“It's a Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Tenafly, New Jersey
“It's a Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I visited the area for get together with friends. This hotel was the closest so I stayed here. The rooms were typical Marriott. Clean, comfortable - a Marriott. The people at check-in were very nice. They greeted me with a smile and a warm welcome. Our call for extra towels was fulfilled in no time. If I have a need for another trip to the area, no questions I would stay here.
I did get the free wi-fi and parking with my room. Not sure why hotels still feel the need to nickel and dime you for the extra money for the wi-fi. Also, no one was around to give or collect a parking ticket so I guess parking is alway free and the room "package" I selected was nonsense.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Return trip to this hotel and continue to be impressed. Check in was pleasant and quick. Tried the advanced check in option and room keys were waiting for me when u arrived. Rooms are nicely sized, newer furnishings and nice bedding. Room rates reasonable especially with free parking. Weekends seems pretty quiet. Assume this property is quite busy with business travel during the week.

Lobby open and welcoming. The complimentary hot apple cider was a nice touch.

Gym was great with plenary of equipment. Large selection of fruit is a nice touch. 24 hour access is great.

Had dinner in Rocks lounge twice. Service was efficient, pleasant and quick. Food was standard Marriott fare, reasonably good. Prices a bit high but typical for hotel menus. I paid an extra $10 per night for my room to access $25 food credit as I knew I was eating meals on property.

Also had breakfast buffet twice at Meritage. Great selection and very good quality. Even though a buffet, service was great. I have breakfast coupons as a Gold member so not sure how pricey it would have otherwise been.

Only downside was finding some dried out edamame on the desk chair. It really did blend into the chair so I could see how housekeeping missed it. Otherwise room was clean so I did not make a big deal about it. I casually mentioned to the front desk. they had housekeeping manager come up to my room to apologize. Nice touch - was not necessary.

Stayed December 2013
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel before because I have friends that live nearby. It's also easy to the metro which is about a one minute walk away! McDonald's across the street, as well as other restaurants within a short drive. There's a mall close by too. The hotel itself is very clean and modern. Beds are comfortable and service is impeccable. Check-in was quick and easy. I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel Friday of Thanksgiving weekend. The weekend rate included Wi-Fi and parking. I picked this hotel because it's close to the metro and easy to get downtown. I didn't realize just how close it was to the metro, about a 1 minute walk.
The hotel staff is very friendly. The hotel is very nicely decorated and very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this property with my 16-year-old daughter who was participating in a soccer tournament not too far from the hotel. We had a very comfortable and pleasant stay for the time that we were there. Absolutely no complaints but also nothing remarkable. Then, we checked out of the hotel, and 3+ hours into our ride home, my daughter realized that she had forgotten her laptop computer in our hotel room! To say that panic set in would be an understatement. My daughter called the hotel from the road and explained her situation. A wonderful staff member at the hotel named Adam told her not to worry and that he would contact her in 5 minutes to let her know if they found the computer. Less than 5 minutes later, she received a call. Adam told her that they would pack up the laptop and ship it back to us and that she would have it in two days. Two days later, a FedEx package arrived at our door with her computer safely inside. Phew! I can't thank the Bethesda Marriott North enough for their taking care of this situation so seamlessly. They completely surprised and delighted us with the service that they provided. My daughter will be forever grateful that her computer was rescued and that she could hand her homework in on time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We booked this hotel on Priceline and were happy with the value and amenities of this hotel. While not quite as nice as the nearby Marriott Suites we had previously visited the rooms were still quite clean, modern, and comfortable. Nothing in particular stood out about the stay but sometimes that is nice, especially when one is only around for a brief stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed there over the summer as we had tickets to a golf tournament nearby. The hotel was very nice and modern. Better than we expected although the overall neighborhood was not as nice. It wasn't dangerous or anything. Mostly strip malls and the like as opposed to a business district or suburban feel.
The hotel was very modern looking. There is a very good restaurant in the hotel were we had a surprisingly nice dinner with wine. Otherwise, a comfortable night's stay and what you can expect from a Marriott. The beds were a little soft for my taste but not uncomfortable and the prices are very reasonable. They were less expensive than other Marriott's the area but feel just as nice.

They are doing a lot of road construction right around that area so my 2011 navigation system got a little lost. Sadly, no free wi-fi, at least on weekdays.

I've read about some bedbug issues in some hotels around the DC area but our room was clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!