“Very quiet and hidden” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Parklawn Dr.
Transit: 28436, 28618, 15342, 15338. Ride on: 10 Metro: C4, C8, J5 closest metro station is Twinbrook
Maryland Heights, Missouri
“Very quiet and hidden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Its right under your nose but you never been here? Me too. Not until about two years ago when it became my favorite Wednesday night spot. I can walk here from home so I take advantage of the bottle of wine Wednesday specials. The food is great although a bit price than what you might expect. Atmosphere is superb. Is it Greek or Italian... No Argentine. Just a bit of old country and the service is good. Although it is the patio, I always sit inside, start with wine and finish with flan. nice.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
“An unexpected treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

From the outside, El Patio looks like a narrow, unimpressive restaurant. But once inside, its attractive décor is apparent. The restaurant is narrow and deep, with wrought iron fixtures and a large wine display and bar at the rear. As well as the restaurant, there is a bakery area where customers can buy delicious-looking pastries and cakes.
Our meal was delicious, quickly served and attractively presented. We were there early in the evening so there were only a few customers and the proprietor welcomed us personally. Prices were reasonable. I would definitely return.

Visited October 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“I thought Argentina was known for good beef”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My first visit to El Patio was a mixed bag. Based on the modest location and tea room like atmostphere I did not expect to be amazed. We ordered a sampling of appetizers. Bloodsausage chicken and beef empanadas,sweetbread and the melted cheese. All were very good. Then came the main dishes. Chicken or beef breaded and fried with a cheese topping. These were very big portions served with French fries and sliced tomatos and onions. The salads were poor grade hot house unripe tomatos. Two of us had steak. The rib eye was nicely grilled and decent but a bit chewey. The T bone was terrible. the worst I have ever had. Worse than a Sizzler steak house even. It was grey in color and over cooked, I ordered med rare and it was well done and about a half inch thick and dry and chewey. My advice here is to skip the steaks which are poor quality and overpriced and the salads. Stick to the appetizers and fried meats. The desserts were okay but not to dye forin spite of the in house bakery. The caramel cream is very heavy and sweet. I think an aquired taste for many. The bread pudding was moist but needed more flavor like rum. A crepe with caramel filling was rubbery and not good. So there are some good things here but be careful what you order. It's a mixed bag. The wait staff is young and inattentive. One kept trying to take plates off the table with food on them we were still eating. don't think this place will become a neighborhood favorite with me.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“SO SO YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've been going there since I was born. It has a really argentine feel. It is really good and homemade.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Loved the Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Walking in you can tell it's a nice, cozy little restaurant. They have an excellent display of wines and a show of yummy desserts. However, the dish that I ordered was not for my taste at all. I regretted not liking the food because it looked so good. But I took a few bites and did not finish. I didn't want to send it back because I thought it would be too rude of me, but I did have a bite of my mother's steak and it was good. Not the best I've tasted, but better than my chicken. At the end we had dessert with caramel inside which was great. I liked the restaurant but not sure I would return. As a college student, I'm not sure I could afford it anyways.

• Visited July 2013