“Excellence Every time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Rockville, Maryland
“Excellence Every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stay several nights at the Sheraton Rockville Hotel every couple of weeks, and have since December 2011. They make me feel like i'm home. I feel welcome, the service is always fantastic, when I order room service, the food is always delicious. The exercise room is always clean, the people who work there are always friendly and always go out of their way to make me feel comfortable.
And I stay here often enough to over hear other guests and they say the same thing, so it's clearly not me, it's just how things are done at the Sheraton Rockville. They have set a very high standard of quality service. In particular, room service for dinner, Victor will come up and make you feel like family. He takes that high standard to a whole new level.

Room Tip: Just show up. They will always give you a great room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight your visits. I am pleased that we are able to not only meet your needs but exceed them on a consistent basis. I appreciate you also highlighting Victor in room service with his exceptional service that he offers. We look forward to seeing you again soon and during your next visit please join us for our Social Hour from 6-7 to try some delicous wines and pairings. We also now have complimentary wireless throughout the hotel.

Regards,

Jon Sallinen

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have stayed at the Sheraton over 30 times while traveling back and forth to the VA/DC/MD area for business.

There are several critical factors I take into consideration when evaluating a hotel:
1. Service: excellent customer service is paramount. Everything from having to change a night’s stay to forgetting my toothbrush hangs in the balance when I am away from home and at the mercy of the staff that is servicing my needs. Sarra, Chirine and many others always greet me with a smile when I arrive, Melody handles all of my needs from a management perspective; all the employees from the stellar gentlemen that are always on staff at breakfast to the lovely bar staff at night; they rank higher than the other hotels in the area.
2. Cleanliness: The room is always clean and tidy, fresh smelling sheets and a tidy bathroom are always found.
3. Value: It is difficult to pay more to stay at the neighboring hotels when the service is not as good.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Thank you for passing along your feedback from your frequent stays here at Rockville Sheraton. I am very proud to have a wonderful staff and take much pride in a clean hotel. I am glad we have been able to exceed your needs on a regular basis. Your next trip to the Sheraton Rockville you will experience our new complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Also please join us at our new "Social Hour" which takes place Tuesday-Saturday from 6p-7p featuring a selection of Wine Spectator 85 + point wines, served in Riedel wine glasses. We offer (2) 2ounce tastings for $5. To compliment the full experience we offer a variety of tasting plates for $3. Thank you for your loyal business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Moving Target
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I've been staying here for a few years now as a business traveller and I can report that the quality of service is always top-notch, the efficiency high, and that 'real' attention is paid to needs and concerns. Sara, Chirine, Louranne, Catherine, Vanessa, and all the front desk staff are extremely helpful and always cheerful -which can be quite nice after a long work day.

The bartender Latarsha is top-notch and highly concerned with the quality of the refreshments ;)

The dining staff, Mr D and Mr C as well as Jenni are quick efficient and always willing to take minor alterations or suggest alternative meal selections...

Sebastien has recently updated the menu and breakfast variety has exploded into many new treats including lox/sliced egg/bagel/cream cheese and eggs benedict.

Though there are bus groups that stay -they are well behaved and monitored, they're almost invisible :)

A great place with many additional dining options nearby, which the staff is ready to suggest.

Melody and Keitha and responsive to your needs in the sales department as well, make sure you say hello...

David.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
David,

Thank you very much for highlighting all the terrific employees we have here at the Sheraton Rockville. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Marina del Rey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have been visting the Shraton Rockville quite a few times and have always felt welcomed as home away from home. Lately, I have noticed staff rotating to different roles and great to see and talk to them about the hotel experience. In particular, I would like to mention Sebastien W (his personal attention and very courteous follow up to resolve my situation, and under his polite guidance the front desk service: with smile Chirine (room reservation issues) & Sara (billing special handling) ! The hotel has a great team of energetic & enthusiastic associates.

