“a new greek place” 4 of 5 stars

301-339-8962
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Trapezaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 347 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“a new greek place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The first time I tried this place, I wasn't too impressed. I tried again with another friend and got the chicken dish and it was outstanding.

Visited December 2013

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“great greek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We went there on the advice of a friend and were not disappointed. We have been there 3 times now and every time the food and service have been wonderful. I agree with UFORich, it is definitely not typical Greek food. We could easily just order several mezze and dessert and skip the entre as the appetizers are easily large enough to share and there is a huge variety. We have enjoyed the 20 mezze for $40 special twice now. That is an excellent way to sample much of the menu and there was enough to take home for the next day's dinner. Parking is another plus for this restaurant. There is free, covered parking on weekends at the M&T bank lot right behind the restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison, Alabama
“Christmas Eve Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Enjoyed the wonderful ambiance, the service and the fabulous Greek food for Christmas Evening with our family. The food we had is not your run of the mill Greek, it does not have a Gyro on the Dinner menu. It has many wonderfully prepared lamb, steak and other options including plenty of individual appetizers which are a meal in themselves. They have a Greek sampler that includes moussaka, spanakopita, and the lamb. We all chose something different off the menu and were very happy. Salads are large as is are the portions. Meals are around $14-25 dollars in price but the quality is superb. I had Greek coffee and the galactobourekos which is a phyllo dough covered pastry with custard and covered with honey are wonderful as is the flan. It is convenient to a parking lot, and the ambiance is very classy.

• Visited December 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Trapezaria”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I would have given Trapezaria a much higher rating for the food and service. Both were excellent. My issues had to do with what happened behind the scenes. I called in the morning of my lunch reservation to lower the number in our party from 5 to 4. When we arrived, it was not changed. Our waitress even remembered that she had spoken to me but had not changed the number. We identified ourselves under my name with the Open Table reservation. They acknowledged it but the next day I received an email from Open Table saying I had been a no-show. Fortunately I was able to rectify the situation with a detailed email of our experience in the restaurant. These are the type of things that turn off a diner because they say one thing but do not follow through. Fortunately the food was delicious!

• Visited December 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Truly superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

A wonderful restaurant...great food, friendly and accommodating service, and wonderful spot. I went for a business lunch and was wowed. I asked if they could make my favorite Greek dish, grilled octopus, and they brought a beautifully prepared, delicious dish of grilled octopus to the table. And the decor is totally authentic...it feels like you are on the coast of Greece. Stunning. The chef came out to say hello. I don't live near Rockville, but I would make a special trip to come back to this spot!

• Visited November 2013