“A Surprisingly Good Hotel Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Cleveland, Ohio
“A Surprisingly Good Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel was a bit of a surprise. It was a reasonable rate and we got much more for our money than expected.

We had two changes of plans after booking that required room changes by phone ahead of time that included bed configuration and proximity. The staff were helpful and accommodated us not hiding behind the normal caveats that hotels use to lower expectations.

The bell captain, David, met us upon arrival and set the tone and the quality of service remained high. Great find and great value. By the way, they had a big event, reunion and wedding going on but you wouldn't have know it from the service levels.

We ordered room service for breakfast and the portions were huge and great quality of food and service. The attendant not only mentioned that there was a service charge included but went so far as to say nothing more was required - how often do you hear that!

Use this hotel if you are anywhere within 30 mins the next day.

If you are looking for food go to Rockville Village area about 5 mins away. We had sushi at Sushi Damo, (36 Maryland Ave Unit G, Rockville, MD 20850) Great! Outstanding!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here for one night on a recent visit with friends from the area. Pros: Wonderful staff throughout the hotel; better than average buffet breakfast, free parking, lovely lobby, reasonable weekend rates. Cons: we are frequent travelers, and the bed was not as comfortable as those as most hotels; The carpet and furniture in the room could use an update.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
penelope1976
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were there for a meeting. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was always welcoming and helpful. I blew up my hairdryer, called to the desk and I had a new one upstairs within a few minutes.

The food they provided at the meeting was fantastic! Typically, the lunches you get a hotel meetings are just so so... This was actually excellent food. I also enjoyed my two dinners I had at the hotel.

I love having a Starbucks in the lobby too! Altogether it was a fantastic experience!!

Also, my room was near the elevator which is normally a nightmare, but I didn't hear a thing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Everything is wonderful in the room, staff is very welcoming. There's an attractive, comfortable, spacious lobby, Starbucks, an upscale restaurant with wonderful brunch for $18, and a large bar with huge patio. Only disappointment was the overheated pool when I wanted to swim laps, but the fitness center impresses with plenty of modern machines.

• Stayed July 2013
Wallkill, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This Hotel is Fantastic! The Whole place is extremely clean and very nice. The staff is wonderful and extremely polite and considerate. The room I was in (2 queen sized beds) was pretty spacious, and the bathroom was very nice. The White Flint metro that goes into DC is right across the street (through an underpass) from the parking lot. The stay was wonderful, if we ever go back to DC, we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed for conference from 7/19 to 7/22. Excellent service provided from the time we pulled up to the time we checked out. Everyone cordial and welcoming, employees made eye contact and acknowledged your presence and your needs. Bottles of chilled water presented on arrival, fruit or cookies available at the front desk. Conference set up and food and beverages provided for the conference breaks was outstanding! Attended a banquet one evening and quality of food, presentation and service were impecable. Great access to Metro, McDonalds on corner and restaurants and shopping lined the main road in front of the hotel. Could not have asked for more. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Don't ask for a room near the elevator because a bell rings when the elevator door opens. Washer...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have never reviewed a hotel but I felt compelled to after our stay here. My family and my son's fiance's stayed here over July 4th for our son's wedding at the LDS temple in DC. I am thrifty and usually stay at more basic hotels with the waffle makers for breakfast. However, this was my son's wedding so I wanted something more upscale. This hotel was definitely upscale but priced like I am used to AND included a FANTASTIC breakfast with no waffle machines.
The staff was phenomenal, any time I needed something, I was told "My Pleasure." Every one of the staff would tell me that whenever they assisted me. I know they are trained to say that, but they were sincere. The night clerk and the breakfast staff really stood out, but all of the staff was great.
We were on the 8th floor and had a wonderful view which included the LDS temple AND fireworks in all directions. The rooms were adequate size and very clean but only had double beds. The toiletries were above average and my daughters really liked them. The rate I selected included breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children per room but we had all adults, so the hotel gave us 3 adult breakfasts instead. The breakfast was awesome starting with the smoothie. We did have to pay for parking but because I was a rewards member, it was 1/2 price.
The hotel was very convenient to the LDS Temple and the entrance to the metro is just across the parking lot.
A few negatives: I would have liked to have had free internet in the room and queen beds. If you have kids, keep in mind the pool hours are very limited. Also, I did realize they had a restaurant in the hotel. I wish the staff would have suggested it to me when I checked in.

Room Tip: 8th floor had great views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
Bethesda Marriott Suites
Bethesda Marriott Suites
#3 of 11 in Bethesda
4.0 of 5 stars 281 reviews

Been to Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!