“Good but not frequently” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 334 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Doing business, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Rockville, Maryland
“Good but not frequently”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I like this place for the decor and for their milkshakes. They have some good salads, mini-burgers are ok, I like French fries. We tried some steak and quality of the meat was not always good. Quality of the service is variable. Like the juke-box and the ambiance.

Joe H, Manager at Silver Diner, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your detailed review! We are always looking to improve, so if you have any more information that can help us to share, please do! We hope to see you back again soon, thanks again.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Had a email for free entree + dessert. My wife needs to be gluten free. The menu for her was Terrific (they even had g/f beer). The waiters were topnotch, manager was terrific. Food was excellent. A memorable evening

Joe H, Manager at Silver Diner, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
This is wonderful to hear! We're so glad you celebrated with us, had a great experience, and found something for everyone in your group. We look forward to your next visit. Happy Birthday!
Denver
“Great food, terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We love trying out independently owned places when we travel, eating at the chains are no fun. We were visiting family and they took us to check out the Silver Diner, we loved it as soon as we pulled into the parking lot.
The menu has something for everyone from vegan to gluten free to organic to as greasy as you want. The fries were bland but everything else from the milkshakes to the burgers was excellent.
The only problem(s) we had was the complete disregard our server had for his patrons. We had to remind him of things several times, he walked by our food that was put up by the kitchen and left it sit there until we tracked him down and asked about it, we almost had to make the shakes ourselves, refills on other drinks don't exist, we waited a very long time to get the bill and finally had to ask another server to retrieve it and collect. I could go on but you get the idea and some of the other issues would take way too long to type.
It was very good though but if we decide to return again we'll probably just call it in and take it home so the horrible service doesn't hinder the excellent food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Joe H, Manager at Silver Diner, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Kip, thank you for the review! I am glad to hear that you loved the food, but I am sorry that you can't say the same for the service. If you are willing, please email me at jhowell@silverdiner.com so that I can learn more about your visit and see where I can help. Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you again soon!
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good breakfast brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Good food. Good atmosphere. I enjoyed the pancakes and eggs. It was crowded on Sunday. Good enough that I ate at the BWI airport location the next morning on my way out of town!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Oh I wish we had something like this near where I live!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Over New Years I traveled up to Maryland to visit friends. I was told that before I left we were going to the Silver Diner to get milkshakes and so we did at 2:00 a.m. New Years Day. All I can say is WOW! I loved this place. The decor was fun, funky, retro, and yet somehow not kitschy. The menu was amazing! It had all kinds of food including lots of healthy options which were clearly marked with the nutritional information listed. The prices were great and when the milk shakes came out I was amazed at the portions. Not only do you get the milkshake in a glass but the leftovers in the shaker as well! What a great way to start 2014!!

Here's their website: http://www.silverdiner.com/restaurants/rockville