“A wonderful Argentine evening” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Argentinean, South American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Parklawn Dr.
Transit: 28436, 28618, 15342, 15338. Ride on: 10 Metro: C4, C8, J5 closest metro station is Twinbrook
Falls Church, Va
“A wonderful Argentine evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Location isnt great coming from the DC/Northern VA area, but made the trek for an authentic experience. Expectations were definitely met. Ambiance was good with some live Latin music playing, although a bit sterile. The food was outstanding. The chorizo here is some of the best I've had. The meat here was tasty and fresh. I ordered the mixed meat platter which had some unique offerings. All delicious and an incredible amount of food. Among the meat products in the platter was some blood sausage which was incredible. Dessert was traditional delicious. According to my lovely date from Argentina, the place was authentic. Wine was super reasonably priced here so get ready for a wonderful experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hyattsville, Maryland
“El Patio's Restaurant, Rockville, MD 8/06/12”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

What an amazing restaurant! this is the 2nd time I have been here in 2 weeks. The first time was for dinner (with a date) and the second time was for lunch with my family. Both times the service was EXCELLENT and both times the food was AMAZING! the ambiance was very casual so you don't have to dress up to be there. The 2nd time I went, we had the most beautiful waitress! Just a little more to add to our experience. I recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone. You get plenty of food for the price and great service.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great Argentine Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I lived in Buenos Aires for 4 years and this food was as good as anything I had there. We ordered several different types of empanadas and "sandwiches de miga" and they were all excellent. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We had been there before and we will definitely go again.

Visited July 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Just like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have been in America for long enough to feel homesick.I 'm from Argentina and Argentinians have their strong culture.When I went to EL Patio I felt like home again. I could not believe it! I will recommend this place because is unique.I was sick and tired of going to the american restaurants all the time.Now I am going to try to find some time extra to go to El Patio instead.The owners were so welcoming and friendly , you wont believe!!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“"Miss the old location"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I always enjoy the food here but we do miss the old location. Tucked away off Rockville Pike, it was small and often chaotic but had so much charmg. With its popularity came the need to relocate and while the food remains excellent, there was something magical eating in cramped quarters watching a "football" game where the Spanish-speaking commentators were more excited than the fans. But I digress. If you are meat eater - a true carne-vore, this is the place for you. There's a lot to explore on the menu and if unfamiliar with Argentinian cuisine, there will be plenty of ex-pats from the Buenos Ares and its environs to help youchoose. Don't miss out on the pastries, although you might be wise to take it home. Porfions are large at El Patio. El Patio is not fast food but it's a delightful place to eat, drink and watch.