“Improved - Addtional Owner” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #109 of 331 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Chinese
Derwood, Maryland
“Improved - Addtional Owner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

We go here because it's close to our house but it's never been a favorite. We were not in the mood for cooking and dishes after the three day weekend so decided to go th the Jade and Giant. Apparently now there is an additional owner (article in Washingtonian on the menu). The food turned out to be excellent, much better than in the past. Also the waitresses were new and both were very sweet and attentive. I had tofu and vegetables and chinese water cress - hubby had a fish dish. We also had tofu vegetable soup. We also got a free order of scallion pancakes. The menu is quite extensive and there is something for everyone. Hopefully they will keep up the good food and service. For now, it will be more than just the close by standby.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rockville, MD
“Good food but horrible services!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

The food is authentic indeed. However, the waitress services are not pleasant based on my experiences. Watch out for your bill. Mine was added up wrong twice. The place is small and its settings are way below average. They recently even promote cash payment and no receipt given to customers. This kind of tax-evasion behavior smells fishy to me. I will never dine at there again!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It isn't what it used to...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2007

It isn't what it used to be before new management, but I would rate China Jade as the #2 Chinese restaurant I've been to.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My local regular Chinese. Under new management lots of Chinese families on Sunday nights.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007