Service: the hotel staff is sensitive to the guest needs and quickly rectify situation reported to them

Room: The houskeeping staff does a great job maintaing the room and comfortable bed & linens!

Location: I have found the quite location and surrounding very relaxing yet just a few minutes drive to most of the conveniences.

Amenities: hotel room, lobby, conceirge lounge, fitness center, restaurant are maintained well to a good standard. The addition of Wireless service will add value for the guests.

Room Tip: If you prefer quite hotel setting after a busy work day, this Sheraton facility is good choice compa...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer your perception of our Great hotel and wonderful staff. I appreciate that you mentioned our new wireless internet that is currently being installed. Completion of this service should be very soon and we will be pleased to have wireless internet throughout our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I had an excellent experience at this hotel. The public areas and room were well-maintained and clean. The check-in and check-out was fast and the staff was appropriately friendly. In particular, receptionist Chirine Fettaty was very helpful and knew the area very well. The room was quiet all three nights and the bed was quite comfortable. The indoor pool with a life guard was an unexpected and welcome amenity. The gym is adequate but afforded a fine workout. The free headphones were a nice touch. I'll be back. It's a well-managed place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the excellent service that Chirine provided. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton Rockville. Next time you are in the area we will look forward to another visit.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

There are some good reviews of this hotel, but business travelers must be aware that this hotel will NOT suit your needs. Its in the middle of a suburban concrete oasis with no conveniet amenites in walking distance. There is no wireless internet access. I was in the hotel on government business and was told to use the land line and indeed there was a cable in the room. Unfortunately, it didnt function and there was no web access. I called the front desk and they said there was nothing they could do. Since I needed web access urgently for government business, I continued to try to communicate with the front desk. There was a single young man on duty who was not able to reach a manager or anyone to fix the "network which is down" He stated that there was nothing he could do. He was a kid with no backup. Clearly the hotel management is understaffing this facility with inexperienced poorly trained staff who are not responsive. For $80 maybe they could get away with this, but not for $224 of taxpayer dollars.

Check in was also a disaster. Clerk handling personal calls at the same time. Slow, inefficient.
Hallways and public areas were not clean. Service was not existent.

Given that the hotel price was $224 per night this is truly outrageous. An incredibly high priced hotel for terrible value. No web access, unclean conditions and poor service. Business travelers or anyone who has work that requires internet access should avoid this hotel. It was so miserable for our group that we have complained to the federal agency that booked us in this hotel

A weary business traveler.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a reaosnable view so it doesnt matter. Hotel is basically in a concrete hotel...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback with your most recent stay. I first want to apologize for not being able to meet your needs while in Rockville for work. During your stay at 11pm there was a thunderstorm that created a power surge and shorted the internet server. Unfortunately at that hour there was only support available via telephone and since we required a new server the support company was unable to rectify the problem until 9am the following morning. I wish we had a solution for the outage and I can empathize how frustrating it can be when you do not have internet access available to finish work. I also appreciate your observations on your first impressions with the front desk agent on their cell phone and cleanliness you observed. We will utilize your feedback in our constant training and effort to meet all of our guests needs. Whenever your travel plans bring you to the Rockville Area I encourage you to give us a second chance to see the improvements.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Checked into hotel in the early morning; friendly staff. Room was clean and functionable.

Need to have a vehicle or else use the hotel shuttle to Shady Grove metro(Red Line) to D.C-about 1.5 miles away;bus 63/66 is sporadic.

Quiet location and Kaiser Permanente clinic across the street. Safeway store nearby. Service was nice; Value was worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
I want to thank you for your review of the Sheraton Rockville. I am glad that the hotel and staff satisfied your needs with your most recent stay in Rockville. Our Hotel shuttle provides transportation to our guests in a 3 mile radius which includes access to many restaurants, grocery stores, shopping areas and the Metro. We look forward to seeing you again when your travel plans permit.

Been to Sheraton Rockville Hotel? Share your experiences!