“ALWAYS A FUN PLACE TO VISIT WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's Tower Oaks Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 342 restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Oyster Bar, Sandwiches
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wootten Parkway
Transit: Bus 81, Monday - Friday until 7:30pm
Description: Tucked away in a 22-acre nature preserve just fifteen minutes from Georgetown, Tower Oaks Lodge has the look and feel of an authentic Adirondack lodge. Divided into four dining rooms, the Lodge contains a vast collection of art and artifacts such as vintage canoes and row boats, and antique saddles and trophies. Chef Jeffery Eng, formerly of 1789 Restaurant, presides over the kitchen team featuring a menu of great American saloon-style food. The Lodge offers the freshest seafood, locally-grown seasonal vegetables, pastas, and salads, as well as Clyde's classics such as cheeseburgers and chili.
Rockville
“ALWAYS A FUN PLACE TO VISIT WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food is good and servings are generous. I love the eclectic decorations - always feels like being away on a vacation.

• Visited December 2013

81% Recommend
Rockville, Maryland
“Great ambiance , ok food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The restaurant is beautiful ! Lovely lighting, cool bridge and stream out front! The food is just ok, but the atmosphere is beautiful !

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rockville
“Flying Lobsters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

For her birthday, I took my wife and her sisters family visiting from Brasil out to Clyde's for dinner. There were 8 of us and we all ordered the lobster special. We were having a great time enjoying the cool ambiance over good conversation when over came the waiter with a tray full of lobsters. I watched in horror as the guy tripped and the lobsters went flying! After the dust settled, I asked "were those our lobsters?". He said yes. We had to wait another 30 or 40 minutes but it was fine. I wrote about the experience to the general manager and he offered to have us back another time. I came a few weeks later and brought my best friend and his family visiting from Arizona. We had a wonderful meal and Clyde's pick up the tab. I like the place and enjoy the atmosphere. The food is good but the overall experience is better. Flying lobsters aside, I recommend Clyde's.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rockville, Maryland
“Dependable and pleasant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Consistent, good service and pleasant environment. Food good but not great. I would recommend for special occasions.

• Visited December 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Getter better.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I've been here 3x since my last review. The restaurant has definitely improved in both service and food. More choices of their freshest eastern US oysters. Service has improved exponentially- the waiters appear naturally happy and eager to serve you. On one instance, I mentioned about the sweetness of my calamari and wondered if there was a new chef in the house. They gladly made another sans sugar- gratis. Our drinks were well mixed. Wide tap beers selection. Hunting lodge interiors still reign among its class in the Washington metro.

• Visited January 2014