“Great Getaway & Special Events location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
“Great Getaway & Special Events location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the hotel on Sunday night so that I could get up early on Monday to attend a large breakfast celebration at the hotel for MLK Day. The hotel room was clean and the king sized bed was comfortable. I especially appreciated the service at the hotel. I was helping to plan the breakfast and had to interact with the staff who were responsible for setting up the banquet room the night before the breakfast and on the day of the breakfast. The staff (particularly Derrick and Jennifer) consistently met our requests for small items like storing flowers in their refrigerator overnight and setting up extra tables during the breakfast itself to accommodate additional guests. So, in addition to the hotel being a great place to stay, it is also a great conference center for holding large events. In addition, I ate at the bar and had a great Angus bacon cheeseburger.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
MichaelBasile, Director of Operations at Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for the glowing review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am a world traveler, often at 5-star hotels, and the service at this hotel is impeccable. From the minute you walk in the spotless lobby and someone greets you -- with bottled water, hot apple cider or fresh baked cookies -- to room service delivering extra large pillows late at night (yes, I'm high maintenance), they go above and beyond. One night I thought I was getting the flu, and the lobby shop that sells meds was closed. The manager (Endrias Telele) went in to find exactly what I wanted. It took him quite a while (searching the stock drawers as well) but he didn't give up until he found it for me. The breakfast is super, with fresh berries, real oatmeal and other healthy choices. Similarly, the concierge lounge is extremely comfy with different horsderves and salads every night that are enough for dinner. The Metro is a 5-minute walk. Lastly, I'm quite a germaphobe and everything here seems as clean as the day it was built. There are hotels closer to where I do business, but this will be the only hotel I stay at from now on!

Room Tip: For a few dollars more, I upgraded to a huge corner room that feels like a suite and included use of...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
MichaelBasile, Director of Operations at Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the glowing recommendation. We look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had a lovely weekend with my boyfriend at this hotel. Right away I was impressed with the décor and the cleanliness of the lobby and the room. Upon checkin, Macky and Javier were very friendly and helpful. I don't think I've ever received such outstanding service, especially from Javier. They informed me that parking and internet would be comp'd (some holiday/low occupancy promotion) which I greatly appreciated.
We visited the hotel bar On The Rocks as Meritage was closed - which I thought was strange for 7pm on a Friday night. Armand and Kim were very nice at the bar. I had the club sandwich and the boyfriend had a burger. I really enjoyed the simple tomato & cucumber salad as my side; very fresh.
I used the fitness center on Saturday and liked how it was laid out. The only thing it was lacking was a larger area for non-machine workouts. I felt like I was in the way of the other guests working out.
(Note to other travelers: The pool is only open 6am-10am and 6pm-10 or 11pm Monday through Friday and 6am-11pm on weekends and holiday. Wasn't a problem for me, but something to keep in mind for folks who want to swim during the day on weekdays.)

I don't plan on traveling to Bethesda again any time soon, but if I do I would definitely stay here!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent a Saturday night in December here after seeing a concert at the Strathmore. (What a fantastic place to see a concert!) The hotel lobby is fantastic, and on this Saturday night was busy with two different wedding receptions being held there. The front desk staff were very helpful, as were the bellhops. We checked into our room a little late due to the concert, but it was no problem. The room was very nice, with extra pillows that we had requested. Our room and bathroom were extremely clean, The only issue, and it was minor, was that it was difficult to cool the room. By the time we came back from dinner it had cooled slightly, so it was not much of a concern. That night there were delicious cookies and hot cider being served in the lobby, and prior to my check-in I was graciously handed a bottle of chilled water by a bellhop. We at breakfast the next morning in the Starbucks nook near the restaurant. All in all a really pleasant stay!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
MichaelBasile, Director of Operations at Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again
Ocean City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

Just spent a night at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and hospitable. The room was great, however the air wasn't working properly. I called the front desk and they were prompt in sending a security guard to assist (kinda funny , a security guard to fix a heating problem) but he tired but was unable to resolve the issue. The staff was willing to move my wife and I to another room, given it was 2 AM and we are only staying for one night, we opted not to move. We were please with the staff's response time and willingness to assist.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

The event staff is wonderful! From the initial planning (including arranging a taste testing and site visit) to the day of the event, the event manager was wonderful. The banquet staff were phenomenal - very attentive - making everyone feel comfortable. The food was very good. The service made it feel like we were having dinner at a friend's house.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014 via mobile

From the initial greeting by Alex who assisted is with luggage to the warm greeting by Karen in the concierge lounge and all personnel in between, we experienced excellent "Marriott"
Service. The hotel was clean, convenient to the Metro, made our visits to DC very convenient!

• Stayed November 2014
MichaelBasile, Director of Operations at Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2014
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Been to Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!