“Delicious lunch. Attentive staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mykonos Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 356 Restaurants in Rockville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Marco Island, Florida
“Delicious lunch. Attentive staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I searched "near me now" and found I was near Mykonos Grill. I'd heard good things from others so popped in for lunch. It was a beautiful day so I ate outside. The staff was extremely sweet and recommended a wonderful shrimp dish. I left quite satisfied and will have to return.

Rockville
“Real deal Greek dining.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Have been here a few times. Food and service is always very good. Nice wine selection. Small place on a side street of the "main drag" aka Rockville Pike. Effectively covered sidewalk seating on busy (vehicle traffic) side street. Better than sitting inside on a nice day but nothing special in that regard.

Burlington, Vermont
“Excellent Greek Meal, Attentive Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

On a trip to visit my family in Bethesda, MD, we had an excellent meal at the Mykonos Grill:
-crisp Kalamarakia (fried squid),
-Garides Sagnaki (shrimp with tomatoes and feta cheese),
-Spanakopita (thin phyllo stuffed with spinach and feta cheese),
-Pantzaria (beet and garlic salad),
-Veggie Dolmades (stuffed grape leaves),
-Veggie Imam Baldi (stuffed eggplants), and
-Swordfish steak with veggies).
My main course was the beet and garlic salad, which was just delightful. When I return to the
DC area to visit my family, I'd love to eat at the Mkonos Grill again. Also, the staff was attentive!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Very pleasant Greek food in Rockville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a very good lunch there. The ingredients are fresh and well presented. The lamb I had came with a large knife but was fork tender. Unlike some local Greek places this has a clean sunny pleasant atmosphere. The service was good. Our only complaint was that some food was on the salty side and my wife does not like salt.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Congers, New York
“This is the REAL DEAL!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here on a Sunday night while in the area on business, and we were WOWED by this restaurant. We have not tasted authentic Greek food like this since our honeymoon in Greece 5 years ago -- the tastes took us right back!

THE SERVICE: Made a reservation on Open Table, and had no wait time when we arrived. The waiters are particularly chatty, and are all seemingly from Greece. Start talking to them, and they will be happy to tell you about their homeland. Our waiter was particularly sweet, and service was very attentive.

THE FOOD: All I can say is WOW!!! We started with an appetizer of grilled octopus, which was melt-in-your mouth delicious. Perfectly prepared, and a generous portion, too. In addition, we had a taverna salad -- just like it was prepared in Greece, without lettuce as a filler. This was a Greek salad how it ought to be -- cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, capers, peppers, oregano, feta, oil and vinegar, all the freshest ingredients possible. For dinner, my husband enjoyed one of the specials of the night -- grilled Chilean sea bass (delectable!). I had the combination platter -- mousaka, lamb, spanakopita, dolma and french fries -- all prepared as I remember in Greece. My favorite of all was the mousaka - I will order a whole dish of that next time. For dessert, we shared the galaktobureko, which was light and flaky, just as it should be.

THE ATMOSPHERE: We chose to sit outside at the front of the restaurant (there are about 5 or 6 tables there) since it was a beautiful summer evening. The restaurant is located on a side street on a sidewalk, so there is relatively little to look at. They have planted a screen of flowering plants to make the space feel more intimate, and this proved to be a very beautiful setting.

THE VALUE: This was not an inexpensive meal, at about $125 for the two of us, but it was absolutely worth it!! Definitely cheaper than a trip back to Greece!!

This is a gastronomical treat, which I can wholeheartedly recommend. Go, and you won't be disappointed. We will be back!!!

• Visited August 2013