You added Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bel Air, Maryland
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a friends wedding, also at this hotel, and I must say it lived up to the Marriott Brand. Check-In isn't until 3:00pm however the wedding started at 3:30 and we needed to get ready prior so we requested early check-in and they were able to oblige. Our room was beautiful and all decor was very modern and updated. The beds are amazingly comfortable. It felt as if I was sleeping on little clouds... LOL.
We ordered room service and the wait time was very minimal. The Ballroom the wedding was in hosted in was AMAZING. During the wedding, all the wait staff made sure to keep all the common areas clean and tidy. And if there was anything anyone needed, they were very quick to respond. I have not one complaint about this hotel and if I'm in the Rockville/Bethesda area again, I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: If you order room service, try the Thai Chilli Buffalo wings. They're AMAZING
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Booked the last room available when other arrangements didn't work out.

The staff was very nice and tolerant of my request to change rooms. Thanks Courtenay!

Although the hotel was swamped with West Virginia University Band members (loud and NOT courteous people) and comic book nerds, my sleep was not disturbed. Nice firm bed.

Room was clean; TV worked (could use more channels) and bathroom clean if smallish.

Why four stars? I only give 5 stars to hotels with free wi-fi. Sorry but if Super8 and La Quinta can throw in wi-fi, so can Marriott!

Room Tip: Room behind elevator (King bed) was surprisingly quiet and had no connecting door to next room. A...
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I needed a place to sleep for three nights in the area and this hotel was just right for this purpose.
The service was prompt, the room was clean, and I didn't need much more than that.

One positive: when I was there they had the SPX 2012 running which did add a bit of color (too bad I didn't know in advance or I've had gone to a few sessions)

One negative: really? no free internet access? (actually, reading others' reviews, maybe I just had to ask for it :-) )

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

There for 3 nights for a nearby conference. Good quality sleep (7th floor, near lifts). My room had two double beds, desk, TV etc. No noisy fridge (good!). Small bathroom, but clean and everything functional.

Decent-sized bar and outdoor terrace. The usual embedded Starbucks you find these days. I didn't eat there, but the dining room is large, and breakfast looked decent as it was being set up.

A reasonable number of restaurants walkable, including Season52, where we went twice.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Booked a room in the hotel due to a convention that was being hosted there. Check in was easy - Sarah was very nice and pleasant. When I mentioned the cost of the parking and internet being a little high, I was told that there was free parking and free internet based on the room rate I had booked under. Nice surprise there!

My room was very nice and comfortable and had a refrigerator, but when I first arrived in it there was a strange smell (like cleaning products and cigarette smoke). I called down to Guest Services and spoke with Sean who offered to move me to another room or to send up this machine that takes care of odor. They used the machine to remove the odor and all was well. For the inconvenience my guest and I each received a $25 card to use at the Meritage restaurant on site.

The food was good. I had the filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. We also has the crab dip which was delicious. The next day I had the crab cake sandwich with sweet potato fries which was also good.

The only complaint I really have for this hotel is that it really needs to separate the coffee shop from the gift/food shop. I waited nearly 15 minutes to pay for a bottled ice tea behind a line of folks getting Starbucks while the one poor worker tried to get everyone moved through as quickly as she could.

Otherwise it was a good overnight stay and we enjoyed it.

I must commend Sarah (front desk) and Sean (guest services) on their excellent customer service.

Racine, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I recently stayed here for 7 days. When I arrived I signed up for Marriott Rewards and an Electronic folio....the Person that assisted me did not input the correct email address despite repeating several times and now this information is going to another person. Luckily they have forwarded to me but I have been spinning my wheels trying to get this corrected.

When I got to the room the bathroom had NOT been cleaned and there was Wet Wash Cloth in the Night stand drawer. There were stains on the carpet that had obviously not been cleaned and the room had an odor. I do not recommend this Hotel at all.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here for a recent conference. I did not get the room I wanted (asked for a King on a high floor). This was a good Marriott experience. Front desk team was very professional. Room was very clean, well-appointed, quiet. Good selection of TV channels. Bathroom was fine. My only beef was that both double beds were too soft, saggy. The mattresses were definitely worn. I slept in the middle of one of the beds to get the best firmness.

The workout room is pretty good, although not huge. They have good cardio machines, each with their own TV monitor. For a conference that size (a health care conference at that!), the workout room seemed strangely empty when i was there.

The hotel has a coffee bar within the gift shop, but with a large conference, that coffee bar was overwhelmed. They feature Starbucks but it is not a full-size Starbucks and they had only 1 to 2 people working there. Their selection of coffee drinks was limited. The wait for coffee was unbelievable. They really do need a full-size Starbucks or alternative coffee place somewhere on the property.

The conference facilities are connected to the hotel, very convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!