“Yum!” 4 of 5 stars

12256 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Geoff's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 342 restaurants in Rockville
Transit: Twinbrook Metro Station
Rockville, MD
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I stopped at Chef Geoff's for lunch today. I'd never tried one (there are several locations), so everything about the experience was new.

From the door, you can tell they are an upscale type of place. Pleasant staff greeted us immediately. Our server was so happy, and helpful! The smile never left her face, and she was giddy when I asked about her favorites on the menu. We decided to try one of the things she recommended: Steak Wrap.

This isn't a cheesesteak. These are giants cuts of beef. On the plate it's be a full steak. It's all wrapped up with onion straws, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and some sort of cheese I think. Served with a side (I got garlic steak fries), and three sauces for the sandwich.

I really enjoyed the sandwich, though I did find it a bit difficult to eat. I had trouble getting my teeth through the sandwich without losing my grip on it lol. And talk about full! It was more than enough. I may not eat until next week.

This place gets very crowded...I've seen the horde there on weekends when I drive by. So I'm glad I got to go really early on a holiday weekday. It's a bit pricey, but very nice place. Give lunch a try, as I'm sure the dinner prices are higher.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Chef Geoff's, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Good evening,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your nice comments here on Trip Advisor! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if I may ever assist with special requests or reservations.

66% Recommend
Silver Spring, MD
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on Christmas Eve and had a great meal. Given the special evening the service was very attentive. Previously we had a burger in the bar during happy hour. That too was great.

Visited December 2013
Good evening David,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your comments here on Trip Advisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if I may ever assist with special requests or reservations.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Big Fan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've been here a few times, but the last time I took my work group for a holiday lunch. With a group of 11, more things were sampled on the menu. Our service was outstanding. Everyone enjoyed their meal, we didn't have to wait long and we had several servers assisting with our lunch. The atmosphere is pretty too.

Visited December 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you for dining with us and for leaving this very nice review here on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if I may ever assist with special requests or reservations.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food and parking ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I come here once a month. The Happy hour prices are great. I love the plantain and chips and guacamole. I recommend you make reservations on open table. It gets super busy on the weekends and evenings. I also recommend the straight up pizza if you like plain pizza. The burgers are good.

Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Chef Geoff's, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Good morning Kevin,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your nice comments here on Trip Advisor. Thank you also for being one of our great regulars! We appreciate you more than you know.

Silver Spring, Maryland
“food ok, not the best service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We got a pizza and burgers (lunch) but the burgers were not cooked as my friends specified. Waiter/bartender seemed annoyed with having to serve us (we sat in booth in bar area). He totally screwed up our change, shorted us $20. We were trying to figure out what he was doing but were baffled, was he trying to keep a tip? Very odd, no apology either. Pizza was ok, thin crust. I don't understand why soda costs $3.50, that seemed very high. So while we enjoyed the happy hour food prices offered Mon/Tue, the drink prices seemed ridiculous. Atmosphere is nice, good music.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Good morning Theresa,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor. I'm so sorry to hear that you were shorted your change. Do you recall when you dined, what you ordered, and/or who your server was? I would like to review the check in detail.

I shared your note about the quality and price of our food and beverages with our menu development team. It is only through guest feedback like yours that we can continue to improve, so thank you again for posting.

I sincerely hope that you will dine with us again in the near future. Please let me know if I may ever assist with special requests or reservations.