“Il Pizzico is Always Great” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Il Pizzico is Always Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We love this restaurant and have been regulars for years. This is an upscale Italian restaurant - definitely not your spaghetti and meatballs type, although they have a wonderful selection of pasta dishes. We always begin by sharing a watercress salad, which is consistently delicious. They also serve some nice bread with an amazingly good olive tapanade. Two of us enjoyed a fish special - this is pretty much our favorite "seafood restaurant" as well, often way out-doing the various regular seafood restaurants we go to. My mother-in-law ordered the ravioli stuffed with pistachio in cream sauce, which is amazingly good.

Don't be fooled by the name. Il Pizzico I am told translates as "The Pinch." Nothing to do with pizza, which they don't even serve.

In addition to great food, the service at Il Pizzico is excellent. Attentive. Friendly. The owner, Enzo, often walks around the restaurant asking diners how they are doing and inquiring about any needs. Enzo ordered our wine for us which is always appreciated as the wine list is all Italian wines, many of which I have am not familiar with.

Finally, the prices at Il Pizzico are quite reasonable. Entrees range from $14 to $24 generally. Wine prices are also reasonable.

I give Il Pizzico my highest recommendation.

Rockville, Maryland
“always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

we have been going to Pizzico since it first opened as a pizza joint and watched with pleasure as it grew. The food is always great and we have never had a bad meal. The decor has been upscaled and the entire experience is outstanding.

Rockville, Maryland
“Best Authentic Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am Italian and I live in the US but I travel to Italy 4 times a year. This is one of the very rare authentic Italian food restaurants in the DC area. Dining here is not cheap ( not excessively expensive either ) and it is at the level of the best Italian restaurants in Italy. I went several times and fish based food are my preferred.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, Maryland
“Best Italian Food Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had wanted to go here for years and finally got around to it this year. The food is incredible! I can't wait to go again.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hidden Gem - Great Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I dined at Il Pizzico with my parents after reading numerous rave reviews.

The food was excellent and I would put it up against many higher profile and more expensive Italian restaurants in the greater DC metro area (or Atlanta, where I live).

While the location and exterior are completely unassuming, the interior is warm and recently remodeled.

We had and thoroughly enjoyed:
- Scaloppine Alla Krizia (veal scaloppini with prosciutto ham, melted cheese and tomato sauce)
- Bucatini con pancetta e cipollina verde (homemade hollow thick spaghetti with pancetta, roasted scallions and peppery cream sauce)
- Filetto di Maiale al balsamico (roasted pork tenderloin on a bed of borlotti beans, roasted potatoes balsamic glace sauce)
- Desserts were amazing (chocolate mousse and creme brulee)

• Visited November 2013