I'd have to wait for housekeeping to make the room. I refused because of the late hour so she found me another room and, only when I asked, gave me a coupon for a free breakfast.
2. The 2 elevators arrive slowly during the busy early morning. They seem to be used by service staff too as 2 housekeepers emerged with a rolling laundry cart.
3. The breakfast situation was a fiasco. Small breakfast area. Tables uncleared. Short staffed. One of our party got a menu--2 didn't. Finally, management stepped in to help. Very generous portions.
In the hotel's favor, the staff is all very friendly.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Rockville
- Rockville Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Rockville Hotel is part of the beautiful planned development of King Farm, surrounded by lovely bike and walking paths and minutes from the area's restaurants, boutiques & coffee shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Rockville Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.