“Best Diner in Maryland” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 335 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Doing business, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
“Best Diner in Maryland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My daughter and I have been coming here faithfully for three years. Family friendly and fresh, tasty food. Family friendly AND they even have a small selection of alcoholic beverages. Anytime I have family or friends in town, I take them here!

Baltimore, Maryland, Usa
“Good Food Consistently”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have dined here a few times and every time the food has been great. We enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the friendly customer service. It is an excellent place for a quick bite to eat or a casual date night.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Bethesda, Maryland
“Does everything right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Ever since its overhaul and change from a 50's nostalgia joint to a modern-day green-thinking diner, this has been one of our favorite places to eat, and it never disappoints. Local sourcing, imaginative new menu items, and loyalty rewards are just some of its perks. The menu ranges from old-fashioned comfort dinners like the terrific Angus meatloaf - a thick slice served with genuine mashed potatoes, corn and fried onions - to vegan dishes made with black beans and quinoa. I love the coconut pancakes and the mushroom omelet, served with whole-wheat toast and strawberries. The coffee is always good, no matter what time you go there! and they dependably seat people with babies at the far side of the restaurant from adult parties, a real boon to those of us who like to eat in peace. Staff are always friendly and refills are prompt. You can't go wrong here.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Turkey Meatloaf!?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was in the area for work and met up with my friend... So I have him to thank for bringing me here... The atmosphere is awesome, the staff are friendly and helpful, we were seated and served quickly.

I had the chicken soup to start... it was amazing, the pasta shells were a great surprise!

For the main course I had the Turkey Meatloaf... Who would have thought you could turn Turkey into a Meatloaf! It too was simply amazing, the gravy and mashed potatoes, not to forget the veggies which were also seasoned to perfection!

The prices were very reasonable considering the high quality of the food.

I will most definitely eat here again when I'm in the area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Summerfield, North Carolina, United States
“Great Meat Loaf!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I visited the Silver Dinner for the first time today and had the Angus Meat Loaf. It was outstanding and came with mashed potatoes, corn and assorted vegetables. If you are in to healthy eating, this restaurant has numerous menu items for you. We plan on trying the breakfast tomorrow, as the selection looked great.

• Visited September 2013