“Good breakfast brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 333 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good breakfast brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Good food. Good atmosphere. I enjoyed the pancakes and eggs. It was crowded on Sunday. Good enough that I ate at the BWI airport location the next morning on my way out of town!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Oh I wish we had something like this near where I live!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Over New Years I traveled up to Maryland to visit friends. I was told that before I left we were going to the Silver Diner to get milkshakes and so we did at 2:00 a.m. New Years Day. All I can say is WOW! I loved this place. The decor was fun, funky, retro, and yet somehow not kitschy. The menu was amazing! It had all kinds of food including lots of healthy options which were clearly marked with the nutritional information listed. The prices were great and when the milk shakes came out I was amazed at the portions. Not only do you get the milkshake in a glass but the leftovers in the shaker as well! What a great way to start 2014!!

Here's their website: http://www.silverdiner.com/restaurants/rockville

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockville, Maryland
“Not typical...better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had family in from out of the country for the holidays and they wanted to have they "typical" American breakfast. We stopped in to the Silver Diner before a long day of last minute shopping before Christmas. Everyone at the table from our 6 year old niece to her grandma enjoyed everything. We appreciated the healthy options as well as some traditional favorites. I particularly enjoyed the Bison Huevos Rancheros...exceptional. Our dining experience was fairly priced which allowed us to spend that extra dollar on stocking stuffers. On a side note, the new location is great! The restaurant is clean, retro-modern and easily accessible. One of the best stops along the Rockville Pike for breakfast or any meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Going with the majority opinion here...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I see that quite a few people gave it the "four dot" rating, and I concur. The strong emphasis on "farm-to-table" in the menu was new to me; I had not been here in several years. It's definitely a solid, "you can't go wrong" choice to please a group with divergent tastes.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
burlington ontario
“Fun and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Bring your quarters to play the jukebox and slip into another era as you dine on delicious pancakes or waffles. We go for breakfast on the weekends. They have Gluten Free pancakes too which I order and fresh fruit options.

Visited November 2013