“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
linds323
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I just have to say that the food here is great. The prices are reasonable, they have a great variety, the staff is friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is inviting, and the food is delish! Definitely try the guac as an appetizer. They make it fresh at your table and it is the best that I have ever tasted. I will definitely be going back soon!

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stumbled upon this place and I am so happy we did. I love Mexican/Southwest cuisine and this little place delivers. The food and the drinks are tasty and priced reasonably. Their margaritas are quite potent. I had 2 and I was a little tipsy. The fresh guacamole they make tableside is a little pricey but good. I have tried the carne asada, burritos, and fajitas and the food was delicious and filling. I will definitely add this restuarant to my list of local favorites.

The only complaint I have is the last time we visited they were very crowded and the waiter was anxious for us to order our food to turn the table. This only happened on one occasion.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went here with a huge group (of 14) and found the staff most accommodating--they even allowed separate checks that the person who originally reserved for us didn't dare ask about. The food was fresh, they were generous with the chips and cilantro-laced salsa, and were patient with us as we placed our order. As you can imagine, with 14 it isn't easy! The food came quickly and the service was exceptional. There were plenty of options and everyone was able to find something they could eat. Great Tex-Mex and Latin American cuisine. Recommend the fried ice-cream.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC
“True Mexican food as it was meant to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Today is the second time coming to Villa Maya. Until eating here I was never a Dan if Mexican food. Probably because I had never had true Mexican food until now. This place is hands down the freshest and most authentic Mexican Restaurant around. It has been packed each time I came, and in speaking with others, it always is. The food is generously portioned, fresh and delicious! The staff is polite and attentive. The guacamole made fresh at your table side is a big plus! I will definitely come back regularly. I'm thankful it's only 15 mi utes from home.

• Visited April 2013
Rockville
“Our favorite restaurant in Rockville!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We go to Villa Maya at least once a week. We have been faithful customers since we moved to the area 5 years ago. We followed the owner from his old restaurant, Tobascos, to this new location, which is so convenient and just what this area of Rockville needed! Margaritas on the outdoor patio in the summer is the best! Some of our favorite dishes are the Villamole, nachos, enchiladas, fajitas, flan, and fried icecream. The food is delicious, the prices are decent, the staff is friendly, and the atmosphere is fun! They have a separate bar room for enjoying the game, or a fiesta room for large group parties. The new additions of the table side guacamole and the tortilla maker, make this place stand out among other restaurants. We have had many fun times and celebrations here over the last 5 years, and it has become our Cheers! If you haven't visited Villa Maya yet, you must! Best Mexican restaurant in Rockville!

• Visited April 2013