“Fair, uninteresting, restaurant” 2 of 5 stars

301-838-4281
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
American Tap Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 342 restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: This is American Regional Cuisine at its classic, pub-inspired best. The food is fun and what we like to call “approachable”. You’ll also enjoy some twists on the classics with taste-inspired ideas like our Dirty Caesar Salad and Greek Turkey Burger. At the American Tap Room we believe in using local ingredients as much as possible and, yes, everything we serve goes well with beer. Ranging from weekend brunch, to a casual lunch outing or an after-work gathering in our bar, each dining experience is uniquely enjoyable. Enjoy your time with us on our outdoor patio, inside by the fireplace, or by booking a private event.
Rockville
“Fair, uninteresting, restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

American Tap Room is a passable restaurant that has what I think of as an uninteresting menu with average food. The range of food is limited, and what we had was far from outstanding - in factor was not very much better than a fast food place. Someone interested in a restaurant of this type can do much better, with better food and more creative menus, in many other places in the area.

Interestingly, when the server asked how things were at the end of the meal and I said only fair, he seemed to agree with me!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

46% Recommend
Rockville, Maryland
“Poor service and so-so food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

5 of us went to ATR for brunch on Sunday morning. Our coffee and food order was taken quickly and then nothing for a very long time. The restaurant had many empty tables so there was no excuse for the wait. Finally the waiter showed up to take our order and said that it would be ready in 10 mins. Apparently he hadn't even put the order in yet. We waited at least another 25 mins. before our food was served. The bacon had pools of grease on it and the eggs were barely warm. Then we had to wait for long periods for him to come over to refill our coffee. No one asked us if everything was OK.
There are many other restaurants around that serve brunch and ATR will not be getting our business again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Newville, Pennsylvania
“Okay, But Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had a business lunch here. Staff was friendly and attentive. I had a cup of the Maryland Crab Soup and a Spinach Salad. The soup was loaded with ingredients, unforetunately it was rather bland tasting. The salad greens were fresh, the dressing was okay but I felt that more thought went into the selection of the fancy salad bowl than making the actual salad stand out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Great addition to the Rockville Towncenter restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Although I'm not new to the American Tap Room, I was very pleased with the kind, courteous, and well informed staff that helped in my early dinner food selection and overall experience. My brother is visiting from Chicago and recommended the fried pickles and let me tell you I am a new fan. The pickles were still crunchy and had the pickle tanginess, but then add the crunch of deep fried breading and an unforgettable sweet, tangy, and spicy dipping sauce. Did I mention this was not on the late lunch menu but because my brother asked they made it special just for us.

For the meal I was torn between the Blackened Chicken Sandwich with Pineapple and Avocado Ranch Dressing and the Greek turkey Burger. Our waitress Debbie recommended the Greek Turkey Burger and it was an excellent choice. The turkey burger was filled with fresh cut oregano, parsley, red onions, and red crushed pepper; on a fresh made dinner roll filled with baby spinach and zesty hummus that seems to all come together to make the perfect combination with each bite. This is one burger that doesn't need any condiments or additions, it's perfect just as it is served.

I was happy that my brother had ordered the Blackened Chicken Sandwich with kettle chips because I got to experience both of for my late lunch/early dinner. The chicken was really moist and seasoned just right to compliment the sweetness of the the pineapple and tangy infusion of the avocado ranch dressing. It was very filling yet satisfied all cravings for sweet, salty, tangy, and spicy.

We ended our dinner with what I can only call "Chocolate Lovers" Banana Bread Pudding. This desert is served warm with large pieces of break and banana with lots of melted rich chocolate. To say this desert is decadent is an understatement. Even though the chocolate dominated the desert the lasting flavor of banana presented the lasting notes as I left the restaurant.

Many thanks for a great meal, Debbie our fantastic and amazing waitress whom i will ask for each time I return, and the evening manager for making sure to stop by the table a couple of times to ensure our experience was exceptional. If you're not sure what you want, the Tap Room menu has everything you can image and the staff will make even an early evening dinner a memorable and enjoyable experience.

• Visited June 2013