“Can I give it 6 stars?” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Maryland
“Can I give it 6 stars?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Every time I enter Villa Maya, I feel like I've come to a friend's house. The owner, Carmello, is there to welcome his guests with a warm smile and the atmosphere is equally as warm and inviting. There are several rooms and a nice bar area so seating is comfortable and not cramped. Chips and salsa (and water) are delivered as soon as guests are seated and the servers are not far behind. The food is always good and portions are generous. There are many, many choices for Mexican food in Montgomery County, but this is the ONLY place I will go. It's so nice to go to a restaurant and know that the owner and his staff go out of their way to connect with the people who are eating there. They really do make you feel at home.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Baltimore, Maryland
“Hidden Gem - Villa Maya Rockville Md”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The family wanted to try this place based on a friends recommendation. It is tucked in a corner of a neighborhood shopping center. There is outdoor seating and about 80 seats inside spread among 3 dining areas. It was very clean. The menu had a wide variety of items and we order the chicken sonora, and the steak - both which were exceptional. They provide each table with a bowl of crispy and warm chips and some salsa. You can also order fresh guacomole dip from a person that goes table to table. The service was very quick and attentive. We got the fried ice cream and it was delicious. Try it. Prices were reasonable. We will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rockville, Maryland
“Week not complete without a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I visit the restaurant at least once a week, sometime more, even if just for drinks. The food is always good, the drinks unbelievable, and service friendly and attentive.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“a great neighborhood find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

this little restaurant is tucked away in the back of the shopping center, where you might not expect to find a really good small mom and pops type place. There is outdoor seating in addition to the inside seating, which we used because it was so nice outside.

The complementary chips and salsa were good. the chips, seemed home made and fresh. Nice and thin....The salsa, was thin and very mild. I would have liked a little more flavor. But, if you ask for some hotter salsa they will bring you a small container of the hotter sauce, which is green and has a very nice warmth to it - my guess is it is jalapeno.

My daughter got the tortilla soup. She loved it. She gave me a bite, and I loved it. It was served with a small plate of toppings on the side, which you added as you liked. It made for a wonderful soup! I ordered enchiladas, and they were very good. The nice surprise for me was the rice. I typically dread the rice and beans because so many places....let me down. This place takes as much care with the rice as they do with the rest of the dish.

The service was also very good!!!

We will be back and will bring the rest of the family.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
DC
“New Mexican top Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

First time visitor and we will absolutely come back. Very good food, service, and great location! The chips and salsa were
Great and we had beef tacos, grilled chicken and seafood enchiladas. Everyone was happy.

• Visited August 2013