“Outstanding stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Gurgaon
“Outstanding stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Hotel for a convention in January 2015 for 3 days. The stay was absolutely pleasant, thanks to the the staff. No shortcomings from check-in to check-out. The rooms are large and very clean. The food was delightful throughout the conference. The best about the hotel is its location which is 5 minutes walk from the DC Metro. Thanks to that, was able to go into Washington and come back during the conference itself. Outstanding stay overall.

Room Tip: The rooms are all very quite and have large windows for the view outside.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hands down the best full service Marriott in Bethesda/Rockville. Have stayed at all three and this one is the top. Hotel is very clean and staff is very attentive. Awesome Executive Lounge, food was good, plentiful and staff interacted. Loved the gym as it was clean and equipment worked. Bar was nice as well. One small issue that was raised to Management but not worth harping on. Would definitely recommend and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Galveston Island, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed here for a Conference and was pleasantly surprised how nice the hotel and conference center were. My room was so clean and fresh. It was wonderful to return to at the end of the day. I really enjoyed the Marriott signature scent throughout the hotel and LOVED the bath/hair products.

Every single staff member from the Management in suits (and there were a lot) to housekeeping to maintenance smiled and said hello when greeting their guests. They were so welcoming and I would return based on their friendliness.

I only ate the food provided by the conference at the hotel. The continental breakfast the first day was outstanding with very fresh pastries, homemade yogurt with granola and other add-ins and what appeared to be fresh juice. The second day was sadly not as good, providing commercial yogurt, what seemed to be day-old pastries and very strong coffee.

The hotel is very convenient to the Metro, less than 1/8 mile from front door to the Metro station.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be quiet. I loved my room as it had large windows and the AC worked very we...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here for a conference and I was surprised at how nice everything was. The room was extremely quiet, ample drawers for unpacking, great room service menu and excellent proximity to the white flint metro station. The bathroom had really nice countertop space and I appreciated that they supply you with real glass glasses (rather than the plastic cups that I've found in many of the high end hotels of late). There were an extremely high number of working outlets throughout the room; all that were extremely easy to access. My wifi was free thanks to being a Marriott member and my room was supplied with two free mini-water bottles each day. The housekeeping staff was the friendliest staff that I've encountered in years. The only negative that I can come up with is that I couldn't check in early (understandable as they were quite full). I'll have to consider Marriott hotels more often!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Plainsboro, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The good stuffs first - Location is just next to White Flint metro station and parking is complementary on weekends.The in room dinner menu was awesome and I would definitely recommend crab cake sandwich and the veggie burger!
Now the 'not cool' ones - Unlike other Marriott's, we could not check in early and were told that the hotel was fully booked and we might not get two double beds. Our friends had to wait for 2 hours to finally get their room!! The service somehow tripped on a busy weekend of Cherry Blossom festival. No complimentary WiFi and no microwave/refrigerator either. Overall an average experience I must say.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are nicer.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Mobasile, Manager at Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Sharmilla55-

Thank you so much for taking out the time to share your feedback on our hotel! I am thrilled you found our location convenient to the METRO. In addition, I’m so glad you found our crab cake and veggie burger to be delicious! I will definitely pass on your comments to our Executive Chef. As you mentioned Cherry Blossom weekend was extremely busy for the hotel and unfortunately waits to check in took a bit longer than normal. In addition, due to the overwhelming demand from families for double rooms our supply was challenged. I’m truly sorry you had some issues. The exciting news is that we have just ordered a new supply of refrigerators so all rooms will now have one. Thanks again for your feedback! We look forward of welcoming you back in the very near future!
Michael Basile-Director of Operations
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms and close to the Metro. NO complimentary in-room WIFI or microwave oven. Parking was plentiful, but overpriced for the area. Conveniently within walking distance of a variety of dining establishments. Overall a decent hotel experience.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am used to experiencing a great performance from Marriott hotels.
This particular location however, I'm sad to say was below the bar.
I used the online checkin app for the first time. I don't know if this influenced the experience. The checkin was not smooth, the desk person checked us in without the usual explanation of services and gift for Platinum members.
We accepted the complementary drinks for Platinum members and proceeded to the bar. At the bar the attendant stood in front of the TV and stared watching it. finally caught his eye whereupon he said, "Someone will look after you ".
The man who looked after U.S. Had been standing by the bar all this time and finally came over with menus after five minutes.
Needless to say he disappeared and the bartender took over.
The room inside door handle fell off when on our way out. Only one robe was in the closet. We asked the front desk person to have another robe brought up and to have engineering fix the handle before we left for dinner.
Upon our return, no robe no fix!
Next day at breakfast we were served by a very good waiter. However when I asked the chef for eggs sunny side up he just walked off ignoring me.
Our waiter took extra effort to rectify this faux pas.
This property is the worst Marriott we have experienced.

Room Tip: Concierge level rooms are good (10th floor)
Green Features: Green. They encourage reuse of towels. No smoking allowed in the building .
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking out the time to write a review on our hotel! It is through feedback such as yours that we constantly hone our service and product delivery to our guests. I am very sorry to see that you had a less than exceptional experience at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss your experience. I may be reached via e-mail michael.basile@marriott.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Michael Basile-Director of Operations

Been to Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!