“What a "Pleasure"” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Wilmington, North Carolina
“What a "Pleasure"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have never reviewed a hotel but I felt compelled to after our stay here. My family and my son's fiance's stayed here over July 4th for our son's wedding at the LDS temple in DC. I am thrifty and usually stay at more basic hotels with the waffle makers for breakfast. However, this was my son's wedding so I wanted something more upscale. This hotel was definitely upscale but priced like I am used to AND included a FANTASTIC breakfast with no waffle machines.
The staff was phenomenal, any time I needed something, I was told "My Pleasure." Every one of the staff would tell me that whenever they assisted me. I know they are trained to say that, but they were sincere. The night clerk and the breakfast staff really stood out, but all of the staff was great.
We were on the 8th floor and had a wonderful view which included the LDS temple AND fireworks in all directions. The rooms were adequate size and very clean but only had double beds. The toiletries were above average and my daughters really liked them. The rate I selected included breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children per room but we had all adults, so the hotel gave us 3 adult breakfasts instead. The breakfast was awesome starting with the smoothie. We did have to pay for parking but because I was a rewards member, it was 1/2 price.
The hotel was very convenient to the LDS Temple and the entrance to the metro is just across the parking lot.
A few negatives: I would have liked to have had free internet in the room and queen beds. If you have kids, keep in mind the pool hours are very limited. Also, I did realize they had a restaurant in the hotel. I wish the staff would have suggested it to me when I checked in.

Room Tip: 8th floor had great views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed for two nights on concierge floor. Concierge lounge was closed for weekend, but hotel offered free buffet breakfast to compensate. The hotel was very clean in spite of heavy activity. The room was decent size and the bedding was comfortable. We did have problems with the internet, but it was finally fixed. The buffet breakfasts were a cut above most Marriotts. The staff was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a very nice Marriott hotel and close to five stars. The staff is very friendly, the hotel is clean and the food offerings were quite good. The carpet in my room (#817) was a bit worn and even had a small piece missing near the desk. I had a great rate and thought the hotel was an excellent value. It is extremely convenient to the red line Metro White Flint station (two short blocks) with a ride of about 25 minute to downtown DC. Several restaurants are within walking distance and, in a jam, there is a 24 hour McDonald's across the street. No big complaints; I would definitely return if I needed to be in the area again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Do to a work project I have been staying more than half my time in hotels these days. If you need to be in the DC Area this hotel is a Great value.

The staff has been incredibly nice to me and everyone always has a smile. The room is immaculate it is just up the street from shopping area and metro station so anything you need can easily be found.

I just had the buffet breakfast with custom omelet and smoked salmon. Warm fluffy and comforting just as it should be. I don't usually do breakfast but just needed something this morning to get the day started and this hotel had it all.

• Stayed July 2013
N/A
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

had a 3 day business, 2 days pleasure trip to DC area..gave up on cheaper hotels for personal days I paid for and found best rate for all 5 days at swank Bethesda Marriott North .Rooms are beautiful, gym is perfect, always fresh fruit ,no charge bottled water., 2 newspapers,,.housekeeping is flawless, rooms big /pretty and ALL staff lovely and helpful!!! all of them !!
I used every amenity and nearby excellent trendy restaurants and even whole foods and great shopping .It was my second or 3rd stay .ill be there again in future.
bathroom lights too dim and no magnifying mirror but all else PERFECT!

Room Tip: never had a bad room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel three nights. We were there to attend a wedding at the hotel and choose to extend our stay to enjoy the area. There is really nothing bad to stay about this hotel. The staff are exceptionally friendly and accommodating - everyone was constantly offering assistance and a friendly hello. Of special note is the bell hop Joseph who was just a sheer delight to speak with each day. The rooms are modern, well maintained and clean. The gym is above average. The restaurant on the premises is expensive but we enjoyed an excellent meal there one evening - fresh, tasty food and top notch service throughout. Easy access to major roads and one block to the metro. Here's some helpful hints - 1) If you like to run there is the Bethesda Path just two blocks from the hotel. Very pretty, peaceful walking/running area with a decent amount of shade. 2) Whole Foods is just two blocks away. 3) For an excellent breakfast consider the Silver Diner. It is about 1 mile east on Rockville Pike and well worth the effort to get there. Food is fresh, innovative and they source much of the food from local farms. Overall we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it to our fellow travellers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for a three night stay. We went into DC and the Metro was a very short walk from the back door. There is also many good place to eat and shop within a short walk. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and we all slept well. There was no breakfast and the wi-fi was an added charge.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!