“Different but good...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 331 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Rockville, Maryland
“Different but good...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a Peruvian restaurant with some different menu items that you don't see often. I went here recently with two colleagues. The starters were very good and were happily shared by all... especially these wonderful crab croquetes. My entree was a sea bass with a creamy pepper sauce covered with calamari. The fish and the sauce was excellent but the calamari was terrible... I do not like the skin to be left on the squid which it was...and it was so tough, you could bound the pieces like a rubber ball. Overall, it would say that my colleagues and I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere but steer away from the calamari!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Not a great experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Food was good but we had our appetizers well before we got our wine. They did not have the bottle we wanted so we had to pay $20 extra for a more expensive bottle. Waited for wine, waited for dessert. Service seemed disorganized like they were not used to having customers.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marco Island, Florida
“Prefer other places”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Although the food was beautiful, it tasted "just okay". I really wanted to love it, but alas.... With so many other amazing restaurants in the area, I'd skip this place. Disappointing given the high rating.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

La Canela offers a great Peruvian food! I tried the lomo saltado and ravioles rellenos de ají de gallina, and the ceviche... Awesome! The price is really good for the food they offer!! I don't know if we can make reservations ahead.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Love this resturant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have eaten once...it was for my anniversary. It was great! Beautiful atmosphere and food. I highly recommend it. I plan on coming back on my birthday! Can't wait!

• Visited March 2013