“Modern and chic” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Kendall Park, New Jersey
“Modern and chic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I visit a client in Chevy Chase almost every month and this time my usual hotel was sold out, so they put me up here in North Bethesda. I was pleasantly surprised to see this new, modern building, and even more pleased once I got in. The lobby has that urban chic feel and the rooms are modern with the conveniences a business traveler needs. I'm kind of hoping my usual hotel gets sold out again so I can come back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I recently stayed here while in the DC area for business. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and nice sized, and the hotel is across the street from the red line on the Metro. Both the restaurant and bar were great as well. I very much enjoyed my stay here and appreciated the easy access to the entire DC metro area.

Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Clean, safe spot to get a good nights rest. Spent two nights here. The hotel is just off the Redline Metro White Flint station. As others have said, the staff really tries hard to help. Two quibbles - the price of internet in your room is outrageous - witness the evening crowd in the lobby. And although the TV was HD - it is a testament to cable that they can have the audacity to still sell hotels analog signals for most of the channels. Really? Likely this is not the hotel's fault but the combination of pricey internet and truly limited TV without eyestrain means that you should plan ahead. The convention rooms paid for high speed internet so they can do it but like the airlines they squeeze where they can to get those dollars. Kind of off putting in a place that was otherwise so hospitable.

Room Tip: The sixth floor facing the entrance is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I love this hotel and stay here whenever possible. Great location to the Metro White Flint station and fantastic hotel staff. Joseph and Alex are so personable and helpful. My only complaint is that housekeeping is either slow or they don't have enough. We were gone for several hours and returned to find our room was still not touched by housekeeping. It was also a few hours after I arrived to get into my room because housekeeping hadn't cleaned it from the previous occupants. Otherwise, very clean hotel with free washer and dryer and a Starbucks available for purchase in the lobby. Now, free WiFi would be nice. To pay that much for a room to not have free WiFi is ridiculous but seems to be par for the course at Marriott.

• Stayed June 2014
Virginia Beach, Va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

For the most part, the Bethesda North Marriott satisfied my needs - a clean, safe, comfortable place to stay while attending a week long bridge tournament. In all my interactions with members of staff, from the bellman when I arrived, to the front desk staff, to the maids, everyone was very friendly and seemed eager to please. I was disappointed that the requested refrigerator was not in the room when I arrived, and it took three separate requests before it was brought to the room. I also felt that the air conditioning in the room was not in any way controlled by the thermostat on the wall, because I set it for 65 degrees at night and the temperature never wavered from 72 degrees during the whole stay. In fact, the hall was considerably cooler than the room, and this was during the summer. I appreciated being able to check e-mail on the computer in the lobby, but I would have preferred to do so on my own laptop in the privacy of my room. For hotels to charge for internet in this day and age is shortsighted, as it could be the deal breaker in choosing a hotel. My final, niggling complaint is that the line of toiletries provided has a fragrance that I truly disliked. It appears to be of good quality, just an odd combination of aromas. I would suggest that Marriott consider having on hand a supply of unscented toiletries, both for those who have fragrance allergies, as well as for those, like me, who find the fragrance offensive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
MichaelBasile, Director of Operations at Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. We will be sharing your thoughts with the appropriate departments.
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The staff of this hotel is great! They were helpful, courteous, and attended to needs immediately. The hotel is well-maintained - service was great at the restaurant and bar. The concierge lounge was wonderful - great apps served Mon - Thurs. My only negative comment is that it was too cold in the convention center and walking thru hallways, lobby, etc.
I even had to turn off the AC in my room to warm up. The front desk was notified and they kept trying to make it warmer, but it never really happened til our last day there. I am from Florida and if that AC was too cold, believe me, it was cold. Otherwise, everything was great! Also, it is half a block away from the Metro system, which we took from the airport. Very convenient.

Room Tip: High Floor
Green Features: Signs up to re-use towels, etc if you wished to be environmentally conscious.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Traveled here last week with wife and 3 girls for lacrosse tournament. Booked hotel in April for travel on June 27th. Have email confirmation for TWO DOUBLE BEDS!!! I check in around 11pm after driving for 6 hours and when I walked into the room, there was only 1 bed for 5 people. I went to the desk to ask about it and they said that :"Marriott does not RESERVE room type, it is merely a REQUEST". I was so shocked!!! I asked how does a family travel all day and not be promised 2 beds? I would assume they would sell X amount of rooms with 2 beds then if they had more demand, they would TELL the customer, they only had rooms with 1 bed. I said RESERVE is in the word RESERVATION and I have an email confirmation reserving 2 beds. They would not hear it and offered me 2 roll away beds. What choice did I have? I took the 2 roll away beds, stuck the desk and desk chair in the large closet and all 3 kids had to walk across the beds each time they had to use the bathroom!!! It was terrible. We stayed for 2 nights. I went down on the 2nd day to ask what happened and was given a $5 starbucks card as my compensation!!! To be honest, hotel was beautiful, clean and close to the Metro but pretty hard to enjoy a trip when you can't even walk around the room.

Room Tip: Arrive at 3pm because room type is first come first serve according to the Hotel Manager
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MichaelBasile, Director of Operations at Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Please accept my apology for your experience. We do our very best to accommodate all guest reservations. Unfortunately, we only have so many double rooms and a request for one does not guarantee availability. You might try calling ahead to speak with an in-house reservationist to see if a guarantee can be extended.

Been to Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!