“Same excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Amalfi Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 342 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Parklawn Drive
Ocean View, Delaware
“Same excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have not been here in several years because we left the area. WOW, everything is the same including the outstanding food & service. The white pizza as an appetizer was over the top super. Still as I remembered, the bolonaise pasta and salads superbly prepared and excellent. The wine menu needs some attention but overall fine.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Potomac, Maryland
“Real Food,Nice People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great Staff and excellent food...Get a daily SPECIAL ! This Restaurant has served the area for many decades We celebrate many family events there. EZ to Park.

Visited December 2012
“Would not come here again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

One of the worst places I have been. The reviews from others were good which is why I came here but it was some of the worst italian food I have had. I got the chicken parmesan. The chicken tasted like pure frying oil and the tomato sauc tasted like acid. I asked about it and the man told me they brine the chicken so its juicy, there was not one bit of juice in the chicken I had. Terrible. I am leaving this place with a stomach ache and like I ate straight from a deep fryer. Beware.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Excellent food, great staff - as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Every single time I have been to Amalfi, it is amazing. The food is delicious, authentic and worth every penny! My family has been going to Amalfi for over two decades and it is certainly a favorite! I recently went there with my family, we were a party of 17!! Despite having such a large party, the staff was more than accommodating and allowed us to split the checks. Everyone who works here is good natured, warm and welcoming. This is the real deal - family owned since the 70s, the recipes are incredible, everything made as you order.

They recently updated the restaurant with a new waiting area, a change of decor and freshly painted bathrooms. The restaurant is not fancy, it's comfortable, but still perfect for a date night or family dinner.

The white pizza with fontina cheese is to die for! The. Best. White. Pizza. Ever. If you go, you must get this appetizer! My husband almost always opts for his favorite entree - Chicken Alfredo with Linguine, and every time, the chicken is cooked to perfection, the pasta and sauce an amazing balance of rich creamy goodness! I had the Chef's Special Whole Flounder in herb butter with a side of linguine with a butter garlic sauce. Delicious!! We almost always finish the meal with a cappuccino! Yum!

When I asked my husband to describe Amalfi, he said, "Above outstanding!" Without a doubt, easily the best Italian food we have ever had anywhere. I recommend to everyone and will continue to do so.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Bellisimo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Absolutely delicious Italian food, appetizers, dinners, chicken, seafood and the white pizza is mouth watering...,The almond cakes, tarimusu, and cannoli are always fresh...the best food all around in a cozy atmosphere with attentive waiters.

• Visited December 2012