You added Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Plainsboro, New Jersey
“Descent stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The good stuffs first - Location is just next to White Flint metro station and parking is complementary on weekends.The in room dinner menu was awesome and I would definitely recommend crab cake sandwich and the veggie burger!
Now the 'not cool' ones - Unlike other Marriott's, we could not check in early and were told that the hotel was fully booked and we might not get two double beds. Our friends had to wait for 2 hours to finally get their room!! The service somehow tripped on a busy weekend of Cherry Blossom festival. No complimentary WiFi and no microwave/refrigerator either. Overall an average experience I must say.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are nicer.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Mobasile, Manager at Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Sharmilla55-

Thank you so much for taking out the time to share your feedback on our hotel! I am thrilled you found our location convenient to the METRO. In addition, I’m so glad you found our crab cake and veggie burger to be delicious! I will definitely pass on your comments to our Executive Chef. As you mentioned Cherry Blossom weekend was extremely busy for the hotel and unfortunately waits to check in took a bit longer than normal. In addition, due to the overwhelming demand from families for double rooms our supply was challenged. I’m truly sorry you had some issues. The exciting news is that we have just ordered a new supply of refrigerators so all rooms will now have one. Thanks again for your feedback! We look forward of welcoming you back in the very near future!
Michael Basile-Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms and close to the Metro. NO complimentary in-room WIFI or microwave oven. Parking was plentiful, but overpriced for the area. Conveniently within walking distance of a variety of dining establishments. Overall a decent hotel experience.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am used to experiencing a great performance from Marriott hotels.
This particular location however, I'm sad to say was below the bar.
I used the online checkin app for the first time. I don't know if this influenced the experience. The checkin was not smooth, the desk person checked us in without the usual explanation of services and gift for Platinum members.
We accepted the complementary drinks for Platinum members and proceeded to the bar. At the bar the attendant stood in front of the TV and stared watching it. finally caught his eye whereupon he said, "Someone will look after you ".
The man who looked after U.S. Had been standing by the bar all this time and finally came over with menus after five minutes.
Needless to say he disappeared and the bartender took over.
The room inside door handle fell off when on our way out. Only one robe was in the closet. We asked the front desk person to have another robe brought up and to have engineering fix the handle before we left for dinner.
Upon our return, no robe no fix!
Next day at breakfast we were served by a very good waiter. However when I asked the chef for eggs sunny side up he just walked off ignoring me.
Our waiter took extra effort to rectify this faux pas.
This property is the worst Marriott we have experienced.

Room Tip: Concierge level rooms are good (10th floor)
Green Features: Green. They encourage reuse of towels. No smoking allowed in the building .
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Mobasile, Manager at Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking out the time to write a review on our hotel! It is through feedback such as yours that we constantly hone our service and product delivery to our guests. I am very sorry to see that you had a less than exceptional experience at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss your experience. I may be reached via e-mail michael.basile@marriott.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Michael Basile-Director of Operations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here 2 nights for a doctor's appointment and this stay was AMAZING from start to end. We checked in early and the lady at the front desk noticed me since we stay here very often and said that for writing an OUTSTANDING review on this hotel, she would get us what we wanted, so she gave us the top floor (10) in room 1014 which had an even better view than 1025 but I love both rooms, they're so nice but every room on the higher floors are nice. The staff was AMAZING and were extremely nice to us even though we lost our keys a couple times. Also, the breakfast here is OUTSTANDING, they have an AMAZING buffet with AMAZING staff and they keep the food extremely fresh. For sure we will be back sometime in May 2015 because this hotel is an OUTSTANDING hotel and because we'll be spending time more time with my family. We never have cons about this hotel because we just love it here! Anybody who stays in Rockville or Bethesda, MD MUST stay here!

Stayed April 2015
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Can't say many bad things about this hotel. The staff was very friendly, especially at the buffet. Definitely one of the best offered at any hotel I've stayed at. Beds were super comfortable! Would have been 5 stars, but the hotel needs to offer free parking and local calls.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband, 2 month old daughter and I stayed here for a wedding in which I was part of the bridal party. From the time we pulled up to check-in, every staff member we encountered was the epitome of professionalism and politeness. They let us check in early so that I could nurse our daughter, and changed us to a room with a refrigerator to store her milk. Also, when I suddenly came down with the flu on Saturday, they sent countless bottles of water and fresh towels to our room. Even though our first trip away from home with the baby was complicated by my illness, the silver lining was having to be sick in such a welcoming place.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Average comfortable stay for a short stay in DC area . The hotel lobby area is nice and inviting . Rooms and bathroom are spacious . Drawbacks lies in the beds . For a family of 4 two double beds is a Little stretch unless you have very young children . Linen was not clean or I am not sure if the were too worn down including the bath towels . These were the drawbacks to give an average rating . Parking is 15 dollars per night I find that a little expensive since it is a little way from downtown DC .

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Mobasile, Manager at Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Siris170- Thank you so much for taking out the time to share your feedback with us! We use our guest's feedback to regularly hone our products and services that we deliver to our guests. I am thrilled that you found our lobby inviting and our rooms and bathrooms spacious! I will be sharing your feedback regarding housekeeping services (linens) with the department manager. Thanks again for your feedback I hope we have the opportunity to host you and your family in the very near future! Have a great spring!

Been to Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!