“Great hotel choice! I will be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great hotel choice! I will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for one night in November 2012 on business. My mom was with me so we had a room with two double beds and we both loved it. The bathroom was very clean, nice white tile, nice vanity area. The room had the largest desk I've ever seen in a hotel room, it literally went almost the entire width of the room. There was a large flat screen TV and a nice leather chair. There wasn't a closet but the room had a nice wood armoire to hang clothes in.

There was a nice bar area behind the lobby and there were signs up about wine tastings and other social events for guests.

The area is very new and there were lots of great restaurants nearby on Rockville Pike. It was roughly 30 minutes to downtown DC.

The other hotels in that area were close to $200. I thought this hotel was great for $149.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Jenny,

Thank you so much for your stay. We ar delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes and Happy Holidays!

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bethesda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked 50 rooms for 3 nights in February for a local sporting event, and our organization was to receive a nominal rebate from the Sheraton Rockville. It's been over 8 months and we have yet to be paid. I have been given the run around over a measly $1300. I am a long term SPG member and we book their hotels all over North America. I am very disappointed that the property in my hometown is run by such unprofessional people.

I'm sure the rooms are nice, but for the price you are paying, I would suggest one of the Marriott properties in the RIO center a couple of miles away. Also, there will be a new hotel right in downtown Rockville opening within the year, so keep an eye out for that.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. As you and I have discussed in September, we needed and invoice and w9.. If you state that you have submitted over and over it wouldn't have taken you over a week to provide an invoice that should have been generated already. I am the new GM and I cannot say what happened or didn't happen. But I was clear with what documentation I needed. Thank you for eventually providing and your invoice has been submitted.

Our hotel is a great place to stay, with a great staff. Please come see for yourself and you will not be disappointed.

best wishes,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hurricane Sandy flooded my apartment and I had to find a place to stay fast! I live virtually right next door to this hotel and I'm a Starwoods member, so I thought why not?

First of all, they offered me a great rate in lieu of the flooding and said I could stay as long as I need to at that rate.

Check in was smooth and easy, the room is spacious, comfortable and very clean. The restaurant is pretty good for a hotel.

I'd highly recommend this hotel to someone wanting to come to see Washington DC. You're about a 45-minute metro ride from downtown, but you'll save a lot of $$ over downtown hotels and that should make up for it. Plus you can park your car here for free, which saves you anywhere from $25-$40 a night right there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Gina,

Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to seeing you again. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Best wishes,

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here overnight and was impressed with the room and service. Check in was a breeze, room was very clean, spacious, and comfortable. Dined in their restaurant for dinner and breakfast and were pleased with both meals. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear MS1024,

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to provide your comments regarding your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best Wishes,

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Recently stayed at the Sheraton Rockville hotel. Received a tremendous AAA Travel rate on-line for our weekend visit. Difficult to find? True...but it was worth finding! The hotel was very clean and quiet, although I suspect Monday thru Thursday is a different story. Our room was very clean upon check-in and freshened daily. Club Level was nice but could use a few more snacks and water throughout the day (they may scale back for the weekenders). Shuttle service was very good and you are located approximately two miles from the nearest DC Metro station which was convenient in getting in to the City to sightsee. Unfortunately, we did not try the restaurant. Although it may have been opened, we never saw anyone eatting there so we assumed it was closed. Few options around within walking distance for meals, i.e. Red Lobster, Five Guys, Burger King. However, within a few miles is a fabulous out-of-the-way seafood stop called Cameron's Seafood Market with very fresh seafood lunches and dinners to go. Rockville Towne Center and Washingtonian Center shopping and dining venues are close also. We would stay here again because of the cleanliness and quietness of the hotel.

Room Tip: Club floor near elevator provides a great room and close walk.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you Jo Anne for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Rockville/Gaithersburg. Our restaurant is open for Breakfast lunch and dinner. We have a great menu and a full bar that is open at dinner time. We have a variety of wine selections, cocktails and several types of beer on tap and bottled.

Stop by next time. Best wishes.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Wow! I was treated great. Hats off to Tarsha and Desta. They made me feel right at home!I have traveled around the world and have stayed in som amazing places and some not so amazing. The Sheraton ranks up there with the top places I would recommend. I will stay there again. Hope to see them during my next stay. Thanks again Tarsha and Desta

• Stayed June 2012
Hello Poncho,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure I pass on the kind remarks to Tarsha and Desta. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Nicely located for travelers visiting businesses in the area, the hotel is efficiently designed and has excellent, friendly service. The room was comfortable, the WIFI speedy and the area has a safe feel for early evening strolls. The hotel is pet friendly. We would not hesitate in returing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hi Lynn,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyeder your stay and service. We look forward to seeing you again.