“It's a yes from me.” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20% off
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
“It's a yes from me.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I was greeted with a big warm beautiful smile as I was approaching the check in desk. My first time here. In fact, every employee I passed had excellent customer service skills. That little gesture goes a long way. I am a platinum status and was given a key to the executive lounge and room on the executive floor. Not sure how helpful this will be for everyone. The room was comfy, quiet, cozy, nice large windows, small refrig, small coffee pot, nice big towels, and I especially liked the bed linens.
The executive lounge was one of the better ones with great food choices through out my stay. I especially enjoyed the deserts in the evening. Oh, and lox and bagels with capers in the morn...my fav!! The only thing negative was I did not see any place to walk to...just a McDonalds. The mall in walking distance is closing and going to be demolished. You have to get in the car for any place good. Luckily the hotel has a gym and an indoor pool.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was not delighted to have been booked into this hotel whilst on a business trip, but have to admit I was very pleasantly surprised. The situation is attractive, though nothing of interest within walking distance . Check in was friendly and effortless. Room a little spartan but perfectly acceptable, great buffet breakfast - my only issue a billing error which took a little while to correct.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while visiting friends in Bethesda and had a lovely stay. Joseph the bellman made us right at home from the moment we pulled up and took our bags immediately to our room as we checked in. He could not have been more friendly and welcoming. Front desk staff continued the excellent customer service. Rooms were clean and comfortable- standard Marriott business traveler room but there was plenty of space for my husband and I plus our active 3 year old. I requested an extra blanket for our daughters air mattress and it was delivered immediately. Breakfast room service was delivered right on time (we placed order the night before). Super convenient location to metro and downtown DC. Really enjoyed our stay. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel was a bit of a surprise. It was a reasonable rate and we got much more for our money than expected.

We had two changes of plans after booking that required room changes by phone ahead of time that included bed configuration and proximity. The staff were helpful and accommodated us not hiding behind the normal caveats that hotels use to lower expectations.

The bell captain, David, met us upon arrival and set the tone and the quality of service remained high. Great find and great value. By the way, they had a big event, reunion and wedding going on but you wouldn't have know it from the service levels.

We ordered room service for breakfast and the portions were huge and great quality of food and service. The attendant not only mentioned that there was a service charge included but went so far as to say nothing more was required - how often do you hear that!

Use this hotel if you are anywhere within 30 mins the next day.

If you are looking for food go to Rockville Village area about 5 mins away. We had sushi at Sushi Damo, (36 Maryland Ave Unit G, Rockville, MD 20850) Great! Outstanding!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here for one night on a recent visit with friends from the area. Pros: Wonderful staff throughout the hotel; better than average buffet breakfast, free parking, lovely lobby, reasonable weekend rates. Cons: we are frequent travelers, and the bed was not as comfortable as those as most hotels; The carpet and furniture in the room could use an update.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
penelope1976
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were there for a meeting. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was always welcoming and helpful. I blew up my hairdryer, called to the desk and I had a new one upstairs within a few minutes.

The food they provided at the meeting was fantastic! Typically, the lunches you get a hotel meetings are just so so... This was actually excellent food. I also enjoyed my two dinners I had at the hotel.

I love having a Starbucks in the lobby too! Altogether it was a fantastic experience!!

Also, my room was near the elevator which is normally a nightmare, but I didn't hear a thing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Everything is wonderful in the room, staff is very welcoming. There's an attractive, comfortable, spacious lobby, Starbucks, an upscale restaurant with wonderful brunch for $18, and a large bar with huge patio. Only disappointment was the overheated pool when I wanted to swim laps, but the fitness center impresses with plenty of modern machines.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!