“Wonderful, but be advised if you need a refrigerator” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Stamford, Connecticut
“Wonderful, but be advised if you need a refrigerator”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Delightful stay at the Sheraton. Nicely maintained. Clean. Nice location. Highly recommend it.

Be advised: I called ahead to reserve a fridge, and advised them of our late arrival. I was truly counting on having a fridge and had a number of items that required refrigeration. Upon arrival (6 pm), we were told there was a fridge in our room. Unfortunately this was not the case and the staff told us that the morning staff had made an error and gave out too many refrigerators. That didn't really appease us, especially since I reserved ahead. Ultimately they offered to store our items in a kitchen fridge. It meant we didn't have access to what we needed, though I did store one item in the Sheraton's fridge. When we picked up the item, upon checking out, 2 other people were similarly retrieving items from the Sheraton's fridge. While I can't say for sure that they encountered the same problem, the Sheraton apparently needs to have more refrigerators, and do a better job at planning for those who reserve a fridge in advance.

Otherwise, I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
NJA,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Your insight is valuable for our ongoing effort to accommodate our guests. By sharing your experience we have purchased several more refrigerators to keep up with the demand and I plan to purchase more next month. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again at the Rockville Sheraton.

Jon Sallinen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sagamihara, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

A pretty standard, solid Sheraton hotel property. Friendly front desk staff, restaurant and club floor breakfasts were pretty good, parking aplenty, location is just off of I-270/Shady Grove exit. Safeway and other cookie cutter shopping centers nearby. Rooms were spacious, but seems like they could have done more with the space. A lot of just empty space. Walls were kinda plain. But bed was comfortable, bathroom was great. Can't complain, will keep coming back - solid hotel in a strategic location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
BevMark,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We love our location and I am glad you enjoyed it as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon so you can get a great nights sleep on our wonderful beds.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Front desk Staff was very friendly and helpful, hotel was clean, modern and comfortable. No extra charge for pets.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Shawn 830,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad we were able to meet your needs and your pet's. Next time you need a place to stay in Rockville, we will look forward to seeing you at the Sheraton.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Slightly set away from the busier part of Rockville, Easy access to the highways, lovely front desk staff, nicely decorated open room, slow internet, no bathtub/shower only, no small room refrigerator. I didn't eat there, so I can't offer a food review. Overall, I'm satisfied and will stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Julia W,
Thank you for your review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Rockville. We did just have wireless internet installed throughout the property we are now in the process of upgrading the internet to a faster network. Also the majority of our rooms with two double beds have bathtub's, and currently we have refrigerators upon request that can be delivered to your room. With the amount of requests I have received for refrigerators we are going to be creating a new room type that can be reserved that will have a refrigerator when you arrive. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Celebration, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I would like to recognize the exceptional customer support team at the Sheraton Rockville, MD for their professional and courteous service. Ms. Landy Castillo, Front Office Manager, Ms.Chirine Fettaty and Ms. Sara Torabian, Front Desk Associates, were very helpful and went out of their way to make our stay a very pleasant and comfortable experience. Not only were they bright and cheerful when we checked in, but they answered all our questions, provided directions and maps, and spent significant time helping me and my party become familiar with the property and all it had to offer. Through all the questions Ms. Castillo, Ms. Fettaty and Ms.Torabian were cheerful and upbeat; they are very professional, patient and considerate and their positive energy was infectious.

In addition and just as helpful was Ms. Tarsha, loung bartender, and Jeanne who supports the 5th Floor Lounge. Both ladies, were equally kind and considerate to me and my friends. They made everyone in my group feel welcome. Also the breakfast crew (I am sorry I didn't get their names) were also very sensitive and concerned about our needs and requests.

In fact all of the service staff we encountered are excellent and efficient hospitality professionals and should be recognized for their considerable talents and positive can do attitude. As a Sheraton Professionals, they understand the value in creating a positive Starwood experience for the customer, and they apply their many talents to make all their customers feel welcome and at home. In my opinion,The Sheraton Rockville, MD service are excellent Sheraton professionals, and I appreciate their service. While the property is primarily a destination of business travelers and road warriors, If you wanted to be pampered and are in the Rockville, MD area, I would encourage to give this property a chance to spoil you.

Room Tip: rooms away from the elevator and ice machine are quiter
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
LucianLiPera,

Thank you very much for the many compliments you gave about our staff. We put a lot of time and effort into training our staff and it is very rewarding to hear how the hard work is paying off. We look forward to seeing you again next time you and your friends are in the area.

Stuart, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My Company uses Sheraton Rockville for employees coming in from out-of-town, and I look forward to every trip. The hotel is located just of off I-270 if you have a car, and close to Metro for riding, so it's easy to get around. The staff is wonderful -- very friendly and they go out of thier way to be helpful. The bar and restaurant area is small, but comfortable and inviting. The food is delicious! Most guests are business folk, but this trip I met several families in town for children's sporting events or sight-seeing. I used Enterprise Car Rental for the first time and they were so busy they couldn't pick me as promised. The hotel shuttle was right there to drop me off and picke me up. They really saved me a hassle.

Room Tip: If you qualify, request the Fifth Floor!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Guest 754,

Thank you for your review and giving a nice overview of the hotel. We have a great location regardless of the purpose of the trip. I am glad we were able to accomodate you with our complimentary shuttle. The shuttle travels in a 3 mile radius and it can be on your schedule from 7a-10:30p. Thank you and your company for the repeat business and make sure you stop and say hello during your next visit.

md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family (including 2 small dogs) stayed at the Sheraton this week while electricity was out in the area. We stayed in a room on the 5th floor which was quiet, spacious, and clean. The staff was friendly and quick to fix any issues (we ordered room service; one order was wrong, and they fixed it in no time flat).

Additionally - if you have pets, they don't require a payment; just a signing of a waiver (I believe there is a limit on the size of the pets, but can't recall what it is).

Overall - very pleased with the hotel and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MD_TravellerMD,

I want to thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay. I apologize the room service order was not correct the first time around but I am glad we made an efficient recovery. Our Pet Policy is we do accept small dogs under the weight of 50 pounds and the maximum of two dogs to a room. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Rockville as your second home while your power was out. We will look forward to seeing you again after the next power outage.

Jon Sallinen

Been to Sheraton Rockville Hotel? Share your experiences!