“A gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant almost by chance using the “near my location” feature for dinner. It was amazing. I went to the usual Adams Morgan restaurants in the past, but this by far surpassed it. We took the lamb and the cabbage and carrots. The injera were so moist and fluffy, it was amazing. The veggies were great and the lamb was so tasty. Owners are so nice and helpful. They roast their own coffee as well and it smelled so good in the restaurant, I wished it had not been evening time to be able to try it. The restaurant is brand new and spot clean, which is always a delight. A five-star, easily! A step forward for the owners will be to make the décor a little more inviting, right now it is well decorated on the walls with really nice Ethiopian art and artifacts, but the tiles on the floor are not so cozy and there is a big empty space in the middle, which is convenient for the waiters, but not so pretty for the clients. You can make reservations in advance, which is great when you have a big party. There are a lot of vegetarian and even vegan options. Portions are huge and we ate everything but were so so full at the end. Prices are great, very reasonable for such a quality. I will definitely, definitely come back soon with my kids and am also planning on taking my in-laws. A must-go!!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
“The best ETHIOPIAN RESTAURANT in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Until Sheba came to Rockville, I had to travel to DC, Adams Morgan or Silver Spring for Ethiopian food, but no longer. There are a number of interesting menu choices, a broader array than other similar restaurants. The staff is also very friendly and takes time to describe food preparation methods, ingredients, etc. Portions are generous and consistently delicious! Hand s down, the best Ethiopian restaurant in the DC-Baltimore area.

From a Lover of Eritrean Food

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lillington, NC
“What a place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our daughter put us onto Sheba. I have lived in Ethiopia (Eriteria) and enjoy good Ethiopian cuisine. I have eaten at many of the Ethiopian restaurants in the DC area, going all the way back to one of the first, The Red Sea. My personal feeling is this is unequivocally the best Ethiopian food I have encountered anywhere, bar none.

The place was spotless, The decor was modern with the African/Ethiopian influence.

The meal was tasty and hot, and additional injera was provided before we could ask. My wife and I shared the meat sampler and the vegetable sampler. The taste, the smell, the texture, the experience was beyond our expectations.

The staff were friendly and helpful and very courteous.

This, or any other Ethiopian restaurant, is not the place for a romantic meal, but for any and every other dining opportunity please give Sheba a try.

Try it, you'll like it!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Veggie platter is delish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the vegan platter....they also have a veggie platter (has egg)....will be back. Not much more to say to reach minimum word count.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Potomac
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We ordered beef and lentil pastries for our appetizer. For our entres we ordered the vegetable sample platter, beef keywat, and chicken platter. The food was delicious, as well as the appetizers. However, we were disappointed with the service, as our appetizers did not arrive until after we finished our entrees. They did comp the appetizer, so we were left impressed with the restaurant. Overall, I highly recommend trying Sheba if you are in town or new to Ethiopian cuisine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere