“Good Thai and Asian” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Good Thai and Asian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Good Panang Curry when I had a craving. Right in Rockville town center. Food was great and service was fast. I will come back

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Refreshing refuge from the summer heat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I hadn't visited this restaurant in years so I went with some friends for lunch. It wasn't that busy being slightly hidden from most of the Rockville Town Center shops and eateries. I was glad we went, though, as the Vietnamese food with a slight French flair, was as good as ever. I had a delicious fresh, crispy spring roll (we shared), with the flavor repeated slightly in my choice of the vermicelli special combination of grilled shrimp, pork and spring roll on a bed of noodles and vegetables. I topped my meal off with the ginger ice cream--so refreshing on a hot day, and iced coffee (think coffee ice-cream). Like I said, we found the place was relatively quiet at noon mid-week, and the service was top notch. A tiny place, the restaurant is tastefully appointed, romantic even, with the option of outdoor dining, but the latter was not appealing in the oppressive humid heat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Still excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was my second visit and I will continue to go there. Both times I've had one of their "Signature Dishes" and have been disappointed. Most of these dishes have "MA TU’S Special sauce - A sweet, mild black-pepper sauce".

The service is on the slow side. Several times I had to signal the waiter to come to our table, and it seemed to take them forever to clear our dishes before dessert.

But the food is worth it.

And the noise level is acceptable because they have carpet on the floor---which so many restaurants lack.

Staffird
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Have developed a few favorites such as their signature shrimp in black bean sauce and their dumplings which can't be beat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Terrific food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had CRISPY CALAMARI with sweet and sour sauce, CARAMEL FISH fillet simmered in caramel sauce and served in a hot pot and MA TU’S SIGNATURE DISH - A sweet, mild black-pepper sauce sautéed with lightly-breaded soft shell crab. All three were superb!

I would have given it 5 stars except for the VERY slow service. We got there just before 8:30 on a Thursday night and the place was just about empty except for 4-5 people at the bar. Since we were outside at a sidewalk table, they nearly forgot about us until I went inside and got a waiter. It took about an hour and a half for us to have what should have been a 45-min. meal at most. The prices were reasonable.

Toward the end I went inside and sat at the bar, and soon in came a penguin. The penguin turned to the bartender and asked, "Have you seen my father?" The bartender responded with "Oh, maybe. What's he look like?"

• Visited April 2013